is the Viomi Electric kettle the best?
Store Name: Un Ottimo Store
Store Description: One of the best stores for Xiaomi products. And one of the few stores to stock the Viomi Smart water kettle!
Price range: $10 - $30
App Use Case
Water Heating Capacity
Viomi Smart Water
The Viomi Smart Water, Rated!
User Review( votes)
In this day and age, where every product becomes “smart”. I get super apprehensive about products that don’t need to be smart. Like a kettle. But if a product adds value to your life by saving time or by helping you automate, I surely think it’s worth it. The Viomi smart water kettle falls into that category of products. Does it deliver? Is it worth it? Check out our Viomi Smart Water Kettle with Bluetooth for all the details.
The Voimi Smart Water Kettle is an absolutely stunning product. Not only does it have a bunch of modes and features that make your life convenient, but you can also control the kettle remotely through your smartphone. That level of automation is brilliant.
Let’s find out what else the Viomi smart water kettle has to offer, shall we? Here’s the Viomi Smart Water Kettle with Bluetooth.
Xiaomi Electric Kettle
|Heating Modes||4 types – Milk Powder, Baby Rice Flour, White Tea, Coffee|
|Resting heat time||Up to 12 hours|
|Boiling Time||5 minutes|
Inside the Box
The packaging is like most Viomi products, its a back cardboard box with the image of the smart kettle on the front portion. You can find a list of the specs and features on the sides.
Inside the box you’ll find:
- An instruction manual
- The water kettle itself.
- The base plate with a charging plug.
From the outside, the water kettle looks like any other kettle, except it looks a bit futuristic. It has a nice black matte finish. The material is made of hard black plastic.
- On the handle, there is a display with a boil button and a warm button. The display also shows the temperature the water is at currently.
- You will also find the Viomi logo on the device and a Bluetooth symbol engraved into the handle to showcase the fact it supports Bluetooth.
- The handle is pretty ergonomic and you’ll find a button on top of the handle which basically ejects the cover of the smart kettle.
- If you are cooking precisely with measurements, the Viomi water kettle can help. It has markings on the inside that displays the quantities such as 500ml, 1.5 litres etc.
- On the inside its filled made from a silver lining of a combination of metals that help heat the contents. You will also find a tiny stick-like thermostat which directly heats up the contents.
- The base of the kettle has a copper coil like port. The protrusion on the charging base neatly fits into this port. The charging base also has a wire and plug attached to it.
The Black finish of the Viomi Smart kettle is super useful as it not only looks elegant but also prevents coffee stains. The grip is comfortable. But the placement of the warm and boil button is annoying. However, we can give the placement a pass since it’s a super useful component.
Function and Use
So how does it work? Conect the base to a plug point and make sure the kettle is on the charging plate. Now, add the water or milk you want to heat. And hit the boil or warm button. Fairly simple.
- Like most Xiaomi devices, you can use the Mi App to connect the Viomi smart kettle. It’s easy to pair it with your phone, you just have to press and hold the ‘boil’ button for 3 seconds. So now that you have connected it to the Mi Home app, you can change the temperatures and settings. You can use the predefined settings that are built-in for basic functions like making coffee or tea.
- So what is the boiling time like? It takes about two minutes and fifteen seconds for the first boil. Whereas the second boil takes only a minute and twenty seconds. Another aspect of keeping water in the kettle is to keep the temperature as warm as possible so that the next boiling time is quicker. The Viomi smart water kettle beats every other kettle, with a resting temperature of 57-degrees after an hour.
You can also use a feature called ‘Keep warm’, which basically heats up your water to a certain temperature for a set period of time. But one glaring issue is, you cannot get the water kettle to boil water remotely. This means you cannot instruct the kettle to start boiling the water. You need to be present physically to turn it on to boil.
- The Viomi Smart Kettle has a real-time temperature display and an intelligent water temperature control
- It also has a triple safety protection to make sure there are no mishaps.
- This smart kettle can be set up to 12 hours of accurate temperature. Basically, you can keep you water warm for up to 12 hours while consuming only 0.5 kW/h power.
- It is capable of fast heating. The boiling time is only about 4-6 minutes which is relatively good when compared to other smart kettles that take up to 10 mins.
So this is your everyday kettle with a slight difference. The button for boil and warm are pretty useful and also the temperature number on the handle display. This makes it super easy to boil the water at the perfect temperature you are comfortable with.
- The Mi App, as always adds to the value of the product and there are a number of things you could do with the Mi app such as setting the temperature, turning on the timer, setting the continuous boiling time.
- The only thing you can’t do with this app is to turn on the device remotely, which is probably for the best as it can be hazardous in certain circumstances.
Viomi Smart Water Kettle
- Beautiful hard plastic and great form factor
- An amazing display with easy to use buttons
- Super easy to use with the Mi Home app
- Boils the water in about a minute and a half
- The resting temperature is the highest among other smart kettles
- It makes a bit of noise while using
Also Read :