There have been tons of time when I hoped that the last 5% of battery life on my phone would last till I made it home. But unfortunately, every phone I’ve used regardless of capacity has always disappointed me when it came to conserving power. Xiaomi phones especially seem to encounter faster battery drain as it runs a tremendous amount of programs at the same time. And even the best battery save app wouldn’t be of much help. However, there are certain hacks to help increase battery life by a considerable amount. Check out our Tips on how to increase battery life of your Xiaomi phone.
Although Xiaomi battery tend to depreciate much faster than other brands, it also comes with amazing software performance and optimization tools that can help you improve power efficiency. The follow tip and tricks will work on pretty much all Xiaomi phones.
After having run multiple tests on various Xiaomi phones, my team and I came up with a list of tips that can be used to extend battery life by at least 30-40%. We found out that:
The best and ideal way to make your Xiaomi battery last longer would be to turn off notifications and apps that you don’t need. Then head to turn off all types of connectivity like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and mobile data and GPS. Additionally, you can turn off the phone’s vibration, reduce the brightness, reduce the screen time out and turn off auto-sync. You can also change dynamic wallpapers to something more static, running aeroplane mode and power saver mode.
- Tips on how to increase battery life of your Xiaomi phone
Tips on how to increase battery life of your Xiaomi phone
#1 — Find out what’s causing your phone to drain prematurely
Although there are methods of prolonging your phone’s battery, it is better if you do a basic diagnostic and find out what’s causing your battery’s poor performance issues. While there are a few third-party apps that can give you accurate battery usage data, it’s better to simply head to the Battery in the Settings menu and check the health report. It will show you if there’s an app or a file that’s draining a large amount of power. It’s one of the best Tips on how to increase battery life of your Xiaomi phone.
- By clicking on the three dots on the top right of the screen, you can access detailed information about the apps and battery usage. You will also graphs that depict the battery life and power allocation data. If you find an app or file that’s draining too much power, force stop it and restart your device.
Restarting your phone will help it start from scratch and quit all programs that are preventing your battery from functioning normally. If you have a file or a data that has malware and automatically drains the battery even after restarting it, then back up all your important and personal data before running the factory reset option. This can help your phone re-start from a clean slate.
#2 — Turn on battery saving mode on the phone
Turn on battery saving mode on the phone is one of the most basic methods to improve battery life, This is usually the best option if it’s the common apps are the ones draining the battery. Once you determine this, you can depend on the Battery Saver option that will help save juice by restricting certain apps. It also helps allocate power in an efficient manner. For example, by reducing the screen brightness.
- To access it all you have to do is head to the Battery and Performance in settings and turn on battery saver. This feature will help manage the battery in a much more efficient manner and cut juice to redundant or useless applications. However, the only issues as such is with the fact that this feature is only available on Xiaomi Phones with MIUI 8 and thereafter.
You can also access the scenes section and enable the Inactive Mode. This along with the Non-interactive mode with help reduce the usage when the phone is idle.
#3 — Force GPU Rendering
There are other methods that can help save power at the processor level. if you head to developer settings then you can access these fundamental methods. Like most Android devices all you have to do to access the developer settings is head to my device in settings and click on MIUI version 7 times in a consecutive manner. Then head to the application settings and click on Additional settings, you’ll find that Developer options would be activated.
- After clicking on developer options, you’ll find the Force GPU rendering option. Activating this option would ensure that the GPU would support the CPU in processing data. Doing this would take the stress of the CPU and reduce power consumption.
If the CPU is under tremendous amounts of stress then activating another option called Disable HW overlay would ensure that the rendering of data would be done entirely by the GPU. This can help save almost 30% power and even allocate the CPU to take up other tasks.
#4 — Stopping apps from running in the background
One of the most effective methods to save battery life would be to prevent apps from running in the background. While you can depend on battery power allocation and Adaptive Battery feature to keep a track of battery usage, force stopping an app that’s causing a lot of power loss might be more expensive.
- Force stopping and app can either be done from the panel which can be accessed from swiping up from the home screen or you can head to running apps through the settings menu and stop it there. Closing apps will actually save you more money than opening apps.
- Background apps don’t just refer to those that you as the user open. It can also refer to those apps that run when you turn on your phone. These apps that launch with the system tend to suck the most amount of power.
To set control this all you have to do is head to the permissions in App settings and click on AutoStart. This will show the list of apps the open on the background. There are certain apps that do require this permission like security camera apps that show you the feed. So, set it accordingly.
#5 — Setting the preferred network type
Did you know that phone loose a lot of power trying to find Wifi and other signals. In fact, this one of the most common hidden reasons as to why phones loose charge unknowingly. However, unlike most phones Xiaomi actually allows their users to set a preferred network type that will save tons of time and energy.
- All you have to do is head to the Application settings and click on total storage 4 times to access hidden settings. On this menu you’ll find a bunch of details about the phone.
Here you can set your preferred network type. However, you’ll need to choose your network from the LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS list.
How can I make my Xiaomi battery last longer?
The quickest way to make your Xiaomi battery last longer would be to turn off notifications and apps that you don’t need. Then head to turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and mobile data and GPS. This will drastically help improve your battery life. If your in dire need for more power then you can go even further and turn off the phone’s vibration, reduce the brightness, reduce the screen time out and turn off auto-sync.
Other than these methods some uncommon methods to preserve battery life would be to change dynamic wallpapers to something more static, running aeroplane mode and power saver mode. Check out our Tips on how to increase battery life of your Xiaomi phone.
- What Upgrades Does The MIUI 12 Offer?
- What’s The Actual Reason Behind Xiaomi’s Aggressive Pricing
- This Is Why Redmi Note 9S considered a Mid-Range King
Table of Contents