While Xiaomi is a brand synonymous with consumer electronics and gadgets they also seem to dominate the non-tech markets as well. For example, a simple pen from Xiaomi can be absolutely brilliant. Check out Mijia Pen Price and Review for all the details.
MIJIA by Xiaomi is a sub-brand and the term MIJIA means smart home in Chinese. As the name suggests, they are into consumer products that fall into the smart home category. Can you imagine a pen being part of the home ecosystem? Well, MIJIA certainly thinks so. The pen, the mighty pen of yesteryears might have lost its charm in the recent past but has made a comeback, thanks to MIJIA.
- Mijia Pen Price and Review 2021
- Inside The Box
- Mi Rollerball Pen Review – Design and appearance
- Mijia Mi Pen – Function and Use
- Mi Rollerball Pen – Performance
- Mijia Pen – Key features:
- Mijia Pen Price and Review – Final Thoughts
- Xiaomi Mijia Pen – Price
- Technical specifications:
Mijia Pen Price and Review 2021
I used the pen for more than a week and I have no complaints, the ink quality is amazing and I did not feel the strain even when I used the pen for long durations. I was impressed by how it could write on all kinds of paper. Most importantly, the:
Xiaomi Mijia Pen is quite sturdy since it’s made of a polycarbonate body. So, it’s quite durable and a fall won’t damage it. Additionally, it has a high precision nib and is made from a copper ball. Not only does this make using this pen extremely comfortable but it will also ensure smooth lines any stutters.
Inside The Box
The MIJIA pen comes in a white box with MI and MIJIA logos at the top and the bottom. The MIJIA (MI Home Ecosystem) logo is a shield that might be new to a few of us. The box features the picture of the pen on the front and the product specifications at the back along with a serial number as a mark of authenticity.
Inside the box:
- We get to see the matte finish pen enclosed in thin plastic. The first thing you notice is a unique clip with the MIJIA logo. The pen is housed in a polycarbonate body and is strongly built.
Mi Rollerball Pen Review – Design and appearance
The MIJIA pen is available in black and white and it looks and feels great. The pen has a premium feel to it with its matte finish and has a perfect height to weight ratio.
- With a 9.5mm diameter, the pen has a nice grip and I really like the build quality. The clip is well designed is and very durable. The polycarbonate body is tough but you might notice a few scratches with prolonged use.
Mijia Mi Pen – Function and Use
The MIJIA pen comes with a twist top action which reveals and hides the tip to write.
- The 0.5mm precision tungsten carbide ball bead is meant for clear and consistent writing and will not disappoint you.
The carbide ball’s strength can be compared to diamonds and is both reliable and durable and is fit for continuous use. The 0.5mm tip is smooth on paper and the black ink produced has a dark contrast to it.
Mi Rollerball Pen – Performance
The MIJIA pen writes on all kinds of paper quality and has exceptional ink clarity. The pen actually made my handwriting, which is only average look better. I’m not kidding, the black color leaves a strong and consistent imprint and the words look clearer on paper.
- The 9.5mm diameter of the MIJIA pen has a comfortable grip and has superior control. Although the pen is quite light it doesn’t slip away from your hand. This can be primarily attributed to the amazing grip.
- The MIJIA pen comes with a SWISS refill that is smudge-proof, waterproof, and fade-proof.
- The Japanese MIKUNI ink is smudge-proof, water-proof, and fade-proof which is commendable as it does not bleed on paper. I found that it dries almost immediately, and it didn’t smudge even when I used an ink eraser. I honestly don’t know whether to laugh or cry but it certainly seems to be permanent.
- The waterproof bit is actually pretty accurate. I tried everything from dripping droplets of water to plunging the paper in a bucket filled with warm water and it still managed to stay exactly the same without even the slightest bleeding.
- It has a handy retractable design that is easy to use. The rotary action reveals and hides the tip and has a 50,000 rotation life.
The overall performance is excellent as I did not notice any lag or stutter and I used it to scribble, write notes, and used it for signing documents. The MIJIA pen is ideal for students and individuals who use pens over longer durations. The metal weighted copper moves the pen’s center of gravity making it easy to handle.
Mijia Pen – Key features:
- The PREMEC refills from Switzerland allow a high ink flow that ensures clear writing
- The refills have an in-built spring seal that prevents drying of ink even when the pen is not used for an extended period of time. These refills are available for purchase separately too
- The 0.5mm tungsten bead ensures consistent lines while writing. There are no breaks that are common among other ball point pens. It’s consistent even if you rotate the tip.
- The pen uses MIKUNI liquid gel-ink from Japan that has a strong and consistent impression and is water-proof and smudge-proof. This makes sure the ink does not bleed on any kind of paper. In fact, this feature is quite underrated.
- The 120-degree retractable twist which reveals and hides the tip is easy to operate. The action is simple and looks elegant and can be operated even with one hand.
- The rotation piece is made of copper and has undergone 50,000 rotation service life tests. The use of metal connectors and rotating sleeves instead of plastic gives the MIJIA pen an increased life-span.
- The MIJIA pen has all-metal precision parts that move the pen’s center of gravity forward making it comfortable to write for longer durations.
Mijia Pen Price and Review – Final Thoughts
The MIJIA pen functions like any other pen should but the build quality overall is worth every penny you pay. You can feel the difference when you use the pen for a longer duration. The comfort and grip make it a must-buy for students and professionals.
- The matte finish and the durable clip is truly exceptional and makes it stand apart. The ink used is a Japanese quick-dry ink and has a neutral tone, bright color, water-proof, of stable quality, and will not fade with time.
- The pen may come across as expensive when compared to the other popular pen brands which you and I might use regularly. But all in all, it definitely one of the must-have Xiaomi products.
- Build quality
- Superior control and comfort
- 9.5mm contoured grip
- 120 Degree retractable twist
- PREMEC refills from Switzerland
- MIKUNI fast-drying ink from Japan
- Precision metal parts
- The ink comes only in black color
- The price may be steep for a gel pen
- Simple in design as compared to popular brands
- Might slip if you have oily or sweaty fingers
- Refills not available in physical stores and you might want to stock up
- Scratches may appear with daily use, accidental drops.
Xiaomi Mijia Pen – Price
The Xiaomi Mijia Pen is priced between USD 1.45 – 3.54 and depends if you buy with or without the refills. The price may come across a tad bit expensive for a simple ball pen. However, the MIJIA pen is definitely a really good value for money. Especially since it comes with exceptional features like fast-drying Mikuni Ink and a polycarbonate body.
What’s in it for you?
If you are a connoisseur of pens, this pen does not compete with brands like Pierre Cardin, Montblanc, Cross and the like. For a not so regular user of pens like me, the MIJIA pen is a perfect buy.
- The fact that the ink comes only in black color maybe be a hindrance for a few of you. All things said and done, a pen from the Xiaomi stable is worth a look. They have created a one-of-a-kind accessory and it showcases the simple but effective product aesthetics they are known.
However, The value for money and the quality of the product is truly commendable. The build quality is one the best I’ve seen in recent times and I would definitely recommend it. The pricing is slightly higher than gel pens you and I are used to buying but you will surely notice the difference.
|Material||Polycarbonate + ABS|
|Writing tip||Tungsten carbide ball bead|
|Colors available||Black and white|
|Ink||MIKUNI ink from Japan|
Does it come in Blue Ink?
No. If you love blue ink, then the MIJIA pen might not suit your color preference. The pen comes with MIKUNI fast-drying ink and in black color only. Check out the Mijia Pen Price and Review for all the details.
How long will the Xiaomi Mijia Pen last?
The MIJIA pen is built with a polycarbonate body and precision tools and the rotating piece is made of copper. According to the company, each pen goes through a 50,000 rotation life test ensuring the pen has a longer lifespan. You might encounter a few scratches with daily use.
Is there a refill available for the Xiaomi Mijia Pen?
Yes. You can buy imported PREMEC refills imported from Switzerland. These refills come with an in-built spring seal that prevents drying of ink even when the pen is not used for an extended period of time. The refills may cost you anywhere between USD 1.47 – 3.59 depending on the quantity you order. The refills have the same tungsten carbide beads that come with the pen and so your writing has the same clarity at all times. Check out the entire Mijia Pen Price and Review for all the details.
Great working pen, high quality and looks very nice. It writes very smoothly and fits my hand nicely. Love it. But the white pen is easy to scratch and it’s very visible when scratched.Tommy Johnathan from USA
The pen looks and feels nice, but the ink cartridges run out quite quickly. While it’s great and buttery smooth in the beginning, once it’s almost over it stutters and feel gritty. I figured maybe I just got a bad cartridge in the pen itself, but after trying two refills, I still ran into the same problem. You should get as much as refills as you possibly canEna from USA
The grip is great! and the nip is very precise. Good quality just like the rest of xiaomi product line. But the only thing is that the pen is costlyJonah from UK
Table of Contents