Xiaomi’s very own Huami, which is famous for its smart amazing range of smart wearable products has made a big splash with their line of Amazfit bands. I’ve personally used these good looking smartwatches and have always been amazed at the features, functions and overall technology incorporated in this device. What’s even more baffling is that these smartwatches are priced at an unbelievably low price. The Amazfit Cor 2 is the successor to the Cor line of smart bands. Although it’s been a few years since it hit the market, it’s still is one of the best when it comes to battery life and overall functionality. Check out our Xiaomi Amazfit Cor 2 Price and Review for all the details.
After having reviewed the Xiaomi Amazfit Cor 2 based on various factors like design, function, feature, performance, and price; My team and I concluded it was one of the best in its price segment. It was further put through a series of tests to determine its limits and capabilities We found that:
The Xiaomi Amazfit Cor 2 is one of the best entry-level smartwatches in the market. Not only does it have an upgraded design and build quality when compared to its predecessor but it also comes with amazing features that will put most entry-level fitness bands to shame. It also has amazing battery life. It can last for 20 days on a single charge. Most importantly, it is extremely affordable at only $30
Xiaomi Amazfit Cor 2 Price and Review
|Display||1.23-inch IPS LCD|
|Battery||160 mAh – 20 days of standby time|
|Sensors||Optical Heart Rate Monitor, 3-axis accelerometer|
|Waterproof||Yes, up to 50 metres|
|Colours||Yellow, Blue, Orange, Grey and Black|
Inside the Box
Like most Amazfit smartwatches, the Amazfit Cor2 comes with a sturdy black carboard box. On the front portion of the box, you can find an image of the watch along with some technical information. On the sides you’ll find some specs and features. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- The Amazfit Cor 2 itself
- A charging cable
- And an instruction manual
The Amazfit Cor 2 is the second generation Amazfit wearable from the house of Huami. The device itself is made of polycarbonate, while the strap is made of silicone. The most unique aspect of this smart wearable is that it’s a cross between a fitness band and a smartwatch. It’s thin, sleek and looks really good. Especially with the rounded-off edges. A lot of the smart bands out there look cheap and cannot be worn with formal wear. This is a cross and will look good with both formal and casual wear.
- The screen is a 1.23-inch IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 80x160p. This is a decent size and good enough to read notifications and so on. The 2.5D glass keeps the screen protected. It has the touch screen feature and the brightness controls are just perfect. It is a touchscreen device with decent sensitivity and is shown to be quite responsive. In fact, the touch-sensitive screen is actually better than the same generation bands such as Mi Band 3.
- The display also happens to be a color display which is extremely sharp and clear. So much so that the animations, transitions and icons seem lively. The user interface and overall experience are actually quite good for an entry-level smart band. The display is also good at utilizing the space to showcase information and notifications. The only issue I have with the smart band is the lack of a transflective display and an always-on function. trying to read the screen under the sunlight is hell.
- The back of the watch, like most smartwatches, has a sensor that reads your pulse and gives you accurate readings of your heart. I love the fact the sensor isn’t as bulky or massive as it’s predecessor and seamlessly fits into the whole build.
- The silicone straps are replaceable. However, unlike modern bands, you’ll need a screwdriver to remove it. The band is comfortable and is resistant to sweat. Hell, with the ATM 5 rating you can go swimming with it. You won’t find it uncomfortable during your workouts. Especially, since the overall build is lighter than it’s predecessor.
The overall build quality and the quality of the materials ensures that the Huami Amazfit Cor 2 doesn’t get in the way of your workouts.
What makes this wearable a multi-use device is the option to receive calls and notifications directly on the watch. This is a very important and nifty feature. You can also control the music directly from the watch. The 5ATM rating means, this is waterproof and can withstand up to 50 metres of water.
- The device uses Bluetooth 4.2 to connect to smartphones. It works well and great with smartphones with Android 4.4 and above and also iOS devices that run on higher than iOS 9.0.
- It works with a 3-axis accelerometer which is perfect for better monitoring of sleep tracking as well as physical activities. The best part about the notifications is, you can actually use it to control the music you are listening to! The Mi-Fit App gives you data on your workouts, walking, heart rate information and more.
- When it comes to long term performance, this smart band has zero issues. As long as it’s cared for in the right manner then it can easily weather the years. I’ve personally used it for the past three years without any problems. The craziest thing is that it has still managed to stay relevant even with tons of new smartwatches popping up. This can be primarily attributed to Huami’s firmware updates.
- However, real-time performance is quite different. It isn’t that it’s bad, It’s just that Huami might have been too focused on the tech and not the practicality. For example, the biggest real-time performance issue is that the ultra-sensitive display. It reacts to not just your fingers but also natural elements like water. The rain droplets once not only turned on the device but it also launched the treadmill mode.
The battery life is always a problem area for smartwatches. Smartwatches are different from your phone, you will be using it a lot more and constantly and as people are used to traditional watches and not having to charge them, the battery becomes a talking point. The Amazfit Cor 2 puts every debate to rest with 20-day battery life. Now, in reality, using the product with all the features, you will get a battery life of 10 to 15 days with moderate use, which is pretty awesome.
- The battery is a 160 mAh and does justice for this price tag. No matter how much you pay, battery life is a talking point. At this price point, the Cor 2, with this battery life is a big winner.
- It comes with a proprietary magnetic 2 pin charger that can charge your smartwatch from 0 to 100% in 1.5 hours without any hassle.
The increase in battery life is primarily due to the brilliant processor that has drastically improved energy management.
Check out our full review on Latest Xiaomi Watches
Xiaomi’s Amazfit has delivered another major hit. The Cor 2 is a slight advancement on the Cor and it has taken Amazfit to the Zenith of the smartwatch market. This is a product with amazing battery life, fantastic pricing, great design that looks good with formal and informal clothes.
It’s made of sturdy polycarbonate, a large enough screen that has made it easy to read notifications. You can read WhatsApp, Facebook notifications while accepting or rejecting calls and you can also control the music with this device. The 20-day battery life makes this product a winner.
The Amazfit Cor 2 for its price point might seem like an expensive device. But keep in mind, Xiaomi sells the Amazfit Bip Lite at almost the same rate with much lesser capabilities. The screen on this device and the battery life are pretty epic and it’s one of the better smart bands out there. So, it’s definitely worth investing in. Yes, even now. Especially if you’re looking for a cheap smart band with decent capabilities.
- Amazing battery life
- Sports features
- Receive notifications, attend calls and control music directly
- Very reasonably priced
- Nothing much to write about
What is Amazfit Cor?
Amazfit Cor is a fitness tracker from Huami that is in partnership with Xiaomi to make wearable devices. Amazfit has released many different wearable smartwatches such as Amazfit GTR, Amazfit Bip, Amazfit Verge among others.
Is Amazfit Cor waterproof?
Yes, the Amazfit Cor is waterproof up to 50 metres. This means you can use it while swimming and a bit of rain will not harm the device. Being a fitness band its imperative that it be a waterproof device.
Amazfit Cor 2 vs Mi Band 4 – A comparison
|Features||Amazfit Cor 2||Mi Band 4|
|Display||1.23-inch IPS LCD||0.95-inch AMOLED|
|OS||Proprietary OS||Proprietary OS|
|Battery||160 mAh||135 mAh|
|Sensors||3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, Capacitive proximity sensor, Optical heart rate sensor||3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, Capacitive proximity sensor, Optical heart rate sensor|
|Waterproof||Yes, 50 metres||Yes, 50 metres|
- Are Smartwatches for Kids a Good Idea?
- The Greatest Xiaomi Products of All Time
- This Gaming Laptop Will Blow Your Mind
Table of Contents