Best Xiaomi Airdot seller
Store Name: MIJIA ONLINE STORE
Store Description: This store ships to a lot of countries. Check them out for best price of Xiaomi Airdots this 2021.
Price range: $10 - $30
Xiaomi Air Dots
One of the best wireless earbuds available in the market. Price wise, this is an absolute steal. This Aliexpress seller ships worldwide. Check out our full review below.
I’ve reviewed so many products from Xiaomi to confidently state that this consumer electronics behemoth aggressively competes with Apple in virtually every aspect.
They compete with Apple with their phones, accessories, and other gadgets. And now Xiaomi has gone a step further and countered Apple’s Air Pods with its own pair of Air Dots.
Check out our Are Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Good guide for more details.
Are Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Good?
Xiaomi Redmi Airdots are a fantastic choice for those looking for high-quality true wireless earbuds without breaking the bank.
In comparison to Apple AirPods, these compact and ergonomic earbuds offer similar sound quality and features at a fraction of the price.
The Xiaomi Redmi Airdots is one of the Best True Wireless Earbuds on the market. Not only are these earbuds ergonomic and compact their also far more inexpensive when compared to other TWS earbuds on the market. With a battery life of 4 hours and a charging case that offers 3 consecutive charges, these buds can last for 3 days on a single charge. Most importantly, these audio devices offer a much better sound quality than the majority of earbuds.
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots 3 Pro Review | Is it Better than the AirDots 3?
Both the Xiaomi Redmi AirDots 3 Pro and the Xiaomi AirDots 3 offer exceptional audio experiences, solid connectivity, and comfortable designs.
However, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro shines with its superior sound quality, active noise cancellation, extended battery life, and advanced Bluetooth version. If you prioritize immersive sound, ANC, and longer battery life, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro is the ideal choice.
On the other hand, the Xiaomi AirDots 3 presents a compelling option for budget-conscious users who still want impressive audio quality and reliable connectivity. While it may not have ANC or the same level of sound performance as the Pro version, it offers a solid listening experience at a more affordable price point.
|Specifications||Xiaomi Redmi AirDots 3||Xiaomi AirDots 3 Pro|
|Comfort||Multiple ear tip sizes||Limited ear tip options|
|Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)||cVc Noise Reduction||Advanced ANC technology|
|Battery Life (Earphones)||Approximately 3-4 hours||Up to 6 hours|
|Battery Life (with Case)||Approximately 20 hours||Up to 28 hours|
|Bluetooth Version||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Connectivity||Type-C||Stable and efficient|
|Controls||Touch controls||Touch controls|
Design and Comfort
The Redmi AirDots 3 Pro and the Xiaomi AirDots 3 share a similar design language, with an in-ear style that provides a secure fit.
However, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro takes a step further in terms of comfort by offering multiple ear tip sizes, ensuring a customized fit for every user.
The AirDots 3, although comfortable, may not provide the same level of personalized fit due to a limited range of ear tip options.
Both models excel in audio quality, but the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro takes the lead with its 9mm drivers, delivering a more immersive sound experience.
The Redmi AirDots 3 Pro offers richer bass and crisper highs, allowing you to truly appreciate the nuances of your favorite music genres.
While the Xiaomi AirDots 3 delivers impressive audio, it falls slightly short in comparison to its Pro counterpart.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
One of the key differences between the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro and the Xiaomi AirDots 3 is the presence of ANC.
The Redmi AirDots 3 Pro boasts advanced ANC technology, which actively reduces background noise, immersing you in your music or calls.
This feature is absent in the Xiaomi AirDots 3, making the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro the preferred choice for those seeking a truly immersive and distraction-free listening experience.
Both models offer decent battery life, but the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro outshines the Xiaomi AirDots 3 in this department.
The Redmi AirDots 3 Pro provides up to 6 hours of playback time on a single charge, with an additional 22 hours from the charging case.
On the other hand, the Xiaomi AirDots 3 offers approximately 3-4 hours of playback time, with an extra 20 hours from the charging case. If extended battery life is a priority for you, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro is the clear winner.
Connectivity and Controls
Both earphone models feature Bluetooth connectivity, allowing seamless pairing with your devices. However, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro stands out with its Bluetooth 5.2 version, providing a more stable and efficient connection.
Additionally, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro offers touch controls for easy navigation of music playback, call management, and voice assistant activation.
The Xiaomi AirDots 3 also features touch controls but may not be as responsive or feature-rich as its Pro counterpart.
Price is often a crucial factor when considering earphone options. The Xiaomi AirDots 3 typically comes at a more budget-friendly price point ($22), making it an excellent choice for those seeking affordability without compromising on audio quality.
On the other hand, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro, with its advanced features such as ANC and improved sound performance, may come at a slightly higher price ($49). Consider your budget and desired feature set when making your decision.
Airdots 3 vs Airdots 2
AirDots 3 are heavier, weighing 51g compared to the 35.5g of AirDots 2.
Xiaomi has doubled the battery capacity for Airdots 3 and the charging increased from 300mAh of the previous version to a whooping 600mAh.
With this upgrade, it is a whopping 7 hours with the earbuds alone and up to 30 hours when used with the charging case! What an upgrade!
Xiaomi Airdots 2 Review
Before we dwell into the review of the Xiaomi Airdots 2. Let’s see what’s the difference between the Airdots 2 and the Airdots 3 and the Airdots 2 SE
|Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2||Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2 SE||Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 3|
|Headphone dimensions||26.65 × 16.4 × 21.6 mm||26.65 × 16.4 × 21.6 mm||40.7 x 16.9 x 18.7 mm|
|Case dimensions||62 × 40 × 27.2 mm||62 × 40 × 27.2 mm||49.6 x 49.6 x 24.4 mm|
|Drivers||7.1 mm Dynamic Drivers||14.2 mm Dynamic Drivers||12 mm Dynamic Drivers|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Water Resistance||IPX4 water-resistant||–||IP54 water resistant|
|Features||Noise Reduction||AAC||cVc Noise Reduction|
|Battery life||12 hours||30 hours||20 hours|
Inside the Box
The Air Dots 2 come in a small white cardboard box. You’ll find the image of the device on the front portion of the box and the technical specs on the back. On unboxing the Airdots, you will find:
- Two Airdots
- A charging box
- A charging Cable
- Various earbud tips for different-sized ears
- And a user manual that helps you understand the functions of the Airdots
Xiaomi Airdots Review – Design
The Airdots are one of the better-looking Bluetooth Earphones out there on the market. If you compare them to the Airpods, the Airdots win hands down. These Airdots are actually quite compact when compared to the Air Pods, it has dimensions of 14 x 23 mm and weigh about 4 grams.
- The Air Dots 2 look gorgeous, quite different in fact from the popular elongated earbuds. These are designed to fit snugly in your ears, thereby providing better comfort and a better acoustic experience. It is also designed to not easily slip out, which is super useful, especially when you’re in the middle of an intense workout.
- The charging case is also aesthetically appealing, it comes with two hollow indentations that house the two earbuds. You can find golden projections which transmit electricity to the earbuds in order to charge them. The indent portion is also magnetic in nature and this helps secure the earbuds in place. This magnetic feature makes it one of the coolest Xiaomi accessories.
- It comes in white and black and its the perfect designer accessory everybody would love to carry. The design itself is a bit unique and is not for everybody.
The Charge case is quite compact and can easily be placed in your pockets without any discomfort. The charging case also has a USB port for the charging cable.
Xiaomi Mi Airdots – Function and Use
Now that we’ve established the design, let’s see how easy or difficult it is to use. First of all, the materials that make up the Airdots are pretty tough. The outside is made of plastic and finished off with a matte on top and rubber on the bottom.
- Considering the form factor this is not ideal for running. This can easily pop out of the ear while running. But in contrast, if you are just at the gym and doing weight exercises, this is super perfect.
- Now I’m personally a headphones guy and I use Bose Headphones. They are pretty comfortable, but every once in a while, I start sweating and I have to remove the headphones even though I want to listen to music.
- The Airdots are a ridiculously different experience, and when I first tested it, I lost one of the earbuds for about 5 minutes and then I realized they were still in my ear. These are super light and you won’t even know if they are on or not.
The buttons are a very important aspect of a wireless earbud, but the truth of the matter is, that they can be a bit of a hit or a miss. The first major problem with these earphones is the lack of any haptic feedback on touching them.
- In design principles, if a user takes an action there should be a physical or visual reaction to the action they’ve taken. So more often than not, you don’t know if you are performing the action that you intend to perform.
- This is made harder by the fact that there are multiple touch functions such as single touch for pausing and playing and double touch for opening the Google Assistant app.
- I mean obviously, one gets earbuds for the sound. But the truth of the matter is, earbuds don’t come close to headphones at recreating the sound experience and especially with the Bass. Considering all these factors, the sound quality of the Xiaomi Airdots is pretty awesome, to be honest.
When it comes to highs and lows, the Airdots do exceptionally well. One aspect that they lack is the Bass. So if you are into rock music or music with a lot of bass in it, then this shouldn’t be your ideal choice of earbuds. In fact, you should stay away from any wireless earbuds.
Xiaomi Airdots Specs – Battery Life
One of the reasons that kept me away from wireless earbuds is the fact that I’ve to charge them. I have enough devices to charge – My watch, my phone, my tablets, my laptop and I don’t want to charge one more device. So how do the Airdots fare in that department?
- Here are the numbers. The earbuds can continuously play for 4 hours on one charge. This is more than what I need on a daily basis. After 1 hour of workouts and 1 more hour of commuting, I’m pretty set.
- Inside the charging case, the Air Dots Pro 2 have a standby time of 12 hours, and the charging case can charge the Air Dots Pro 2 more than 2.5 times. So this means, you can easily listen to music for 14 to 15 hours in one full charge.
UX for some earbuds is pretty poor. You don’t know when the earbuds are charging and when the case is charging. For the Air Dots, it’s pretty simple. There’s one notification light for the earbuds and one for the charging box.
Xiaomi Airdots Performance
After using the Redmi Airdots for almost a year, I can state with complete confidence it’s one of the best True Wireless Earbuds in the market. Especially in the starter earbuds segment. By best I primarily mean that it’s one of the best in terms of performance. While it won’t come close to the AirPods in terms of sound quality, it’s not far off. Most importantly, it can functions for years on end without any issues.
- When it comes to real-time performance these earbuds are quite balanced, to be honest. It has its pros and cons. For example, while the pairing process is easy and the connection itself is quite stable, the connection range is quite dismal. When new it will connect up to 10 meters as advertised. However, once it rakes up the months, it loses its connection when you simply go to the first-floor kitchen or the lawn.
- Although the sound quality and overall audio are average, during calls there are cases where you hear a huge echo-like feedback noise. The clarity is distorted. So, I’d suggested never to take those important calls using these buds.
- The touch controls on the other hand are quite average, there are cases where I’ve found the touch sensitivity to be lacking. Sometimes it just won’t read the gestures. You might run into this a lot if you do extremely quick gestures without allowing the buds some time to capture the motion. Another weird problem, I ran into was the length of my nails. It’s hard for these buds to capture the gesture.
- While the battery life is amazing, it will deteriorate over time. For example, when I just got it, It lasted for around 4 hours on a single charge. Including the case, it lasted 3 days. However, a year later, the buds barely last 3 hours and 2 days with the case.
Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 3 Pro
The costliest and the most premium of the Redmi Airdots lineup is the Redmi Airdots 3 Pro. This model currently retails for $63.99 USD and is readily available on Amazon and other e-commerce sites. For the price, it is worth it, but I would look at its siblings as they offer more value.
Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2
The Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2 is my favorite pick of the lineup. Though a bit old, it still holds up well and costs very little. You can buy the Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2 for under 30 USD on Amazon.
Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2 SE
The Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2 SE are slightly better than the Airdots 2 while costing slightly more. At around 33 USD, they are certainly worth it, the only difference is the shape and size.
Xiaomi Airdots Price and Review – Final Thoughts
For this price point. This is the best earbud on the planet. It puts Apple’s Airpods to shame. In terms of the design, the quality of the finish, the sound quality, and battery life. This product scores top marks in every department.
- Cheap price
- Amazing design
- Simple colors
- Snug fit
- Earphone caps of various sizes
- Brilliant battery life
- No haptic feedback on touch
- It may not fit every ear
- Bass quality is not as good
- Not suitable for running
- Not completely waterproof
Are Redmi AirDots worth it?
Yes, the Redmi Air Dots Pro 2 is well worth it. It’s true you won’t get the same sound quality of the Apple Air Pods, but it does a far decent job than any other earbuds in the same price range.
Say Yes to Xiaomi! I am one of the BIG FAN to Xiaomi Products. I can’t resist the things they created or partner within their ecosystem. So my advice to you is “JUST BUY LAH”!
Xiaomi Airdots 2
Check out our Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2 Review!
Product SKU: XRA02020
Product Brand: Xiaomi
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 19
Price Valid Until: 2021-12-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents