This latest addition to Xiaomi’s Poco lineup boasts impressive specs, including 5G connectivity, a powerful processor, and a large battery capacity.
In this article, we’ll dive into a comprehensive review of the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G, highlighting its strengths and weaknesses in various areas such as design, performance, camera quality, and battery life. We’ll also compare it to other devices in its price range to help you make an informed decision.
So, whether you’re looking to upgrade your phone or just curious about what the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G has to offer, keep reading for our in-depth review.
- Highlights of the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Design
- Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Display
- Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Performance
- Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Camera
- Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Battery
- Pros and Cons
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Review
In my review of the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G, I found it to be an impressive smartphone with a lot of features that are usually found in higher-end devices. The 6.6-inch IPS LCD display was clear and had a 90Hz refresh rate that made scrolling smoother.
The Mediatek MT6833P Dimensity 810 processor delivered smooth and responsive performance, even when multitasking or playing games.
The 5000mAh battery was long-lasting and supported fast charging. The camera system was also great, with a 50MP primary camera and a 16MP front-facing camera that took stunning photos and videos.
Overall, the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G offers excellent value for money and is a great option for budget-conscious buyers.
Keep reading to check out my review in detail.
Highlights of the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G
Beautiful Design – I personally loved the sleek design and build of the Poco M4 Pro 5G. It has a large 6.6-inch display and has a big camera housing at the back. The M4 Pro 5G also is quite lightweight and slim making it easy to hold while gaming.
Stereo Speakers – The stereo speakers bring everything to life and it sounds amazing when watching videos or movies. They are guaranteed to deliver an immersive experience regardless of the volume levels.
Solid Battery Life – Equipped with a powerful 5000mAh battery, I found the Poco M4 5G to last upwards of a day on a single charge which is more than enough to run games, movies and handle day to day tasks like a breeze.
Decent Processing Capabilities – One of the main highlights of the Poco M4 Pro is the ability to process tasks like a piece of cake. It’s loaded with a Dimensity 810 5G processor and runs on an ad-free version of MIUI which is pretty decent in my opinion.
The Poco M4 Pro is easily one of the best budget smartphones available in 2023.It delivers good performance, has a really sleek and premium design and is equipped with a large and powerful battery enough to grant you a full day of use.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Design
Considering the cheap and affordable pricing, I felt that the design of the Poco M4 Pro 5G to be quite flashy and sleek.
Unlike some of the other Xiaomi smartphones we’ve reviewed, the Poco M4 has a plastic body which might put some people off, but I personally liked how snug the phone fit in my hands. There’s ample amount of grip so the phone doesn’t fall or slip.
The M4 Pro 5G is available in 3 colors and while it might not be the handset to go for if you’re looking for something a little more minimal, it sure is an eye catcher and I felt that Xiaomi has not followed their signature design and that’s what is unique about the M4 Pro 5G.
The physical volume and power buttons are located on the right side of the M4 pro and the left houses the hybrid SIM slot. Charging and data transfer is carried out via USB-C and there’s even a 3.5mm headphone jack positioned at the bottom.
While the M4 Pro is not waterproof, it does come with IP52 protection that keeps the device safe from dust and light splashes.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Display
While the M4 Pro 5G does not have a display that can match the vivid brightness and contrast as an OLED panel can, its large 6.6-inch IPS LCD does a decent job and keeps everything pretty fluid.
I found the colors to pop and the brightness to be quite refreshing since it was pleasantly clear during the day. The bezels are nice and slim with a circular-cut selfie camera embedded in the display positioned at the top.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Performance
The performance of the M4 Pro 5G is pretty good but the Dimensity 810 doesn’t offer an upgrade from the Dimensity 700 used in the M3 Pro 5G. It’s capable of easily running high-spec apps and games as well as runs Android with ease.
Along with the Dimensity 810, the M4 Pro comes with 4GB, 6GB and 8GB RAM as well as storage options of 64GB, 128GB and 256GB which is more than enough to store all your games, songs and photos.
It also has an option to upgrade the storage by using a microSD card in the hybrid SIM slot. While I did notice some lag when switching between apps it’s safe to say that the issue would be fixed with a software update.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Camera
On to the camera now, the dual lens rear camera is not something that’s considered pro-grade, but it does a decent job off taking day time photos and videos. The colors are really good and the details are quite sharp in contrast to the Note 11T we reviewed earlier.
The selfie camera on the other hand performs fairly well while taking photos, but it does not do a great job with videos. The quality of the videos taken on the selfie camera is grainy even with HDR enabled and it would have done a better job if Xiaomi would have paid more attention to the users of the M3 Pro 5G.
|Dual||50 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF|
8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide)
|Features||LED flash, HDR, panorama|
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Battery
I found the battery of the M4 Pro 5G to be quite promising. The 5000mAh battery was more than capable of delivering up to 2 days of runtime from a single charge.
For most of the time, we found the battery to last up to a little over a day after streaming videos, playing games and using GPS navigation.
Unfortunately the M4 Pro does not have wireless charging, but the 33W fast charging helps replenish the battery in under an hour.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Specifications
|Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G|
|Announced||2022, March 15|
|Type||IPS LCD Display Capacitive Touchscreen, 16M Colors, Multitouch|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 px|
|Protection||Gorilla Glass 3|
|Dimensions||174.1 x 78.6 x 9.5 mm|
|SIM Slot||Dual SIM(Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Colors||Mysterious Black, Milky Way Blue, Mint Green|
|Processor||MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) Processor|
|RAM||4GB / 6 GB / 8 GB RAM|
|Storage||64GB / 128 GB / 256 GB|
|Rear Cameras||50 MP + 8 MP,|
|Camera Features||AF, LED Flash|
|Front Camera||16 MP (Selfie Camera)|
|Camera Features||LED Flash, HDR, Panorama|
|Android||11, upgradeable to Android 12|
|Network||4G – LTE Band 1: 2100, Band 2: 1900, Band 3: 1800, Band 4: 1700, Band 5: 850, Band 7: 2600, Band 8: 900, Band 12-14, 17: 700, Band 20: 800, Band 28: 700, Band 31: 450, Band 71: 600 MHz5G – FR1: 450 MHz – 6 GHz , 5G FR2: 24.25 GHz – 52.6 GHz|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|USB||USB: microUSB 2.0 Type-C,, OTG support|
|Capacity||Non-Removable Li-Po 5000mAh Battery|
|Charging Technology||Fast Charging|
|Sensors||Fingerprint(side-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity|
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Pros and Cons
- One of the most significant advantages of the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G is its 5G connectivity. You can enjoy faster download and upload speeds, low latency, and more reliable connectivity.
- The device is powered by a Mediatek MT6833P Dimensity 810, which offers smooth and efficient performance. It is also paired with up to 6GB/8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of internal storage.
- The Poco M4 Pro 5G boasts a large 6.67-inch IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The display is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- The device features a massive 5000mAh battery that provides excellent battery life. It also supports 33W fast charging, which allows you to charge the device quickly.
- The Poco M4 Pro 5G has a dual rear camera setup that consists of a 50MP primary sensor and an 8MP ultrawide sensor. On the front, there is a 16MP selfie camera that produces sharp and clear selfies.
- The device has a sleek and modern design that is available in three color options. It also has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for secure and fast unlocking.
- The Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G has a plastic build that may not feel as premium as devices with glass or metal builds.
- The device does not support wireless charging, which may be a dealbreaker for some users who prefer this feature.
- The Poco M4 Pro 5G is not water-resistant, which means it may not survive accidental spills or exposure to water.
- The device comes with pre-installed apps and bloatware that may take up storage space and slow down the device.
- The device runs on MIUI 13, which may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Some users may prefer a stock Android experience or a different custom skin.
In conclusion, the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G is a solid budget smartphone that offers impressive features and performance. Its 5G connectivity, powerful processor, large display, and long battery life make it an attractive option for users who are looking for a device that won’t break the bank.
However, its plastic build, lack of wireless charging and water resistance, pre-installed bloatware, and MIUI 12 skin may not appeal to everyone. Overall, if you’re in the market for a budget smartphone with 5G connectivity, the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G is definitely worth checking out.
- Xiaomi Poco F4 GT 5G Review 2023 | Is The Poco F4 GT Worth Buying?
- Xiaomi Poco F4 GT vs Xiaomi 12T Pro 2023
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S Price and Review in Malaysia
Table of Contents