A Smart Lamp With Insane Features!
Store Name: Mi Homes Global Store
Store Description: The home store of all amazing Xiaomi products. You can find unbelievable gadgets and devices like smart vacuum cleaners and smart speakers and many more.
Price range: US $51.19
Eye Fatigue reminder
Ambient light sensor
Xiaomi has been growing in leaps and bounds. While they are dominating the mid-range smartphone space, they are so much more than just smartphones. Now, Xiaomi is a full-fledged electronics company with smart home products.
Xiaomi has been focused on building its Mijia brand which is Chinese for “Smart Home”, from almost the very beginning. And in this article, we’ll be looking at an infamous Xiaomi Philips collaboration.
So, get ready for the Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare Review.
In their Smart Home range, Xiaomi has introduced a variety of products such as Yeelight, Smart Security, Cleaning Robot, and more. In their bid to conquer the smart home market, Xiaomi has been taking everyday objects and making them smarter, and giving them extra features.
One of them is the Xiaomi Philips eyecare Smart Lamp 2 or Eyecare 2 Smart Lamp.
This is the second edition of this lamp and Xiaomi has collaborated with Philips for this device. Philips is a global leader when it comes to lighting products. With the Xiaomi desk lamp 2, Philips created a lamp that is good for your eyes, while Xiaomi took care of the design and build.
Of course, nobody can claim to be the best. Close competition for the Xiaomi Philips desk lamp is Taotronic’s, Smart Lamp. But the Xiaomi Philips collaboration is nothing to look down on. It’s still an amazing product.
Here’s the Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare Review.
Mijia Eyecare 2 Smart Desk Lamp Review
After using the Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare for over a year and putting it through various amounts of stress tests, I can confidently state that this is one of the best smart lamps in terms of features and performance. After comparing it against a bunch of other smart lamps in the same price segment. I found that:
The Xiaomi Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare is one of the few smart lamps with true value for money. not only does it have a flexible exterior with twin lights but it also comes with extremely practical features like timers and brightness settings. Most importantly, this $54 lamp comes with amazing functions to support your eye health.
Inside the Box
The Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare comes in a standard brown cardboard box. Although the brown box is sturdy, Xiaomi is clearly trying to save some money on the packaging costs. You’ll also find an illustration of the device on the surface of the box along with some tech specifications on the sides.
Inside the box, you’ll find:
- An instruction manual that is in Chinese
- A plug to connect your lamp to electricity
- The lamp itself.
Inside the instruction manual, you will find a QR code that you can use to download the companion app.
Xiaomi Philips Eyecare Smart Lamp 2 – Design and Features
Firstly the Xiaomi Philips Eyecare Smart Lamp 2, is a beautiful lamp with a simple and sleek build.
- This Xiaomi lamp has a large circular base that is made out of plastic and has a matte finish that will protect against fingerprints. The base is quite big and you will need a big table.
- The Xiaomi smart desk lamp 2 has two LED strips: one on the head of the device and the other one on the stem. Because of two lights, this lamp is far brighter than other similar devices.
- Due to the substantial width of the LED panels, the light spreads more evenly. The LED panel at the stem will illuminate the surface of the desk it’s placed on while the LED panel at the head, pretty much works like a conventional lamplight.
- Underneath the base is rubber soles which give a grip to the lamp and cannot be easily pushed. This is an important and useful detail, as it won’t fall if you push it accidentally.
- It is also important to note that while this lamp is sleek it is on the larger side when compared to other smart desk lamps. However, when you consider the fantastic features and the eye care. It is definitely a lamp worth investing in.
The buttons are backlit, which makes it great to operate in the dark. The arm is about 15.6 inches in length which can be extended and closed this is also quite big and it covers a wide space.
The Bulbs used in the Eyecare 2 Smart Lamp are LED lights that throw out a warm light compared to the sharp white light that you encounter on most smart lamps. This is very soothing to the eyes.
One of the most unique things about this product is that you don’t have to connect it to a smartphone in order to start using it. Sure, you do get to access various features and it does make your life convenient. However, you can start using this Xiaomi lamp right off the bat. Which is honestly refreshing.
However, if you do want to control it through your phone then follow these steps:
- Download the Companion Mi Home App.
- Head to the device catalog to add it manually or search for nearby devices.
- This Device is controlled and connected over WiFi. So, make sure that’s turned on at all times.
- Once you add the device it will connect the lamp to the home’s WiFi network.
- Once it’s synced, You can control the lamp from as far away as a different country.
- It’s fairly simple and can be set up in under 5 minutes.
Honestly, the Philips Eyecare Smart Lamp 2 has quite a few advantages compared to other smart lamps or even other Xiaomi smart lamps for that matter.
- The attachment between the head and the body is very flexible, so the light can be adjusted to various different angles: even 180 degrees.
- Amazingly enough, you can use your smartphone to control the intensity of the light, set timers and schedules, and control the various modes. Xiaomi’s Yeelight line of smart lights also incorporates similar technology.
While this Philips Xiaomi lamp is brighter than most smart lamps out there due to dual lights, it has a very responsive touch panel to control the brightness and it also automatically gauges and controls the light to avoid eye strain.
Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare Review – Features
- Firstly, the lamp is connected via Wifi in your home or office and not via Bluetooth from your phone which is an amazing addition as Bluetooth drains your battery life. You can not only control this device like all Mi smart home products through the Mi home app.
- As mentioned earlier, there are two lamps, one on the top of the arm and one at the stem. The light at the stem faces backward, giving you an overall lit experience compared to a focused lamp which acts as a strain on your eyes. Switching on both the lamps lights up your environment amply.
- The Xiaomi desk lamp 2 has a memory mode that remembers the last light mode on your lamp and if you turn it on, the same mode is activated. So if you had it at the highest brightness during the last operation, it will switch on with the highest brightness the next time.
- The touch keys on the lamp let you turn the lamp on and off. You can also control the hue and the intensity directly from the base of the lamp. The brightness of the Xiaomi desk lamp can be increased and decreased with a touch motion or a sliding motion. The buttons are also backlit which lets you control the lamp in darkness.
- Just like other Mi Home devices, Eyecare 2 Smart Lamp also can be controlled with your smartphone. The first step is to pair the smartphone with your device which takes a minute. Here are some of the features:
- The app comes with a set of pre-built modes that is a certain level of brightness based on the activity that is being performed. Some of the modes are “Teen Studying”, “Adults Reading”, and “Phone/computer” mode.
- You can choose to power off the smart desk lamp after a certain time period. This is perfect for people who go to sleep without switching off their lamps. You can choose from a range of 1 minute to about 60 minutes.
- Apart from the set light modes, there are also three other features which are Night Light Mode, Eye Fatigue Reminder, and Ambient Light Sensor. These extra modes make it one of the best Xiaomi products on the market.
- This is the lowest brightness settings that help you work throughout the night under calm lighting.
Eye Fatigue Reminder
- After every 40 odd minutes, the Philips eyecare smart lamp 2 switches off reminding you to rest your eyes for a few minutes to avoid eye strain.
Ambient Light Sensor
- This is a sensor that controls the brightness of the lamp depending on the light from the surroundings. This is similar to the sensor on your phone that controls the brightness of your display depending on the surroundings.
- You can schedule it to turn off when you are going to sleep, reminding you subtly that you have to go to sleep.
- You can also turn on and off the Xiaomi lamp remotely which is a safety feature giving the feeling that somebody is home when you are away traveling.
The luminosity of this lamp is as follows.
- Within an area of 60cm, there are 1200 lux
- Within an area of 90cm, there are 300 lux
- Within an area of 1.2 meters, there are 200 lux
Having used this beauty for more than a year I can say with complete confidence that it is one of the best smart desk lamps. And yes, that’s true even when compared to smart lamps that came out this year. Impressively the cost of this lamp has reduced when compared to when it first hit the market. However, the features it offers still go toe to toe with expensive lamps that came out this year.
- With regards to both real-time and long-term performance, this lamp is stellar. Specifically, I haven’t had any issues with the quality of longevity ever since I got it. The most impressive component of this lamp is actually the bulb which has been through a tremendous amount of stress in the past year and still managed to last this long. The only problem that can really think of is that this white lamp is very easy to stain. So, you should probably invest some time once every few months to clean it.
- When coming to real-time performance, this Xiaomi lamp functions seamlessly. For example, the transition from brightness is smooth without any stutters or lags. Most importantly, this lamp ensures the user complete control over important features such as brightness. It, of course, also has an eye care feature that helps you out with your eye health.
- The light itself is also fairly soft and is easy on the eye. This is extremely useful if you’re at the desk for long durations. The flexible nature of the lamp is also one of the core reasons for its exceptional performance, this level of customization is honestly, quite hard to achieve with other desk lamps. You can actually, target a specific area on your desk with this lamp without having to hold it.
- And like most Xiaomi products this one can be hooked up to the Xiaomi home ecosystem which boosts the performance by a level. Most importantly, it’s actually a great device that can help your eye health as it emits only the optimal amount of light required. This makes it less strenuous for the retinas.
Final Thoughts – Should you buy Eyecare 2 Smart Lamp?
Considering the sheer amount of features you get with this smart lamp I would definitely recommend it. The Xiaomi Philips Eyecare Smart Lamp 2 is very useful for students, graphic designers, and other creative people. It’s really for anybody who has a home office and is stuck to the table for a long time.
- In this collaboration between Xiaomi and Philips, Xiaomi brings the flexible and practical design of the lamp and the ever-useful companion app. Whereas, Philips brings the LED Bulb technology which is vastly less harmful to your eyes.
- You can set eye fatigue reminders and even use the various features to help reduce eye strain. In humble opinion, this is a brilliant product and yes although it is 50 dollars, it’s super worth it.
- If there was a con, then it’s the lack of a USB port to charge your devices while using the lamp. But again, that is not the function of this lamp.
However, at the price point and the features provided, the Eyecare 2 Smart Lamp from Xiaomi is the lamp you need! It is definitely part of Xiaomi’s goal to create a line of completely automated smart home products.
How does the Eyecare 2 protect your eyes?
Eyecare 2 has the softest white light you will see on a lamp. This is called a soft white. This isn’t harsh. At night, when there isn’t ambient light and there is only artificial light, it cannot be too sharp. The lights emitting from Eyecare 2 are super soft that are better for the eyes. Check out our Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare Review for all the details.
Does the Eyecare 2 give enough ambient light?
More than a direct source of light, I prefer eyecare 2 to be an ambient light emitter. The Eyecare 2 is pretty good at emitting light and creating an artificial ambient light that looks natural and is easy on the eyes. Check out our Xiaomi Philips LED Smart Desk Lamp 2 Eyecare Review for all the details.
After looking for a long while, I finally found a desk light that suits my needs. The Xiaomi Philips eyecare desk light is elegant and simple in design. The warmer tint light that it produces is pleasant to the eyes. I use the light mainly on the first or second output mode. Others are to bright for me at this moment. But if you have a bigger desk and the light sits further away, it’s nice to have multiple output modes.
The back-light is are a great feature to have. It lights-up the area behind my computer monitor, to give extra comfort at night. The downside is that it only comes with a CN charger. Of course, you can order an adapter, but it would’ve been nice to choose between CN/EU/US or UK plug.
You can bend the light up and down, and a little bit sideways. You do have to hold the base of the lamp with one hand and adjust it with the other. There should be more weight in the base, to prevent the light from tilting forward when adjusting the angle.
The touch buttons work very easy and require all most no touch to respond. This light is only available in White, which is also a drawback for some. Personally, I like the Black color version more. Even after an hour on the lowest setting the head of the light, ur the plastic cover at the lady became warm. Cooling is excellent. This is a great desk light if you’re looking for an elegant yet effective light for your desk.Kevin From USA
Read more about:
- Clean Your Home Easily With This Vacuum Cleaner
- Easily Access Recipes From Your Kitchen Counter With This Speaker
- The Latest And Greatest Xiaomi Products of All Time
Say Yes to Xiaomi! I am one of the BIG FAN to Xiaomi Products. I can’t resist the things they created or partner within their ecosystem. So my advice to you is “JUST BUY LAH”!
Table of Contents