As Xiaomi has its own, wearable gadgets such as the Mi Band, it has decided to create a separate brand only for wearable technology gadgets. This means one can expect to see the latest wearable technology from Huami. Today we gotta talk about Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2. I absolutely adore that Amazfit line of smartwatches. Not only do are they affordable but they also come with top tier feature. Check out our Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2 Price and Review for all the details.
Competitive pricing is a good strategy for Xiaomi as they can focus on competing with competitors like Huawei and Apple from a wearable tech perspective.
Amazfit Bip is extremely similar to the Amzfit Stratos 3 in terms of design. However, it does lack slightly when it comes to features and accuracy. But that’s only when comparing the sports features. It’s is still the best it is price range. Here’s our Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2 Price and Review!
Related : Top Amazfit Smartwatches
Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2 Price and Review
Huami’s latest Amazfit Bip2 was inadvertently listed in the website Geekbuying. We have access to all the specs of this brand new smartwatch from Huami.
The Amazfit Bip was launched in 2018 and it became quite popular due to its simplistic design and amazing battery life.
Inside the Box
The Amazfit Bip 2 comes in a black and red cardboard box like the majority of Xiaomi products. One the front portion of the box you’ll find the image of the watch along with some highlighted features. One the back and sides you’ll find some technical information along with the specs. Of course, this will be in Chinese. Now, inside the box, you will find:
- The Amazfit Bip 2 smartwatch itself
- A proprietary charger
- Watch bands
- And and an instruction manual.
It is recommended that you download the Amazfit/Zepp app from the app store to make the best use of this watch. Check out our Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2 Price and Review for all the details!
The Amazfit Bip 2 is expected to have a 1.2-inch display(127×127 resolution) which is a bit less compared to its predecessor which was at 1.28-inches(176×176 resolution). It still has the same 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Xiaomi has improved the waterproof capabilities of its smartwatch. While the Amazfit Bip was just splashproof, the Amazfit Bip 2 is 5ATM rated which means it can be used 50 metres underwater, adding to the “sporty” capabilities of the smartwatch. This also means it is IP68 water-resistant and more.
- The Bip 2 is also expected to ship in a new colour which is ‘Lime’. The ‘Lime’ strap comes with a Black Watch face and the other version is ‘Green Watch Face’ with a black strap.
- Barring the screen and the screen size, the Amazfit Bip 2 is a huge improvement on the Amazfit. The screen, although is reflective and looks cool, is poor compared to the competitors because of its size and the huge bezels which take away the beauty of the smartwatch.
- As it’s targeted at young people, one can change the watch face and the strap to colours they want. The other minute difference is the power button which was circular in the first generation version, while it is flat for the Bip 2. The charging connector for Bip 2 is also different and better, which means the one used for Bip 1 cannot be used for this.
- In summary, for a lot of people, the screen size is a massive let down and the colour options are quite childish and better toner colours were expected from Xiaomi. Looking at the price point and colour-combos, it’s clear that the audience for this smartwatch is young adults and teenagers.
The first generation had about 8 colours, while the Bip 2 is expected to have 24 colours which make it more colourful and improves the user experience.
The NFC feature is enabled only on Chinese versions of the Bip 2. This is a bit of a let down as a lot of International users rely on NFC to make payments.
- The Bip 2 is also expected to have important features such as Heart Rate Monitor, Gyroscope Compass, GPS sensor which was already included in the first feature.
- The phone also enables you to control your music, with the pause and play connection. This means, your smartwatch will be connected to the phone at all times through Bluetooth.
- The Bip 2 is also boosted with advanced sporting functions such as “Swim Mode”. The battery of this watch is a 200 mAh which is a 10 mAh improvement on its predecessor.
- The smartwatch also comes with a multi-language support which is English, Russian, Spanish and other popular languages.
The battery is quite outstanding, to be honest. You can expect it to last for 30 days on minimal use, which is amazing for a smartwatch at this price. This is primarily because Amafit decided to incorporate better power optimization technology, in addition to using better quality components.
It’s the perfect watch for those with a busy lifestyle. Even charging barely takes about 3 hours.
For people who want to experience a smartwatch without having to break the bank, the Bip2 is an amazing device as it has all the features of a premium smartwatch.
|Water Resistant||IP68 and 5 ATM|
|Colours||Black Watch Face & Lime Strap, Lime Watch Face and Black Strap|
|Battery Life||30 days|
Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2 Price and Review – Final Thoughts
The Amazfit Bip 2 is supposed to be better in every way compared to the first generation. But looking at the specs and other details, this isn’t true. The display size is smaller, the battery life is 30 days for the Amazfit Bip 2, whereas the Bip 1 had a battery life of 45 days.
- It has a 5ATM rating, which makes it better for underwater use and swimming
- The new colours are a great addition
- The charging connector is better and the charging time has been reduced
- Controlling music is a breeze
- The price is reasonable
- The 24 colour display is beautiful to look at and gives a richer experience
- The smaller display size
- The bezels affect the user experience
- The battery life is lesser, although it charges quickly
- NFC capabilities are only for the Chinese version
This is a very good Smart Activity Watch with a few limitations. It should fit most user’s needs. Listed below are a few items which work well and which do not
Heart Rate Sensor – Better:
The heart rate sensor is very good and does a good job doing continuous monitoring.
GPS Tracking – Best :
The GPS tracking is very accurate and connects real fast.
Battery Life- The Best:
Even with continuous heart rate, GPS and notifications turned on, the watch has amazing battery life. It’s only been a week since I started using it and still have 66%
Sleep Monitoring – Average:
The sleep monitoring is not its strong suite. It’s does a good job tracking at night. But any naps or day time sleeps are not recorded. There is no manual option either to record it. Huami released an update for their premium smart watches but nothing yet for Amazfit bip or Bip S
Workout Modes- Good:
I did not try out all the work out modes but cycling/running/ jogging work well and gives you good data
Watch Faces – Better:
It has really good collection of watch faces within the app and also 3rd party watch faces. Considering this is not on Apple or Google eco systems it’s good to know it has such developer base.
The display is good and works well in all lighting conditions. Works best under direct sunlight. Of course it’s not super bright like an AMOLED.
The notifications options are good and works for most users. Calls/texts/WhatsApp/Email/ Calendar work well. Personally I did not want all app notifications on my watch. It can get annoying. But if you are looking for more control on app notifications this watch may not be the right choice
Amazfit App – Good:
The app is good and gives a nice summary of all the key dat- HR/ Steps/ Calories/ Sleep. The drill down and details are also there. However, the app can do a better job being more intuitive with detailed information.
Overall this watch is very good for someone looking for a above average activity tracker with decent smart watch functions. Hard to find another with equal amount of features and functionality in the same price bracket or even more.S.D. from USA
Say Yes to Xiaomi! I am one of the BIG FAN to Xiaomi Products. I can’t resist the things they created or partner within their ecosystem. So my advice to you is “JUST BUY LAH”!
Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2 Price and Review
Here's our Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 2 Price and Review!
Product SKU: XA1992345
Product Brand: Amazfit Bip 2
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $69
Price Valid Until: 2021-05-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents