With the Barbershops closed, grooming at home is the only way we can stay safe. Although most hair trimmer can take care of the grooming bit, the good ones cost a lot of money. Money that most of us don’t have. And investing in a subpar trimmer can result in injuries. Xiaomi as always as come up with a affordable and effective solution to this problem with their Enchen Hair Trimmer. Check out our “How to use Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer?” for all the details.
The Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer is absolutely fantastic. Not only does it have a brilliant design but it is also loaded with a bunch of features that will save you a lot of time and effort. This latest gadget from Xiaomi is a must-have product.
However, how exactly do these features work? Read on to find out How to use Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer?
How to use Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer?
Inside the Box
The Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer comes in a sturdy white cardboard box like most Xiaomi products. One unique thing about the packaging is that the white box is inside another brown cardboard box. On the front portion of the brown box, you will find an illustration of the trimmer. On the inner white box, you will find the technical specs and the features on all sides and an image of the box on the front portion. Inside the box, you will find:
- The Trimmer itself
- A type-C charging cable
- Oil for the Hair clipper
- Cleaning brush
- And an instruction manual
Enchen Cordless Electric Hair Clipper – Design
Xiaomi’s Hair clipper is minimal in appearance. In fact, it is reminiscent of those old school bulky hair clippers. However, the design scheme makes it look futuristic and elegant. It is pretty light weighing only 142 grams. This Xiaomi Hair clipper has dimensions of 43 x 164 mm making it one of the most compact trimmers in the market.
- The Xiaomi Enchen Boost Hair Trimmer comes in two colors black and white. White both having an elegant glossy look and smooth texture. Every inch of the device is made from high-quality materials. The exterior is made from ABS plastic which quite sturdy and durable.
- On the face side of the Xiaomi hair clipper, you will find a power button and two LED indicators. Near the head of the device is the Enchen Logo which is an important indicator of authenticity especially since there are a ton of fakes out there. Enchen is part of the Xiaomi Youpin Ecosystem.
- Behind the trimmer, you will find some technical specs and a button used to control the hair guard/comb. This gaurd also acts as a measuring device. Unlike most hair clipper that have a separate measuring guard that you add on the Xiaomi Enchen has made it extremely simple for their users with the one button-hair lock system. Which we’ll get to in a bit.
- Next to the button are measurements marks from 3 to 21. This basically means you can cut hair from 0.7 to 21 mm. The hair comb has bendable tips which is super useful to prevent injuries.
- On the base, there a simple port for charging. This port is specifically meant for a type-c cable. So, you can actually charge it from a power bank instead of a plug socket like other trimmers.
The head of the Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer is made from a nano-ceramic material that is 1.6 times stronger than stainless steel. Not only does this improve the durability of the product but it also increases the quality of the cut itself. It also has rounded of edges to prevent injuries. Most importantly, this ceramic cutter head actually emits noise of 55 db making this Hair trimmer more quiet than your average stainless steel clipper.
Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer – Set-up
Interestingly, this hair trimmer doesn’t have a relatively complicated set-up process like most of Xiaomi’s devices. All you have to do is connect the charging cable to the Xiaomi Hair trimmer and plug in the cable in to a power bank for about an hour.
Once this is done, you can start using it. Yup, that’s pretty much it. There’s no smartphone/ Mi home feature so it doesn’t connect to your mobile device.
So, how to use Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer?
Using the Xiaomi Enchen Hair trimmer is fairly simple. Once, you’ve charged the device. Flip the trimmer over and using the the button of the positioning comb choose the measurement of hair you want to cut. You have an option to go as low as 0.3 and as high as 21 mm.
Once, you’ve chosen the length of hair you want to cut. Turn it on by clicking the button on the front of the device. You’ll see both the LED lights light up and the blades vibrating. This basically, means you can start cutting the hair. Place it on the subjects hair and start gliding. You don’t need to press the device down unless you’re going for a short cut. Be sure to use it according to style of hair you’re after.
You have the option to switch speeds. If you long press the button you get to uses the turbo mode which is more useful for thick hair. Of course, you can also change the position of the comb as and when you think it’s appropriate. This device will last for 90 minutes in one go so you can go at it without and issues. You also don’t need to be concerned about hurting the subject as the blades are rounded off to prevent injuries.
- This Xiaomi Hair trimmer certainly has some useful features. For example, the one button sliding comb is super useful as it saves you the time and effort of adding multiple combs and attachments. With this one button slidong comb you can vut your hair from 0.3 to 21 mm. Of course, you also have the zero option.
- The head of the Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer is made out of Nano-ceramic which is famed to be 1.6 times stronger than stainless steel making it extremely durable and even resistant to rust and other environmental factors. So, yes you can actually expect decent longevity from this trimmer. Most importantly, it is much more quiet when compared to your other clippers as this ceramic cutter doesn’t emit more than 55 db’s of noise.
- The ceramic cutter head also doesn’t generate any heat so you don;t need to be concerned about burning your self or electrocuting yourself through discharges.
- Like all Enchen Products this device also comes with The Energy Smart Manager which is the brainchild of the Enchen ecosystem. The ESM offers two functions: energy management and efficient motor function.
- The energy management works during charging and during regular use. During charging it activates multiple guarantees to extend the life of the battery and ensures safe charging. During regular use it basically, trickles the charge to ensure a long-lasting charge of 3 months. The motor master function basically, prevents hair from getting inside the device when the battery is low and the blade speed is reduced.
- It has a R-type rounded corners. This Xiaomi trimmer has a rounded off cutter head and positioning comb to prevent injuries and provide comfort when cutting hair.
- And most importantly, the Enchen Boost hair clipper uses a frequency conversion technology and a powerful 280-type motor that provides two speeds that you can easily switch between in fluid manner. The basic speed is around 4500 rpm for regular hair and a turbo mode with an output of 5800 rpm for thick hair.
Like most Xiaomi products, the Enchen Boost hair clipper has a stellar battery life. It can easily last for 90 minutes an a single charge. Additionally, this hair clipper can stay on standby mode from 30 days without losing juice. It takes about 120 minutes for the device to charge. While it may seem like this is too much. It actually comes with a Type-C USB cable. So, it’s charging capabilities are actually quite fast when compared to the other clippers in its price segment.
The USB-C port can be found at the bottom and is extremely convenient as this can allow your to cut your hair while it’s charging. The most useful aspect about the Type-C charging cable. You can hook it up to a portable charger and carry it around. This makes it so much more easier to cut your hair as your not bound by a wall socket.
Other than this, this hair clipper also happens to come with a convenient Energy Smart Manager which helps the charger efficiently utilize its charge. This not only extends the duration of the charge but it also helps with long term battery life.
Xiaomi Hair Trimmer – Performance
Well, after using it for around three months. I think its safe to say this is one hell of a clipper. It’s hands down one of the best. Especially if you’re in a hurry.
- The Xiaomi hair clipper works great and is perfect for thick hair. The one button slide will help you easily measure and set the length as and when you use without having to stop and attach a different comb and resume the process. It’s very fluid and the soft bendable nature of the guard and the cutter let’s you move comfortable without and hesitation which I really loved. I totally relied on this device and pushed it down on to my skin near my nape and i didn’t get a single nick.
- As i mentioned I have thick hair. So, i was on Turbo mode the entire time. I never really felt a major difference between the Turbo and Regular mode. Either way it was extremely easy and effective and there was no heat generation or electrical discharge of any kind.
- However, i did notice something after i was done cutting my hair. Enchen claims that their EMS technology provides energy management and efficient motor function. While the trimmer did last for about 2.5 months on a single charge the motor function had some issues. Basically, Enchen claimed that device won’t pull of catch hair. While this didn’t happen i did notice quite a bit of hair had made its way into the the head of the the trimmer.
- While this isn’t too big of a deal it still has a chance of messing with the motor. So, be sure to remove the head and give it a clean after your done using it. Another issue was the noise. While it’s true the ceramic cutter is quiet, the positioning comb actually rattles when it’s above 5 mm. While it is quite ironic, it’s also pretty damn annoying.
This is certainly device with pros and cons and fortunately the pros do outweigh the cons. The Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer Is equipped with functions and features that will make your life a whole lot easier. the nano-ceramic cutter head, the two speed and the one button positioning comb help you save an insane amount of time due to the fluidity. You can also totally rely on this hair trimmer as the rounded off edges will protect you from injuries.
Most importantly, the battery life is absolutely brilliant. It can last for 90 minutes on a single charge. Which is super useful as you don’t have to keep running back to charge it like so many hair clippers out there. However, there are tiny annoyances like the rattling sound of the positioning comb and the hair that finds its way into the head of the trimmer. Other these irritating issues this It’s definitely worth investing in. After all, it actually does a good job.
Is the Xiaomi Hair Trimmer Worth it?
Yes, The Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer is defintely worth it. Not only does it have a beautiful design and battery life it also has amazing features that can cut your hair trimming time in half. It has two speeds that you can easily switch between and a brilliant one button positioning comb that can let you cut hair of 0.2 to 21 mm. Check out out “How to use Xiaomi Enchen Hair Trimmer?” for more details.
This Xiaomi Enchen hair clipper is fantastic. I love it so much, I purchased two.
Don’t let the low price scare you. This cordless hair clipper is very high quality, sharp and thoughtfully designed.
Watch out for the Xiaomi brand. Their products are well made, modern and stylish. I appreciate how changing the blade cutting height is built in. No messing with clumsy attachments.
Why don’t all clippers have this feature? Even with the height guard removed, one can’t cut skin. It’s safe and simple to use. These clippers are super practical because it’s cordless and lightweight. No wrestling with a cord. And it charges using a type C wall charger, that’s not included, but the same kind many android cellphones use.Raymond from USA
These are so great that I bought a pair for every home. I have very expensive hair clippers and I have these. These are the ones I go to. The ease of a clip that adjusts without having to switch guards is very convenient. These ones are not loud whatsoever.
They are sharp, not the most sharp but i do prefer them to my Wahl and Phillips. I cut my friends hair and I will always ask which clippers they prefer, and these are fast becoming their favorite as well.
These are easy to hold in hand and they charge wonderfully. The charger is the same as my samsung note 8 and my samsung galaxy fold.
I do wish that there was a travel case but since I bought one for every home thats no longer necessary. Give these a try. They are very affordable and work very well.
I dont know how long they will last but you would just buy another pair.
Great productTodd from USA
It is not as fancy as the full featured trimmers. It is very lightweight, which may be a plus for some. Very easy to control and operate. Made of quality materials. Not waterproof! Easy to clean and a single charge will last a long time. A cable is included but a USB charger is not included.The Long Ranger from USA
- These Xiaomi Beauty Products Will Blow Your Mind
- Relieve those Stiff Muscles With The Xiaomi Massage Gun
- How Does The Xiaomi Body Composition Scale Work?
Table of Contents