Mi 10 Pro- The Flagship Killer
Store Name: The Xiaomi Store
Store Description: The most popular Xiaomi store on Aliexpress.
Price range: $700 - $900
Xiaomi’s back at it again with an amazing beast of a smartphone: The Mi 10 pro. Xiaomi recently launched the Mi 10 Pro on February 13 of 2020 at a China-only event to mark their 10th year anniversary. This amazing premium model offers really high-end specs making it better than most of the popular smartphones such as the Galaxy S20 and iPhone 11. Here’s the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Price and Review.
This flagship model is packed with a ton of unbelievable features such as 108Mp cameras, Snapdragon 865, an AMOLED display with a high refresh rate of 90Hz and charging speeds that will blow your mind.
As for the availability of the smartphone, the Mi 10 Pro release date is slated to be March 27 2020 (Global Release date) while it is already available in China.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Specs
Although Xiaomi released two versions: the Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, This review will we are going to take a look at the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro only which is the high-end one between the two.
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro|
|Processor (CPU):||Snapdragon 865|
|RAM:||Up to 12GB|
|Storage||Up to 512GB|
|Battery:||4500 mAh | 50 Watts Wired QC|
|Charging:||65W ChargerAlso supports wireless Qi Charging (30W)|
|Operating System:||Android 10|
|Network:||GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G|
In terms of the physical design of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, a lot of features have been changed.
- For its size, it is a 162 x 75 x 9 mm size smartphone with a weight of around 208 grams. Screen size is also huge which measures around 6.67”.
- The screen is also AMOLED, durable corning gorilla glass 5, has a refresh rate of around 90Hz and a great resolution of 2340 x 1080 (19.5:9 Ratio) or in other words, FHD+.
- Another fact about the screen is that it is slightly curved on both sides of the phone, making it a more seamless and streamlined phone.
- A small hole on the top of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro’s screen that contains the selfie camera (more on that later on).
Xiaomi, unfortunately, removed the headphone jack of the Mi 10 Pro favor of a USB Type C. This is its one and only port. The port is, of course, serves as a multi-purpose from phone charging, to headphone port and data transfer.
While many phone manufacturers are starting to go onto the direction of removing the headphone jack, Personally, I still find it more useful to have one of those in hand.
The USB Type C port can be found at the bottom of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro alongside the sim card slot and an audio speaker.
Speaking of audio, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro offers you an excellent dual audio speaker system that can be found both at the top and bottom of the smartphone. It gives you great dual audio speaker quality.
Aside from that, there is no micro sd card slot which means no expansion, therefore, you will only rely on the internal storage which is ok but it could have been better as some smartphones do offer this at this price range.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro comes in either Pearl White or Starry Blue.
Overall: Physical Design
- The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro’s exterior design is absolutely beautiful albeit, with minor changes that may not sit well with some. For example, the lack of a headphone jack.
- However, it does make up for this issue with the excellent FHD+ display that is almost bezel-less due to the curved sides.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro has some impressive internal features that you can find.
- Xiaomi has improved the processor with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, making this the first smartphone to have this level of a CPU.
- This Octa-Core CPU processor is incredibly fast and responsive which makes the overall usability of the phone great.
- It works great when multitasking, gaming and picture processing without any loss in quality and speed.
The Xiaomi Mi Pro is also equipped with an Adreno 650 GPU which is a big plus as this smartphone can handle high-end gaming.
OS: Android 10
The Operating System of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is equipped with the latest Android OS: the Android 10. For RAM, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro can come configured in either 8GB or 12GB and for storage, it can go from 256GB or 512GB. Surprisingly enough, there’s no indicated configuration of a 1TB option but some brands do offer this.
Battery and Charging
- The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is capable of 60W fast charging via the single USB-Type C Port and Qi wireless charging of up to 30W.
- The phone can also charge any other devices through reverse wireless charging.
- Battery life is OK but I find that the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 is still better in this category.
Overall: Internal Features
Xiaomi’s Mi 10 Pro does pack in excellent internal features.
- The processor is such a beast that there is no loss in quality or speed, regardless of how much you test your gaming limits. Especially, with the Adreno 650 GPU supporting you.
- Network and connectivity is obviously an important factor. So no need to fret on that as the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro has the latest 5G network capabilities.
- Unlike some phones that have moved on to facial recognition, the Mi 10 Pro still maintains the fingerprint scanner which can be accessed directly through the screen.
Over the past few years, most high-end smartphones have drastically improved their photo and video capabilities to the point that it can compete with point-&-shoot cameras. Smartphones like the S20 & iPhone 11 have either a triple or quad-camera system with excellent specifications.
Of course, Xiaomi followed suit with the Mi 10 Pro.
- The front-facing (selfie ) camera is a single camera system with a 20MP ⅓” image sensor.
- With its wide-angle lens and an aperture of f/2.0, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro’s selfie camera can record up to 1080p at 30fps and slow-motion with 720p at up to 120fps. So, this comes as a gift to selfie vloggers.
- The Selfie camera’s are fortunately dimmed by the brilliance of the main camera.
Xiaomi went above and beyond with this one or rather four. There are 4 cameras installed on the back of the phone which serve as the main camera, making it a quad-system phone.
- The first camera has a massive 108MP 1/1.33” image sensor with a wide-angle lens that has an aperture of f/1.7. That’s a big step up on Xiaomi’s game in terms of camera specs.
- On the other hand, the second camera has a 12MP 1/2.55” Portrait Lens with an aperture of f/2.0 (also has 2x Optical Zoom). The portrait lens is of course ideal when taking portraits.
- The other two lenses that the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is an 8MP telephoto camera with an aperture of f/2.0 (also has 10x Hybrid Optical Zoom) and a 20MP ultra-wide lens with an aperture of f/2.2. Yes, a telephoto camera on your phone, now imagine that.
Overall: Camera Features
The first three cameras excluding the Wide-angle have PDAF, Laser AF and OIS.
- This allows you to focus quickly without missing shots and the OIS stabilizes your shots and reduces blurred images.
- The Mi 10 Pro ‘s video features are also absolutely amazing.
- For starters, the quad-camera system can record at 8K at 30fps (you heard it right, 8K), 4K up to 60fps and 1080p up to 960fps for slow-motion. All are stabilized well with a Gyro-EIS.
- Overall, the camera features of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro are great as they are reliable and gives out high-quality photos especially with the 108MP camera. The video specs are also great, having that 8K capabilities really pushes the smartphone to its full capabilities.
Mi 10 Pro – Final Thoughts
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is an excellent high-end smartphone released by Xiaomi. The specs are amazing and they do live up to it. The Snapdragon 865 processor greatly improves the overall usability of the phone and it is able to handle many demanding tasks like gaming and photo & video capture.
The only minor downside is the lack of headphone jack and the 1TB storage option which some smartphones may have at this price range.
In terms of ease of use, the Xiaomi is overall great, charging is a breeze when using the wireless Qi charging, the screen is an excellent display and the Android 10’s features makes it better.
Now, who’s the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro for? The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is a great choice for people who want the top of the line smartphone that Xiaomi offers. The camera specs are excellent making this an ideal phone for photographers and videographers alike. But if you need more storage and better battery life, then this may not be for you. Otherwise, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro once again, a great choice.
- The excellent Quad camera system.
- The image and video stabilizer
- Supports 4k and 8k recording
- The Processing speed of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 can run demanding applications and games
- The Graphics
- FHD+ AMOLED Screen and high refresh rate
- The lack of a headphone jack
- The battery of the Mi 10 Pro is a 4500 mAh compared to the 4780 mAh of Mi 10
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro release Date
The Mi 10 Pro and all its variants are already available in China. The expected global release date is March 27.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Price:
Xiaomi’s Mi 10 Pro is priced at around US $1,098.90 – 1,135.19