Robot vacuum cleaners have always been extremely popular since the first Roomba hit the market almost two decades ago. These automated devices are extremely reliable and clean the house by itself without the user having to get off the couch. I’ve personally used these for a long time and they are seriously a God send. Especially, with me having very little time to clean between my work and home-life. Although Roomba’s were good, the Xiaomi Robot Vacuum cleaner are on a league of their own. Check out our guide on the Types of Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
Xiaomi took over the robot vacuum cleaner space in less than five years. The first Xiaomi Robot Vacuum cleaner is not only still in circulation is still one of the best in terms of performance. In fact, since 2016, Xiaomi has refined their tech and made their subsequent models even better. They are not only amazing in their structural design but they also have more power and battery life. These gadgets are a must-have in every smart home.
In fact, the primary reason that Xiaomi Robot Vacuum cleaner dominate the space is not due to the accurate navigation or the cleaning capabilities but it’s due to the cheap price. All Xiaomi’s products are aggressively priced despite their high quality and that’s true even with their Robot Vacuums.
After having reviewed all the Xiaomi Robot Vacuum cleaners in the market based on various factors like design, functions, features, performance, effectiveness and price, my team and I zeroed in on 4 vacuum’s that really stood out. These 4 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum cleaner is the Xiaomi Mija Roborock S6. This device uses a Laser based navigation system to map the cleaning route and circumvent obstacles. It uses a suction power of 2000 Pa to rid of debris and deep clean the surfaces. It also has a mop function that helps get rid of stains. With a 5200mAh battery, it can easily last for 120 minutes on a single charge.
Types of Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Xiaomi Mija Roborock S6
The Xiaomi Mija Roborock S6 is one of the latest robot vacuum cleaners from the tech giant. This device is the 6th edition in the Roborock S-series and is unlike anything else in the market. It is vastly different than it’s predecessors when it comes to the brushes, power, lower noise emission, and most importantly navigation. With a 5200mAh battery this beast can easily run for 2-2.5 hours on a single charge. It is one of the best Types of Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
- The S6 has a similar design as its predecessor. With the only major difference being the presence of an omnidirectional laser sensor on a turret that helps it map the environment and navigate with amazing accuracy. In addition to being able to vacuum, this device can also mop. Unlike it’s predecessor the S5, the mop of this device is similar in size to the vacuum brush, thereby making it more effective.
- It has a powerful suction power of 2000 Pa which is strong enough to not only get rid of dust and trash but also deep clean a carpet. It’s one of the few machines that can effective get rid of allergens. This can be primarily attributed to the new turbo brush which has rubber bristles that’s 230% more denser than the previous generation.
- This Xiaomi vacuum cleaner uses an advanced laser distance measurement technology to navigate the rooms and uses a SLAM algorithm to map the interior and project it onto the Mi App. The precision of the lasers helps accurately and effectively clean every inch of the house. It even has sensors to scan for stairs and carpets.
However, the most amazing feature is the Adaptive routing algorithm that measure the distance between obstacles and determines the shape of the overall room in which the obstacle is placed. This ensures that it doesn’t crash. It also helps it move faster and speed up the cleaning process.
Xiaomi Mija Roborock s5
The Xiaomi Mija Roborock s5 is the best robot vacuum cleaner when it comes to overall cleaning capabilities. With a powerful battery, suction power and accurate navigation it effectively cleans the house. It also simultaneously mops the floor making it spick and span. Additionally it comes with option to vacuum in one room and mop in another. Most importantly, it allows the user set tasks using the app.
- It is extremely similar to the S6 in design and it delivers the same long-term performance. This device has an dustbin with capacity of 460ml to hold all sorts of trash and debris. It also has a a water tank that houses around 140ml of water. The water does run out pretty quickly. So, it does go back to its dock every now and then to replenish the water.
- With a battery of 5200mAh is can run for 120 minutes on a single charge. Each room usually takes about 15-20 minutes. So, it can ideally finish cleaning the house before it runs out of juice. After which it’ll return to the charging dock to charge itself.
- Like its successor, it also used advanced laser distance measurement technology to navigate the household. It has a variety of laser sensors that help prevent it from crashing into obstacles. For example, the wall and anti-collision sensors prevent it from bumping into walls and tripping over. The distance sensors gauges the measurement of the rooms. It also has a cliff sensors to prevent it from falling down the stairs.
- This smart device comes with a variety of modes that makes your like much easier. Foe example, the carpet mode deep cleans the carpet without damaging the materials. It also gets rid of pet dander and even allergens. It has a mopping mode that mops the floor as it vacuums it. If your back home late and want to get some rest you can expect the quiet mode to not disturb you. The most powerful mode is the turbo mode which can blast through the house and clean in minutes.
This device lets you schedule the clean-up time and lets you even choose the areas of the house you want cleaned. Of course, you can also set it to not clean certain areas.
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Pro
Equipped with the laser navigation system, a powerful Nidec Japanese engine the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Pro is one of the most powerful and effective robot vacuum cleaners in the world. It also has a tons of useful feature that help get the job done as effectively and fast as possible. For example, it has a two in one vacuum and mop function that deep cleans all types of floors. Most importantly, it is extremely affordable at $297.95. It is one of the best Types of Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
- This robot vacuum cleaner is extremely light when compared to the rest as its only 3.6kg. This helps it move around faster without loosing much charge. It also helps store the device when your travelling or moving. It has a bunch of amazing wheels that not only help it move with accuracy and ease but also climb obstacles that are 2cm in height.
- Unlike other Xiaomi Robot vacuum cleaners, it uses a new navigation system that captures the most minute of details in a room and map it as it moves around. Making it one of the fastest automated vacuum cleaners in the market. It also maps the house and sends it to your phone via the app, so you can set tasks and even define restricted areas. The app also lets you uses various modes in different rooms based on the type of floor.
- Fortunately, Xiaomi did increase the capacity of the water tank to 200ml. So, it can last for a while without any issues.
- As mentioned earlier, the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Pro comes with a new Japanese NIDEC engine that generates a suction power of up to 2500Pa. This is the highest we’ve seen in the entire Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner line of products.
The only con per se it the battery. Xiaomi actually downgraded it to a 3200mAh Li-polymer battery. Which can barely last 90 minutes. So, it definitely has to run twice to clean the entire house.
Is xiaomi robot vacuum good?
The Xiaomi Robot Vacuum is one of the best in it’s segment. Not only does it have the best design but it also comes with the latest sensors to navigate the floors and amazing features that effective cleans any surface. It also has an amazing battery life that can last for 90-120 minutes on a single charge.
It also maps the household and accurately cleans the house without bumping into obstacles. These machine also have a mop feature and can deep clean a surface with ease. Check out our guide on the Types of Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner for all the details.
- Check out the thorough review of the Xiaomi Roborock Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- These Xiaomi Humidifiers are a must-have
- The Xiaomi Walking Pad is perfect for your fitness goals
Table of Contents