Want to know if the Xiaomi Mi Pocket Speaker is still worth it? Check out our Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 Price and Review to know more.
Bluetooth speakers are one of the best electronic devices that money can buy. They are loud, they are portable and they are the life of any party or even a road trip. Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth speakers deliver amazing sound quality which is why we review them.
Xiaomi has made multiple Bluetooth speakers over the years that come in various shapes and sizes. And today we’ll be reviewing a new addition to that family – The Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker. Check out Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 Price and Review for all the details.
Related: Xiaomi Outdoor Speaker Review
Xiaomi had made some pretty popular Bluetooth speakers in the past and today we cover a different beast altogether – The Pocket 2. This is the second installment of the cylindrical Xiaomi Pocket range of speakers which are compact that are not only compact but also deliver fantastic sound. And like most Xiaomi Products, this speaker is super affordable.
Anyway, let’s get to the review, shall we? In this review, we will cover all the features of the device and whether it’s worth the price you pay for it! Here’s the Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review.
Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 Price and Review
After using this speaker for a few months and after putting it through various stress tests, I can say with complete confidence that this speaker is one of the best in its segment. That doesn’t mean this speaker doesn’t have certain drawbacks, it has some annoying issues with the charging time. However, overall the:
Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker is a good speaker with a petite design and remarkable sound quality. This portable speaker offers really clear audio with the expectational vocals and treble, which is comparable to speakers thrice its price. At just 25$ this easy-to-use speaker has a battery life of 7 hours.
Inside the Box
Like almost all of Xiaomi’s products, you get the speaker in a sturdy white cardboard box with cushioning to keep the speaker safe. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- The Xiaomi Pocket 2 Bluetooth Speaker itself
- And an instruction Manual
- Max Output: 5W
- Frequency Range: 180Hz -18KHz
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Bluetooth Range: 10m
- Bluetooth version: 4.1
- Battery: 1200 mAH
- Playback Time: 7 hours
- Charging Time: 2.5 hours
- Input: 5V/1A
- Warranty: 6 months
Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 – Design
I look at the Pocket 2 and the first thing that comes to my mind is, this device is sexy. It’s a beautiful-looking device that kind of reminds me of the Google Home at the base. It comes in two super sleek colors – White and Black.
- At the outset, you don’t know how to use the device, but if you look closely, the “cap” on top is the volume controller. This is a supremely awesome design created by Xiaomi and this will be a conversation starter if it’s in your house.
- Like most of Xiaomi’s products, it has a simple and minimalistic design. In fact, the design is so simple without any buttons or protrusions that it makes it look futuristic.
- The design can be broken down into two stages, The top portion, which is basically the dial, controls the device takes up about 1/3 of the speaker and of course, the bottom body portion on which you can find LED indicator light and a Micro-USB port.
- The design is super well thought out and even the materials are high quality and give a rich finish and sturdiness that is expected of a portable speaker.
- The material used in this device is a mix of Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. Its properties include heat resistance, mechanical properties that enable the smooth sound flow. The top portion is built with an aluminium mixed with an anodized oxide finish.
- You can get this speaker in Red, Black and Silver. I would suggest you go with the Silver version as the silver top portion really stands out making it look quite amazing.
Although it’s called the Pocket 2, it might not fit in your pocket. However, it is pretty compact. It can easily fit in your hand and the feel is great. The build is also pretty solid and this makes it easy to pack and carry without taking up too much space.
Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 Review – Function and Use
The use of this product is pretty straightforward. Firstly you need to connect your phone to the Pocket 2 Speaker via Bluetooth. Once connected, there are pretty simple ways to control the speaker.
- The aluminium knob on top can be turned clockwise and anti-clockwise which controls the volume. This directly reduces the volume on your phone as it is connected via Bluetooth.
- The top knob also plays the role and pausing and playing, when you press the button down.
- There is a LED indicator at the base of the device which informs you when the device is one and it is paired and so on. This indicator is a very useful notifier in a rather seamless and clear device.
- My only major concern with the device is the knob that can be turned like a jar. Xiaomi hasn’t given any data on what the lifetime for the knob is, but I’m guessing that might be a problem in the future.
- Now coming to the aspect of music and sound quality. Xiaomi has worked with Tymphany, a Danish acoustic brand to build the speakers for this device. We tasted the bass and the treble on this device and it is fantastic.
There is a playback of up to 7 hours, which is possible with the 1200 mAh battery. There is also the feature of hands-free calling, which means you can communicate with people with the help of speakers. You can charge it through USB with a 5.0-volt charger.
Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 – Sound Quality
The Sound of the Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 is pretty damn good. Especially, considering the compact nature of the device and the fact it only costs about 25$.
- You can find that this speaker offers really clear audio with the vocals and treble throwing out a stellar performance. The only issue is with the sound would be the comparatively less impressive bass.
- You’d sometimes really wish the bass had more an oomph considering the brilliant treble and mids. However, if your not super-into Hip-hop, by all means, this will be an investment like no other. That being said, for 25$, it really does do a good job with respect to sound quality.
What makes this stand out is the fact that this speaker performs amazingly when you crank up the volume to its limit. Usually, a speaker at this price range has a distortion of sound clarity when the volume rises beyond a certain threshold. Generally, this distortion can be attributed to the speaker’s quality. This is why we can tell this Xiaomi speaker is pretty high in terms of speaker quality.
Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 Review – Battery
The Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 is equipped with a Powerful 1200 mAh lithium Ion battery. It can last for up to 7 hours on a single charge and it is charged via micro USB and takes around 3 hours to charge to 100%.
- While the wait for it to hit 100% was long, I personally didn’t find it painful as I could still use the device to play music while it was still charging. When I put the battery through a stress test, I found out that Xiaomi actually didn’t embellish the 7-hour battery life claim. It ran out of juice on the dot. When used conservatively, it can easily last for a week.
Although the battery life is stellar and the charging process is alright, the most irritating fact is that Xiaomi did not provide a charging cable with the speaker. Yes, seriously. This honestly made no sense to me. How did they expect us to charge it? Anyway, if you have a micro-USB lying around the house then you’re in luck. If not then you’ll probably have to spend a few dollars on one.
Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 Review – Performance
Although it’s been almost 3 years since this speaker hit the market, it continues to be one of the best budget speakers. Even when we come to the performance, this speaker is fantastic. I’ve used it for 2 years without any issues and I can state with complete confidence that when it considers both long-term and Short term performance, this speaker is worth it.
As mentioned earlier, the sound quality is amazing for a $25 speaker. So, I won’t go too into details with regards to the sound. All you do need to keep in mind is that at the end of the day you will not get a JBL or a Marshall level sound quality.
However, you can expect amazing connectivity. It comes with Bluetooth 4. which is not only stable but can also cover up to a 10-meter radius without any stutters or lags. It also has a built-in microphone for calls. This call feature is rather useful. For example, it pauses the music when there’s an incoming call.
Most importantly, the battery life is pretty good. It is equipped with a 1200mAh battery with a capacity of 3.7V. So, it can last for 3 hours on a single charge. Over time it has reduced to around 5-6 hours. But this is to expected.
Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2 Price and Review – Final Thoughts
The Pocket 2 speaker is another major hit from the house of Xiaomi. Xiaomi keeps succeeding in the market because of its great pricing and amazing design quality. And they’ve once again brought those to the Pocket 2 speaker.
- This is an amazing device for a great price. The colour options make it an easy buy because you can’t go wrong with Black or White, The design itself is too simplistic, with the knob on top-performing the role of volume control and an on/off button.
- It is a Bluetooth 4.1 device, which means seamless playback through your phone. The battery life of 7 hours is absolutely brilliant and this is mostly thanks to the 1200 mAh battery.
The sound quality is fantastic and this is a device that can throw out some good treble and mids. The size also needs to be mentioned as it is super tiny, which means you can carry it anywhere. Perfect for trips, parties and there isn’t any extra paraphernalia you need to carry like the Google Home. This is a brilliant device overall.
- Perfect size which makes it portable
- Brilliant sound quality
- Amazing battery life at 7 hours
- Seamless controls
- Charging time
- Lack of charging cable
How to turn on Mi Pocket Speaker 2?
To turn on your Xiaomi Mi Pocket Speaker 2, just press on the dial once, it’s that simple. To turn off, press on the dial once again.
What is the operating range of the Mi Pocket Speaker 2?
The Xiaomi Mi Pocket Speaker features Bluetooth 4.1, which has a maximum range of 10 meters. So, the Mi Pocket Speaker 2 can stay connected with your device for up to 10 meters.
How do I reset my Mi Pocket Speaker 2?
To reset the Xiaomi Pocket Speaker 2. Unpair the device from all the smart devices. Once that’s done, press and hold the dial for 3 seconds. This will resent the speaker. Now, you can pretty much pair it with any new device.
How do I use MI Pocket Speaker 2?
It’s extremely simple to use the Mi Pocket Speaker 2. Follow these steps:
To pair the speaker to your smart device using Bluetooth- You need to press the top rotatable dial twice.
Want to Turn on/off the device? – Just press on the dial once.
To control the volume – rotate the dial in a clockwise manner to increase the volume and anticlockwise to decrease the volume.
Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review
Check out our Xiaomi Pocket 2 Speaker Price and Review!
Product SKU: X8394
Product Brand: Xiaomi
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $49
Price Valid Until: 2022-10-26
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents