Best Xiaomi Store
Store Name: Xiaomi Store
Store Description: To get the most authentic products from the most authentic store on Aliexpress. You need to visit the Xiaomi store. You get every Xiaomi product under the sun!
Price range: $10 - $1000
Does the warranty work?
Is the warranty period good?
Does the warranty cover a wide range of products?
Find out the Xiaomi warranty in your country!
User Review( votes)
Xiaomi products have been taking the world by storm as of late. They have a huge portfolio of products and they ship all across the world. But considering they are electronic products, they can stop working and cause issues in the future. I’ve been using Xiaomi products for almost a decade and have run into my fair share of problems. From technical glitches to downright defects. And the one thing that’s always come in handy is the warranty. Check out our guide on Xiaomi International Warranty for all the details.
Xiaomi’s warranty policy is quite complicated. Xiaomi has made its warranty policy quite localized. So, if you live in Singapore and purchase your product locally, then it’s easy for you to avail the warranty during the stipulated time. However, in case you’ve purchased your Xiaomi product from a different country like China and want to go to a local Mi service center, then you might run into a roadblock.
So, Is there a Xiaomi International Warranty? Can people be protected by these warranties even if they purchase the product from some other country? Let’s find out!
- Xiaomi Warranty
- Xiaomi United States Warranty is covered in the following products – United States Users
- Xiaomi United Kingdom Warranty
- Mi Warranty for other countries
- How does Xiaomi Warranty Work?
- Xiaomi Warranty Check
- Frequently asked questions about Xiaomi Warranty
- Xiaomi International Warranty
The good news is, Xiaomi does have a warranty for its products. But it does not have an International Warranty. This means if you have purchased a product from a country that is different from your own, then your warranty will not be covered in your country.
Xiaomi has a presence and official warranty in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Timor Leste
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Costa Rica
- United States
- New Zealand
Xiaomi United States Warranty is covered in the following products – United States Users
|Product||Warranty Time||Return Policy|
|Mi Power Bank||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Headphones||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi In-ear Headphones||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Bluetooth Speaker||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Spehere Camera||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Robot Builder||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Electric Scooter||12 Months||30 days|
|Yeelight LED Lightbulb||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Bedside Lamp||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi LED Desk Lamp||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Home Security Camera||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Bluetooth Headset Basic with Dock||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Action Camera 4k||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Mini||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Laser Projector 150||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Smart Plug||12 Months||30 days|
|Mi Smart S||12 Months||30 days|
Xiaomi United Kingdom Warranty
|Product||Warranty Time||Warranty for|
|Mi Power Bank||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Smart Scale||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Body Fat Scale||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Bluetooth Speaker||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Xiaomi Band||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Amazfit Pace||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Amazfit Bip||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Car USB Charger||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Router||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Headphone||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Bluetooth Earphones||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Pocket Speaker||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Backpack||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Selfie Stick||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Box||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Smart Kettle||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Electric Kettle||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Bedside Lamp||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi LED Desk Lamp||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Motion Activated Night Light||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Portable Mouse||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Wireless Mouse||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Scooter||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Camera||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Robot Vacuum||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Rollerball Pen||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Electric Toothbrush||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Robot Builder||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Mi Power Strip||2 years||Labour and Parts|
|Laptop||2 years||Labour and Parts|
Mi Warranty for other countries
The following countries have their own warranty parameters that is mentioned explicitly in the Mi Website. Here are the countries with exhaustive warranty information.
- Xiaomi Indonesia Warranty
- Xiaomi India Warranty
- Xiaomi Malaysia Warranty
- Xiaomi Philippines Warranty
- Xiaomi Singapore Warranty
- Xiaomi Turkey Warranty
- Xiaomi Germany Warranty
- Xiaomi Italy
For other countries, the Warranty information for your Xiaomi products is with your seller. You will need to contact your seller for this information.
How does Xiaomi Warranty Work?
To avail, Xiaomi’s warranty a Warranty Service Order has to be requested from the company within the warranty period. In order to get this Warranty Service Order, you should contact the Service team at email@example.com. Keep in mind this email id is only for US citizens, refer to the above list for the Xiaomi service team email ids of your country.
- Once, this is done, Xiaomi will email you details of the closest service center. You should go to this location with the product in question with its original packaging or with a container that provides an equal degree of protection.
- According to Xiaomi’s policy, you will have to provide a proof of purchase, which is the bill. You must also make sure to have registered the product in order to comply with the registration requirements. This is a huge step that I’ve personally missed and Xiaomi wiped their hands clean of. So, make sure to do these two things the moment you get your Xiaomi device.
- As a rule of thumb always remember to back up the data on your Xiaomi device before bringing your product to the service center, as it is likely to be formatted.
So, What services will Xiaomi provide if a product is taken to their service center?
If Your Xiaomi device has a hardware issue, then Xiaomi will either repair the product at no charge or replace the damaged components of the device. In case it’s an extreme damage/defect they will even replace the device itself. In case, it’s a software issue, they will reformat it after re-installing a new OS.
- It’s important to note that in case your shipping it to a service center, then you will have to bear all transport costs and the warranty is only limited to the jurisdiction where the device is sold. So, you won’t be able to avail warranty in a different jurisdiction, which in this case is a different country. As you can infer from their policy, they don’t have international warranty.
- Another important point is that the new replacement device will be subject to the same warranty period. Basically, it’ll pick up the remainder of the original devices warranty period.
- Of course, user inflicted damage will not be covered by warranty. So, don’t crack your screen in a fit of rage and expect it to be covered under the warranty.
Xiaomi Warranty Check
If you want to check the warranty of your Xiaomi devices, it’s quite simple.
- You need access to your IMEI number
- You need to enter the details of your IMEI on a site like IMEI24
- You’ll get the details of how long warranty is left
Frequently asked questions about Xiaomi Warranty
Is screen damage covered under warranty mi?
Screen damages are not covered in the warranties by Xiaomi. This includes damages from phone drop, or spills, water seepage and other things. The cost of a screen replacement will be borne by the user. Check out our guide on Xiaomi International Warranty for all the details.
Does unlocking bootloader void warranty Xiaomi?
If you tamper with the phone outside their user specifications, then the warranty is voided. So even if you unlock the bootloader, your warranty will cease to exist.
Do Mi earphones have a warranty?
In the United States, earphones have a warranty of 12 months and in India, there is a warranty of 6 months. In the United Kingdom, there is a warranty period of two years.
Does screen damage come under warranty?
Screen damage does not come under the warranty and if your screen needs to be replaced, it will have to be out of your own pocket.
How do I return my MI product?
There are rules and stipulations regarding the return of a product and it varies from country to country.
Are Xiaomi Phones Long Lasting?
The first Xiaomi phone I purchased was the Mi4i and that was a bunch of garbage. It barely lasted a year before the OS started causing problems and the phone started becoming slow. But now, things have changed. Xiaomi’s Redmi lineup is one of the best budget phones in the market and they last really long. I still know a few people who still use a Redmi Note 4 and are super happy with it. Ultimately it depends on how you use it and these phones are long lasting without a problem.
Are Xiaomi Phones Reliable?
A lot of you might be worried that Xiaomi phones might have problems with the battery and if it can burst or if some cheap China manufacturer is making them. Xiaomi has tried very hard to get away from the China tag and it’s safe to say that Xiaomi products fit all International standards of quality and control. Check out our guide on Xiaomi International Warranty for all the details.
Xiaomi International Warranty
As you can see, Xiaomi’s Warranty Information is quite complicated and it varies from country to country. But generally speaking, if your products were purchased online, then obviously your warranty is covered for your products.
If your product was purchased online, from Mi.com, then your warranty is valid. The country with the best warranty from Xiaomi is United Kingdom. So users from this country should get Xiaomi products.
Also Read :
- Check out the Latest and Greatest Xiaomi Phones
- These Authorized Xiaomi Stores in Singapore will Blow Your Mind
Table of Contents