Review of Amazfit Stratos 3
Product Name: Stratos 3
Product Description: The watch are very cool. They look bigger than bip, and have a more sport style than gts. Not very heavy, it is comfortable for night sleep. Did not manage to test the running or cycling mode, but i know that the previous stratos was very good at it. The battery lasts 5 full days, all calls, sms and weather notifications come instantly. Recommend as an alternative to other more expensive brands
Offer price: 219
Offer URL: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_svHMPm
Valid until: November 30, 2020
Sports Watch Features
One of the best Xiaomi smartwatches you must get this 2020.
One of the biggest arrivals in the smartwatch space has been Amazfit. Amazfit is Xiaomi’s smart wearable tech initiative. Remarkably, In a short span of time, they have grown to become a super-powerful brand. In today’s review, we cover the Amazfit Stratos 3. The latest Fitness tracker from Amazfit that has all the makings of a flagship. Check out our Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review 2020 for all the details.
In this Amazfit Stratos 3 Review, we cover the features and help you decide if this is the product for you or not. First of all, smartwatches don’t come cheap, especially the ones with worthy features. Amazfit has become immensely popular because of its super affordable smartwatches that pack quite a few features. According to Versus.com, The Amazfit Stratos 3 one of the most affordable flagship smartwatches in the market.
Although the first edition of the Amazfit Stratos 3 was launched in September of 2019 in China, the global version didn’t the market until later that year. Since then it’s been one of the most popular smartwatches of 2020. Anyway, Let’s get to the review shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review 2020.
- Amazfit Stratos Review
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos
Amazfit Stratos Review
Inside the Box
The Amazfit Stratos 3 Smartwatch comes in a sturdy white cardboard box housed inside a black sleeve cover. On the front of the cover, you’ll find an image of the watch with the Amazfit logo. You can also find some technical specs on the side of the cover. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- The Amazfit Stratos 3 watch itself
- An additional 22 mm silicone strap
- A proprietary charging dock for the watch
- And the instruction manual.
Amazfit is one of the few companies that develop unique proprietary chargers for all their products. Basically, don’t lose your charger as this watch doesn’t support common smartwatch chargers.
Amazfit Stratos 3 – The Design
The Amazfit Stratos 3 is quite similar to its predecessor in terms of design. Although it has a similar round dial body, it has a much more robust body with various other additions. It is 48.6 mm in diameter, 13.4 mm thick and weighs about 59 grams which feels like a breeze on your wrist
- There is a polished zirconia ceramic circular bezel around the display that is infused with Gorilla Glass 3. This means it can take quite a few hits, but you need more protection to keep your display safe.
- It also has a beautiful design in general with a tough carbon fibre frame that makes it look quite high-end. This carbon fibre- stainless steel hybrid body gives the watch a sturdy and durable property without weighing it down.
- The screen is 1.34-inches round dial display. Unlike its predecessor’s OLED screen, the Stratos 3 has a Full Moon display. The Full Moon display is equipped with an always-on function and a higher range of colors. It also has improved visibility in different light situations and doesn’t drain the battery. The text, especially, is easy to read because of the contrasting colours and the 320 x 320 p resolution.
- It has four buttons on the right side which is made of stainless steel. These four buttons allow you to execute certain functions without having to touch the screen. This is especially useful if your swimming or Hiking.
- At the base, you can find an optical heart rate sensor and some contact pins for the charger.
- It comes with 22 mm silicone straps that are removable. These bands might not look super great. However, they are actually perfect for a sports watch as it doesn’t absorb any sweat and essential ruin itself like leather bands.
Although the Amazfit Stratos 3 has a sporty look, a lot of people might not appreciate it as they might be concerned about the robust nature of the watch. However, I can assure you that the size won’t come in the way of your fitness activities. Not only does it support you with its amazing features it’s so good that it’s considered as one of the best Xiaomi Smartwatches of all time.
When it comes to smartwatches, The user interface and overall user experience are super important. After all, it should support the user by making everything as easy as possible. However, a lot has to be packed in a little display and this can get tricky. The Amazfit Stratos 3’s interface is simple, but it takes some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it, it’s awesome to use this device.
- The Amazfit Stratos 3 runs on the Amazfit OS. This OS is a skin that is based on Android. So, the interface will be extremely similar to Android smartphones.
- There is an exercise mode that makes the watch a tracker focused on tracking your workouts. The interface during exercise mode is different.
- You can access the quick settings menu by scrolling from top to bottom from the main screen. This quick menu will let you control functions like power-saving mode, flight mode, brightness levels and access system settings. You can also see the battery level bar, date and time.
- By swiping from left to right you can access the notifications. Here you can check your phone notifications like messages and social media posts.
- You can access the main menu by swiping from right to left of the main screen. This will allow you to access icons such as heart rate, sports modes, status, activity app, weather, alarm, GPS, timer, Music, sleep tracker and various other apps.
- If you want to customize your watch face, you just need to press and hold the main screen.
You don’t need a Xiaomi phone to use this smartwatch, you can use it with iOS and other Android devices.
The Sports Watch Capabilities
This Amazfit smartwatch offers a fantastic workout experience. This thrid generation beast is definitely on par with even the best smartwatches in the market. It is equipped with a powerful Sony GNSS chip, 512MB RAM, and 4GB of internal memory.
- With such specs, it is capable of handling regular smartwatch applications as well as fitness-oriented programs. These fitness-oriented applications work in tandem with trackers like heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and barometer to deliver a highly accurate fitness/workout experience.
- For example, it is equipped with a Highly refined and accurate BioTracker. This PPG optical heart rate sensor is realistic and can gather real time data both in quiet mode and during activities.
The Amazfit Stratos 3 offers a wide range of sports functions with 19 highly useful sports modes that is used to all types of environments.
- First of all, there are numerous modes such as “running”, “cycling”, “elliptical” and more. Depending on your exercise of choice, there is a mode for that. This includes popular sports such as Tennis and adventure sports such as Skiing.
- This is perfect for runners who want to keep track of their progress. This has the lap recording tool that tracks each of your laps.
- Obviously, this smartwatch can be used underwater because of its 5ATM rating. So, swimmers and divers can go for it as long as they want.
- The heart rate monitoring tool is also available in this watch, it goes without saying. Some other interesting features that might get coaches excited is the VO2 Max feature that tells you how much oxygen you’ve consumed.
The lesser oxygen you consume, the fitter you are. This is more than a fitness tracker, this is an athlete’s tool.
- In fact, the latest Stratos 3 will feature a FIRSTBEAT Technology that is used to train athletes. Using FIRSTBEAT algorithms, user’s can not only improve results but also prevent injuries.
- To get the most out of this fitness tracker, you should ideally synchronize it with Amazfit’s companion app. With the app you can set push notifications and even access detailed reports of your workouts, sleep and much more.
The Amazfit Stratos 3 is equipped with a 300 mAh Li-Ion Battery which is current standard with respect to all good smartwatches. You also get a proprietary magnetic charger that easily snaps on to the base of the watch. This charger has fast charge capabilities that ensure a full charge within 2 hours.
- The battery life on the Stratos 3 is about 7 days on the default mode, which is more than sufficient for a smartwatch. This takes out the irritation of charging it every day.
- The default mode provides full functionality including access of all the sports apps. Any smartWatch that can last seven days on a single charge is absolutely brilliant. While there are Fitness trackers like the Mi Band 5 That offer a much higher battery life Let’s not forget that this is a smartwatch that can run heavy applications.
- It is especially useful for an older person who wants to track their heart rate at all times, it can be extremely convenient as you don’t have to charge it every day.
- However, one of the best features that the Amazfit Stratos 3 offers is the Ultra Mode. Thus Ultra Mode will allow you to use the smartwatch for up to 14 days of uninterrupted use. The only drawback is that it will strip certain functions to make sure there’s that extra juice. So, in case of an emergency, you can still use the watch.
Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review 2020 – Final Thoughts
The Amazfit Stratos might look like just another smartwatch out there in the world. But this is aeons ahead of the competition. If you look at a normal smartwatch, then it’s priced the same as a Stratos. But a normal smartwatch does not have the sport tracking capabilities, a heart rate monitor, a notification checker and so on.
- When you come to a sports smartwatch, you get all the facilities of the Stratos such as sports mode, long battery life, specific lap tracking, 5ATM and so on. But the difference? It costs twice the price of the Stratos. This makes the Amazfit Stratos the most amazing smartwatch out there that is worth every single penny you pay for it.
- One of the best feature smartwatches you will ever find
- Fantastic design and look. Looks great for formal and casual wear
- Amazing price for the feature set. At least 50% lesser than the competition
- The UX can be improved, especially with the software, which is expected to be better over time.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos
Is the Amazfit watch waterproof?
Yes, the Amazfit watch is waterproof. This means you can use it underwater while swimming and it has capabilities of handling up to 5 Atmospheric Pressure. So, you can also wear it while diving underwater. It’s definitely one of the best smartwatches of 2020. Check out our Xiaomi Amazfit Stratos 3 Price and Review 2020 for more details.
What is Amazfit?
Amazfit is a sub-brand of Xiaomi that comes under “Huami”, which is the wearable brand division of Xiaomi. Amazfit specifically makes smartwatches as of now and make some of the best and most affordable smartwatches in the world.
How do I pair my Amazfit watch?
Pairing is easy. You need to switch on your Bluetooth on your phone and watch and open the Mi-Fit App and choose pair devices to pair your Amazfit watch!