Bluetooth speakers are one of the best electronic devices that money can buy. They are loud, they are portable and they are the life of any party or even a road trip. Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth speakers deliver amazing sound quality which is why we review them. Xiaomi has made multiple Bluetooth speakers over the years that come in various different shapes and sizes. And today we’ll be reviewing a new addition that family – The Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker. Check out Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review for all the details.
Xiaomi had made some pretty popular Bluetooth speakers in the past and today we cover a different beast altogether – The Pocket 2. This is the second instalment of the cylindrical Xiaomi Pocket range of speakers which are compact that are not only compact but also deliver fantastic sound. And like most Xiaomi Products, this speaker is super affordable.
Anyway, let get to the review, shall we? In this review, we will cover all the features of the device and whether it’s worth the price you pay for it! Here’s the Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review.
- Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review 2020
Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review 2020
Inside the Box
Like almost all of Xiaomi’s products, you get the speaker in a sturdy white cardboard box with cushioning to keep the speaker safe. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- The Xiaomi Pocket 2 Bluetooth Speaker itself
- And an instruction Manual
Xiaomi Mi Pocket Speaker 2 – Design
I look at the Pocket 2 and the first thing that comes to my mind is, this device is sexy. It’s a beautiful looking device that kind of reminds of the Google Home at the base. It comes in two colours that are super sleek – White and Black.
- At the outset, you don’t know how to use the device, but if you look closely, the “cap” on top is the volume controller. This is a supremely awesome design created by Xiaomi and this will be a conversation starter if it’s in your house.
- Like most of Xiaomi’s products, it has a simple and minimalistic design. In fact, the design is so simple without any buttons or protrusions that it makes it look futuristic.
- The design can be broken down into two stages, The top portion, which is basically the dial, controls the device takes up about 1/3 of the speaker and of course, the bottom body portion on which you can find LED indicator light and a Micro-USB port.
- The design is super well thought out and even the materials are high quality and give a rich finish and sturdiness that is expected of a portable speaker.
- The material used in this device is a mix of Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. Its properties include heat resistance, mechanical properties that enable the smooth sound flow. The top portion is built with an aluminium mixed with an anodized oxide finish.
- You can get this speaker in Red, Black and Silver. I would suggest you go with the Silver version as the silver top portion really stands out making it look quite amazing.
Although it’s called the Pocket 2, it might not fit in your pocket. However, it is pretty compact. It can easily fit in your hand and the feel is great. The build is also pretty solid and this makes it easy to pack and carry without taking up too much space.
Mi Bluetooth Speaker Review – Function and Use
The use of this product is pretty straight forward. Firstly you need to connect your phone to the Pocket 2 Speaker via Bluetooth. Once connected, there are pretty simple ways to control the speaker.
- The aluminium knob on top can be turned clockwise and anti-clockwise which controls the volume. This directly reduces the volume on your phone as it is connected via Bluetooth.
- The top knob also plays the role and pausing and playing, when you press the button down.
- There is a LED indicator at the base of the device which informs you when the device is one and it is paired and so on. This indicator is a very useful notifier in a rather seamless and clear device.
- My only major concern with the device is the knob that can be turned like a jar. Xiaomi hasn’t given any data on what the lifetime for the knob is, but I’m guessing that might be a problem in the future.
- Now coming to the aspect of music and sound quality. Xiaomi has worked with Tymphany, a Danish acoustic brand to build the speakers for this device. We tasted the bass and the treble on this device and it is fantastic.
There is a playback of up to 7 hours, which is possible with the 1200 mAh battery. There is also the feature of hands-free calling, which means you can communicate with people with the help of the speakers. You can charge it through USB with 5.0-volt charger.
xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 – Sound Quality
The Audio performance of the Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 is pretty damn good. Especially, considering this compact nature of the device and the fact it only costs about 25$.
- You can find that this speaker offers really clear audio with the vocals and treble throwing out a stellar performance. The only issue is with the sound would be the comparatively less impressive bass.
- You’d sometimes really wish the bass had more an oomph considering the brilliant treble and mids. However, if your not super-into Hip-hop, by all means, this will be an investment like no other. That being said, for 25$, it really does do a good job with respect to sound quality.
What really makes this stand out is the fact that this speaker performs amazingly when you crank up the volume to its limit. Usually, a speaker at this price range has a distortion of sound clarity when the volume rises beyond a certain threshold. Generally, this distortion can be attributed to the speaker quality. Which is why we can tell this Xiaomi speaker is pretty high in terms of speaker quality.
Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review – Final Thoughts
The Pocket 2 speaker is another major hit from the house of Xiaomi. Xiaomi keeps succeeding in the market because of their great pricing and amazing design quality. And they’ve once again brought those to the Pocket 2 speaker.
- This is an amazing device for a great price. The colour options make it an easy buy because you can’t go wrong with Black or White, The design itself is too simplistic, with the knob on top-performing the role of volume control and an on/off button.
- It is a Bluetooth 4.1 device, which means seamless playback through your phone. The battery life of 7 hours is absolutely brilliant and this is mostly thanks to the 1200 mAh battery.
The sound quality is fantastic and this is a device that can throw out some good treble and mids. The size also needs to be mentioned as it is super tiny, this means you can carry it anywhere. Perfect for trips, parties and there isn’t any extra paraphernalia you need to carry like the Google Home. This is a brilliant device overall.
- Perfect size which makes it portable
- Brilliant sound quality
- Amazing battery life at 7 hours
- Seamless controls
- Charging time
How do I use MI Pocket Speaker 2?
It’s extremely simple to use the Mi Pocket Speaker 2. Follow these steps:
- To pair the the Speaker to you smart device using Bluetooth- You need to press the top rotatable dial twice.
- To Turn on/off the device – press on the dial once.
- To control the volume – rotate the dial in a clockwise manner to increase the volume and anticlockwise to decrease the volume.
How do I reset my MI Pocket Speaker 2?
In order to reset the Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2. Unpair the device from all the smart devices. Once that’s done, press and hold the dial for 3 seconds. This will resent the speaker. Now, you can pretty much pair it with any new device.