Xiaomi has conquered the consumer market so much that we forget that they are one of the better electronics companies out there. Xiaomi for a long time has ignored the speaker market and have let other competitors creep in. But not anymore. Xiaomi speakers are absolutely brilliant both in terms of sound quality and functionality. Check out the Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Price and Review for all the details.
The Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker is the latest release from Xiaomi and it promises quite a bit. It’s affordable, powerful, portable and more. Since it’s an outdoor speaker, it’s designed and optimized to perform amazingly in an outdoor setting. And it can easily handle the majority of environmental conditions. This latest gadget from Xiaomi is equipped with such amazing functionality that makes it a must-have product.
Anyway let’s find out if this speaker is worth the buy, shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Price and Review.
- Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside The Box
- Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Specifications
- Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker – Design and Appearance
- Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker – Feature and Use
- Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Sound
- Mi Outdoor Speaker – Waterproof or Not?
- Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Price and Review – Final Thoughts
- Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker Price
Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker
Inside The Box
The Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker comes in a white rectangular-shaped cardboard packaging. You can find the image of the device in the front of the box and the technical specifications of the sides.
Inside the box, you will find:
- An instruction manual both in Chinese and English
- A USB type-c charging cable
- And of course, the Xiaomi Speaker itself.
Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Specifications
|Playback on a single charge||8 hours|
|Charging type||USB-C type|
Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker – Design and Appearance
The best part about this Xiaomi Bluetooth speaker is the design. It has a cylindrical design with Omni speakers, which means you get the same sound all around the room. It’s extremely similar to Xiaomi’s Pocket Speaker’s.
- The Speaker is about 15cm x 7cm in size making it quite compact and easy to carry around. It also weighs about 380 grams. So, you can be assured that the weight won’t get in the way of your outdoor activities.
- This Speaker is completely black with a premium finish. Interestingly, there’s no Mi logo on the exterior of the speaker. It doesn’t feel uncomfortable as it’s designed to be held for long durations. Additionally, it also comes with a bright orange carrying cord, which allows you to hang or carry the speaker.
- The top portion of the Mi speaker, which is around 1.5 centimetres of the body is made of ABS plastic. This 1.5 centimetres of space is where the magic happens. The rest of the speaker is covered with a textile fabric which helps with the grip.
At the base of the speaker, you will find a rubber non-slip foot which can provide stability even on uneven rocky terrain. The on/off switch and the manufacturer logo can be found underneath the device.
Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker – Feature and Use
In terms of the feature and use it’s a pretty standard Bluetooth speaker. It works great. However, the techincal specs could have been a bit better.
- The Xiaomi Mi Outdoor speaker is equipped with a 52 mm speaker which can blast music with just 5 watts. In addition to this, it does have 2 passive radiators that give the sound more depth. Not only does this create that extra oomph but it also provides a 360-degree sound which is something that becomes crucial in an outdoor setting.
- This speaker comes with a 2600 mAh battery which will basically deliver around 8 hours of continuous music.
- The Bluetooth 5.0 ensures super-fast connectivity without any lags. the Bluetooth has a range of about 10 metres. Anything beyond that and you can’t connect to your device.
- If you want more reach and depth in terms of sound, this is the speaker to go for. The Omni speakers will ensure that you don’t need big external speakers that are expensive.
The bottom of the speaker has the power on and off button. It’s easy to turn it on and off. There is a USB-C type connector for charging at the bottom that can be closed with a clasp that is meant from water going through. The most interesting feature, however, is the volume control. To control the volume, you just need to rotate the top of the cylinder clockwise and anti-clockwise.
Connecting with Bluetooth
A lot of of people might think it’s overkill to mention how to connect this device with your phone or laptop. But different devices have different functionalities to connect.
3 second press
When you press the device for 3 seconds it connects automatically to the device that has been paired
The device will make itself available to the devices that are available to connect
You can use the Xiaomi outdoor speaker to also make calls and communicate with your loved ones over your phone. This, in fact, is my favourite aspect of Bluetooth speakers. This feature makes it one of the must-own Xiaomi products.
- When I’m home alone, I’m either listening to music or I’m talking to my family or friends loudly over the speaker.
To activate that, here are the button functions.
- Answer a call with a short press of the button
- End an active call with the short press of the button
- Mute an active call by double pressing the button
- One time press for playing
- One time press for pausing the music
Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Sound
The most important aspect of any Bluetooth speaker is the sound and to test that we check the bass and mids and the highs.
- It’s important to note that the speaker is oriented towards the bottom. This causes the sound to escape through the underside ensuring that the sound is equally distributed in all directions with consistent quality.
- The highs are sharp and the bass is clear as well. However, the mids could be a bit better. But, considering the fact that this Bluetooth speaker is on par with brands like JBL and still be so affordable makes it a speaker worth the money.
What the Xiaomi outdoor speaker does really well is controlling the sound when it hits the extremes to avoid any disturbances. The higher register sounds better on the Xiaomi outdoor speaker compared to the bass.
Mi Outdoor Speaker – Waterproof or Not?
Considering it’s an outdoor speaker, it needs to be put to test with regards to ruggedness and the waterproof feature.
- It has an IP55 rating which means it can take a bit of water that includes rain without it affecting the insides of the speaker. This rating also ensures that this speaker can be used in dusty areas without any issues.
But, if you drop it in a puddle of water or a bucket of water, don’t expect it to work. You cannot submerge it in water and it might stop working. However, it’s pretty damn sturdy and the build is amazing. It’s super strong and it can withstand a few falls without any fuss.
When it comes to the performance, the Xiaomi outdoor speaker is one of the best in its segment. Be it real-time or long term performance, the Xiaomi offers state of the art technology and most importantly, a build that ensures a high lifespan. I’ve personally used it for 2.5 years without any issues. And my piece and certainly has been through a lot of stress.
As the “outdoor” name suggests, this speaker can take a serious beating and still come out with zero bruises. It is IP55 rating ensures protection from the elements. I even accidently pushed it into a pond and it still worked perfectly. While the fabric of the speaker can handle the splashes and stress with ease. It can tend to discolor. Especially, if you get the white one. The discoloration is quite ugly to be honest.
The sound quality is not bad. Although it isn’t absolutely stellar, this speaker can produce and even sound that emphasizes the mids while producing a clear high. Most importantly, it does deliver a decent oomph with the bass. This is pretty great considering the compactness of the device and the presence of a single speaker driver. To experience the best sound quality ramp up the volume to 70-80.
Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Price and Review – Final Thoughts
This outdoor speaker is absolutely fantastic. The sound quality is the most important criteria and the Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker is on point. In fact, it actually does go toe to toe with JBL which is known for their music equipment. You get clear highs and overall high-quality sound with great bass.
- The Features, of course, helps a lot. For example, the button control that slow you to sync to your device and even transition between calls is super useful. Also the battery life of 8-hours is super useful.
Personally, I love the build quality and the orange carry cord. It makes the whole device more versatile and any outdoor experience enjoyable.
- Sound quality
- Button Functions
- IP55 Waterproof
- 8-hour Battery life
- It’s only IP55 waterproof so you cannot completely submerge it in water
Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker Price
Coming to the price. This isn’t the cheapest speaker out there. However, it’s definitely worth the price. Overall this is a good speaker that works really well, has good battery life. But for a speaker that is advertised as outdoor, I would prefer it to actually be waterproof and be more rugged! Check out the Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Price and Review for all the details.
Which Bluetooth version does MI outdoor Bluetooth speaker support?
The Xiaomi Mi Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker supports Bluetooth 5.0. You can expect stable and super-fast connectivity without any lags from the Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker. Check out the Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Price and Review for all the details.
How much is the music playback time of MI outdoor Bluetooth speaker?
The Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker comes with a 2600 mAh battery. With the various functions and features, this speaker can provide continuous music for around 8 hours on a single charge. This battery life is actually pretty decent for a Bluetooth speaker in this price range. Check out the Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Price and Review for all the details.
Also Read :
- Cut Through Even The Toughest Of Stains With The Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- The Most Amazing Xiaomi Accessories of 2021
- Is The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Worth It?
Table of Contents