Review of Amazfit Stratos 3
Product Name: Stratos 3
Product Description: The watch are very cool. They look bigger than bip, and have a more sport style than gts. Not very heavy, it is comfortable for night sleep. Did not manage to test the running or cycling mode, but i know that the previous stratos was very good at it. The battery lasts 5 full days, all calls, sms and weather notifications come instantly. Recommend as an alternative to other more expensive brands
Offer price: 219
Offer URL: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_svHMPm
Valid until: November 30, 2021
Sports Watch Features
One of the best Xiaomi smartwatches you must get this 2021.
The latest Fitness tracker from Amazfit has all the makings of a flagship. Check out our Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review for all the details.
One of the biggest arrivals in the smartwatch space has been Amazfit. Amazfit is Xiaomi’s smart wearable tech initiative. Remarkably, In a short span of time, they have grown to become a super-powerful brand. In today’s review, we cover the Amazfit Stratos 3.
Related: Amazfit GTS 3 Price and Review
In this Amazfit Stratos 3 Review, we cover the features and help you decide if this is the product for you or not. First of all, smartwatches don’t come cheap, especially the ones with worthy features. Amazfit has become immensely popular because of its super affordable smartwatches that pack quite a few features.
According to Versus.com, The Amazfit Stratos 3 is one of the most affordable flagship smartwatches in the market. Anyway, Let’s get our review shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review.
Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review
Amazfit Stratos 3 – Inside the Box
The Amazfit Stratos 3 Smartwatch comes in a sturdy white cardboard box housed inside a black sleeve cover. On the front of the cover, you’ll find an image of the watch with the Amazfit logo. You can also find some technical specs on the side of the cover. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- The Amazfit Stratos 3 watch itself
- An additional 22 mm silicone strap
- A proprietary charging dock for the watch
- And the instruction manual.
Amazfit is one of the few companies that develop unique proprietary chargers for all their products. Basically, don’t lose your charger as this watch doesn’t support common smartwatch chargers.
Amazfit Stratos 3 – Specifications
|Amazfit Stratos 3|
|Display||1.34-inch Transﬂective TFT Display|
320 x 320 pixels
Corning Gorilla 3 Protection
|Sensors||BioTracker PPG optical heart rate sensor|
WiFi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n
|Features||App and call notifications|
|Tracking Features||80 sports modes|
Continuous heart rate monitoring
|Water Resistance||5 ATM up to 50 Meters|
|Battery Life||Up to 7 days|
|Charging time||2.5 hours|
|Charging method||USB Magnetic charging stand with POGO pin connector|
|Strap||Silicone 22mm wide strap|
|Supported devices||Android 5 and above|
iOS 10 and above
Amazfit Stratos 3 – The Design
The Amazfit Stratos 3 is quite similar to its predecessor in terms of design. Although it has a similar round dial body, it has a much more robust body with various other additions. It is 48.6 mm in diameter, 13.4 mm thick, and weighs about 59 grams which feels like a breeze on your wrist.
- There is a polished zirconia ceramic circular bezel around the display that is infused with Gorilla Glass 3. This means it can take quite a few hits, but you need more protection to keep your display safe.
- It also has a beautiful design in general with a tough carbon fiber frame that makes it look quite high-end. This carbon fiber-stainless steel hybrid body gives the watch a sturdy and durable property without weighing it down.
- The screen is a 1.34-inches round dial display. Unlike its predecessor’s OLED screen, the Stratos 3 has a Full Moon display. The Full Moon display is equipped with an always-on function and a higher range of colors. It also has improved visibility in different light situations and doesn’t drain the battery. The text, especially, is easy to read because of the contrasting colors and the 320 x 320 p resolution.
- It has four buttons on the right side which are made of stainless steel. These four buttons allow you to execute certain functions without having to touch the screen. This is especially useful if you swimming or Hiking.
- At the base, you can find an optical heart rate sensor and some contact pins for the charger.
- It comes with 22 mm silicone straps that are removable. These bands might not look super great. However, they are actually perfect for a sports watch as it doesn’t absorb any sweat and essentially ruin themselves like leather bands.
Although the Amazfit Stratos 3 has a sporty look, a lot of people might not appreciate it as they might be concerned about the robust nature of the watch. However, I can assure you that the size won’t come in the way of your fitness activities. Not only does it support you with its amazing features it’s so good that it’s considered one of the best Xiaomi Smartwatches of all time.
Amazfit Stratos 3 – Software
When it comes to smartwatches, The user interface and overall user experience are super important. After all, it should support the user by making everything as easy as possible. However, a lot has to be packed in a little display and this can get tricky. The Amazfit Stratos 3’s interface is simple, but it takes some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it, it’s awesome to use this device.
- The Amazfit Stratos 3 runs on the Amazfit OS. This OS is a skin that is based on Android. So, the interface will be extremely similar to Android smartphones.
- There is an exercise mode that makes the watch a tracker focused on tracking your workouts. The interface during exercise mode is different.
- You can access the quick settings menu by scrolling from top to bottom on the main screen. This quick menu will let you control functions like power-saving mode, flight mode, brightness levels, and access system settings. You can also see the battery level bar, date, and time.
- By swiping from left to right you can access the notifications. Here you can check your phone notifications like messages and social media posts.
- You can access the main menu by swiping from right to left of the main screen. This will allow you to access icons such as heart rate, sports modes, status, activity app, weather, alarm, GPS, timer, Music, sleep tracker, and various other apps.
- If you want to customize your watch face, you just need to press and hold the main screen.
You don’t need a Xiaomi phone to use this smartwatch, you can use it with iOS and other Android devices.
Amazfit Stratos 3 – The Sports Watch Capabilities
This Amazfit smartwatch offers a fantastic workout experience. This third-generation beast is definitely on par with even the best smartwatches on the market. It is equipped with a powerful Sony GNSS chip, 512MB RAM, and 4GB of internal memory.
- With such specs, it is capable of handling regular smartwatch applications as well as fitness-oriented programs. These fitness-oriented applications work in tandem with the heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and barometer to deliver a highly accurate fitness/workout experience.
- For example, it is equipped with a Highly refined and accurate BioTracker. This PPG optical heart rate sensor is realistic and can gather real-time data both in quiet mode and during activities.
The Amazfit Stratos 3 offers a wide range of sports functions with 19 highly useful sports modes that are used in all types of environments.
- First of all, there are numerous modes such as “running”, “cycling”, “elliptical” and more. Depending on your exercise of choice, there is a mode for that. This includes popular sports such as Tennis and adventure sports such as Skiing.
- This is perfect for runners who want to keep track of their progress. This has a lap recording tool that tracks each of your laps.
- Obviously, this smartwatch can be used underwater because of its 5ATM rating. So, swimmers and divers can go for it as long as they want.
- The heart rate monitoring tool is also available in this watch, it goes without saying. Some other interesting feature that might get coaches excited is the VO2 Max feature which tells you how much oxygen you’ve consumed.
The lesser oxygen you consume, the fitter you are. This is more than a fitness tracker, this is an athlete’s tool.
- In fact, the latest Stratos 3 will feature a FIRSTBEAT Technology that is used to train athletes. Using FIRSTBEAT algorithms, user’s can not only improve results but also prevent injuries.
- To get the most out of this fitness tracker, you should ideally synchronize it with Amazfit’s companion app. With the app, you can set push notifications and even access detailed reports of your workouts, sleep, and much more.
Amazfit Stratos 3 – Battery
The Amazfit Stratos 3 is equipped with a 300 mAh Li-Ion Battery which is the current standard with respect to all good smartwatches. You also get a proprietary magnetic charger that easily snaps onto the base of the watch. This charger has fast charge capabilities that ensure a full charge within 2 hours.
- The battery life on the Stratos 3 is about 7 days on the default mode, which is more than sufficient for a smartwatch. This takes out the irritation of charging it every day.
- The default mode provides full functionality including access to all the sports apps. Any smartWatch that can last seven days on a single charge is absolutely brilliant. While there are Fitness trackers like the Mi Band 5 That offer a much higher battery life Let’s not forget that this is a smartwatch that can run heavy applications.
- It is especially useful for an older person who wants to track their heart rate at all times, it can be extremely convenient as you don’t have to charge it every day.
- However, one of the best features that the Amazfit Stratos 3 offers is the Ultra Mode. Thus Ultra Mode will allow you to use the smartwatch for up to 14 days of uninterrupted use. The only drawback is that it will strip certain functions to make sure there’s that extra juice. So, in case of an emergency, you can still use the watch.
Amazfit Stratos 3 – Performance
When it comes to performance, the Amazfit Stratos 3 is still one of the best smartwatches in its price segment. Although it’s been a year since this smartwatch hit the market, it doesn’t lose out to even the latest smartwatches when it comes to its real-time and long-term performance. For example, the watch itself can store about 2GB worth of files and it functions without any stutters or lags even when it’s filled to the brim.
One of the coolest things about this smartwatch is that you can store movies, music and hook it up to any device on the go. While the device itself can’t play these files, it can connect to a smart TV or a phone through Bluetooth and play the media. You can even hook it up to TWS earbuds and listen to your favorite tracks. This is extremely useful when working out. You never have to carry your phone with you just for the tracks.
When this beast is on the smart mode you can expect it to last for three days. So, it’s extremely useful if you’re on your final 15%. Even the real-time functions, transitions, and execution of tasks is fluid. The only issue is that the watch actually does deteriorate over the years. It has deteriorated by at least 10% in the last 1.5 years.
Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review – Final Thoughts
The Amazfit Stratos might look like just another smartwatch out there in the world. But this is eons ahead of the competition. If you look at a normal smartwatch, then it’s priced the same as a Stratos. But a normal smartwatch does not have sport tracking capabilities, a heart rate monitor, a notification checker, and so on.
When you come to a sports smartwatch, you get all the facilities of the Stratos such as sports mode, long battery life, specific lap tracking, 5ATM, and so on. But the difference? It costs twice the price of the Stratos. This makes the Amazfit Stratos the most amazing smartwatch out there that is worth every single penny you pay for it.
- One of the best features of smartwatches you will ever find
- Fantastic design and look. Looks great for formal and casual wear
- Amazing price for the feature set. At least 50% lesser than the competition
- The UX can be improved, especially with the software, which is expected to be better over time.
Is the Amazfit watch waterproof?
Yes, the Amazfit watch is waterproof. This means you can use it underwater while swimming and it has capabilities of handling up to 5 Atmospheric Pressure. So, you can also wear it while diving underwater. It’s definitely one of the best smartwatches. Check out our Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review for more details.
What is Amazfit?
Amazfit is a sub-brand of Xiaomi that comes under “Huami”, which is the wearable brand division of Xiaomi. Amazfit specifically makes smartwatches as of now and makes some of the best and most affordable smartwatches in the world.
How do I pair my Amazfit watch?
Pairing is easy. You need to switch on your Bluetooth on your phone and watch and open the Mi-Fit App and choose pair devices to pair your Amazfit watch!
Say Yes to Xiaomi! I am one of the BIG FAN to Xiaomi Products. I can’t resist the things they created or partner within their ecosystem. So my advice to you is “JUST BUY LAH”!
Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3
Check out our Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review.
Product SKU: FUH346953
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 144
Price Valid Until: 2022-08-12
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents