Looking for a portable air pump for your car or bike? Read our Xiaomi Portable Air Pump Review which is one of the best portable air pumps you can get.
Every single time I’ve gone on road trips I’ve always wished I had a device to check tire pressure and even pump air into it to its optimal level. ill half a year ago this fantastical product was a dream.
However, then Xiaomi changed things up when it launched the Xiaomi Portable Air Pump. It not only helps fill car tires but you can use it only for all types of types from bikes to motorcycles and even soccer balls. It can fill up 5 tires in one go, helping you save a tremendous amount of time and money. Check out our Xiaomi Portable Air Pump Review.
Trying to find a gas station when you’re doing a cross country trip is the worst and this device could not only save time and energy but it also potentially save lives.
You can have your ties up and ready within 15 minutes and it can give you important data regarding tire pressure. So, you can know whether to pump the gas or hit the brakes when you see minor bumps on the road. It’s one of the best automobile accessories in the world and a must-have in every car.
This amazing device has loads of capabilities. So, let’s go ahead and review it, shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Portable Air Pump Review.
Xiaomi Portable Air Pump 2 Review (2023)
If you are looking for a portable air compressor that is fast, powerful, and easy to use, the Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2 is a great option. It is a bit more expensive than some other portable air compressors, but it is worth the investment.
This second-gen air pump offers a number of improvements over the previous version, including an impressive 18 L/min output, to ensures rapid tire inflation, an extended tube to ensure accessibility to tires on larger vehicles, and a new adapter that guarantees swift attachment to standard valves.
The upgraded display provides real-time tire pressure information, alongside battery status updates. With its heightened speed, power, and user-friendly features, the Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2 outshines its predecessor.
The Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2 is still powered by a 2000 mAh battery, which is the same as the previous version. However, there are claims that the new model has slightly better endurance, and can inflate two empty car tires on a single charge.
Overall, the Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2 is a significant improvement over the previous version. It is faster, more powerful, and easier to use. It is a great choice for anyone who needs a portable air compressor for inflating tires, balls, and other inflatable objects.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2:
- Fast inflation
- Long battery life
- Portable and lightweight
- Multiple adapters
- New quick-release end
- Battery status indicator on the display
- Slightly larger dimensions compared to the older version
Here are some of the things to consider when buying the Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2:
- Your needs: How often do you need to inflate tires? What types of tires do you need to inflate?
- Your budget: The Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2 is a bit more expensive than some other portable air compressors.
- Your portability needs: The Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Pump 2 is small and lightweight, making it easy to carry with you.
Xiaomi Portable Air Pump Review
Inside the Box
The Xiaomi Portable Air Pump comes in a white cardboard box. You’ll find an image of the device on the front portion of this sturdy box along with some highlighted features. On the sides of the box, you’ll find some specs and technical information. Now, Inside the box, you will find:
- The Xiaomi Portable Air Pump
- A pin (American Air tap) and an adapter for the tire valves
- A charging cable
- Storage pouch
- And Instruction manual
Although the instruction manual is unfortunately in Chinese, it does a table of recommended pressure values for various automotive tires.
When we come to the design of the Xiaomi portable electric tire pump, there is nothing that stands out. It’s a basic block-like device around the length of a smartphone but with a thickness of a robust power bank.
It can easily fit on the palm of your hand and is highly portable. It is also relatively heavy at 430 grams but not to the extent of getting in the way of comfort and convenience.
It has a good build, with the exterior made out of durable plastic. So, it can handle some rough use. It is only available in black color.
- On the front you of the device you’ll find an LED screen. Which will display the various modes and values. Underneath the LED screen, you’ll find a dial like a button with to control the device. There a plus and minus button along with a play/stop button. You’ll also find a button for illumination and a button for the various modes. The buttons are an absolute gift as it helps you control the device at night or in low light.
- On the sides you’ll find some air vents, this is to help control the airflow and even cool the pump down when it’s inflating the tire.
- The top portion of the device consists of a pipe which is removable on one side. The removable side is attached to a port with a red tape. You will also find an LED light to help illuminate your surroundings at night.
- At the bottom, you will find a charging port and a battery level indicator. This indicator will go from green to orange to red depending on the charge. There is also another air vent at the bottom.
Also Check out: Best Xiaomi Speakers 2023 | Xiaomi Bluetooth Speakers Review
Function and Use
The Xiaomi portable air pump will automatically turn on once you remove one end of the tube. If you want to turn it back off all you have to do is place it back into the port. This device will also automatically turn off if there is not operated from the user’s side within three minutes.
Once you remove the tube, you simply have to attach the pin and the adapter if necessary and screw it onto the valve of the tire. Once attached to the tire, it will automatically display the current pressure with an error margin of + or – 2PSI. This pump can reach a pressure limit of 150 PSI and can easily fill up a car tire in under 15 minutes.
You have the option to choose the type of tire you want to fill and let the electric pump automatically fill the air for you or you can pre-set values and customize your tire pressure. When the device is pumping in the air it tends to heat up a bit. Especially when it’s compressing the air.
You can start/stop the compressor by clicking on the middle button. You can increase or decrease the air pressure by clicking on the top or bottom button. It is recommended you know the correct/optimal pressure of your tire. In case you don’t, you can click on the right button to scroll between four modes.
Each mode is meant for a different type of tire. Specially: a car tire, a motorcycle tire, a bicycle tire, and a sports ball. The button on the left will activate the LED light to help illuminate the surroundings. You can also select the type of pressure as well. You can switch between PSI, bar, or KPA.
- Product Dimensions – 124mm x 71mm 45.3mm
- Product Weight – 439g
- Materials – ABS Plastic
- Color – Matte Black
- Inflation Pressure Range – 0.2-10 bar/ 3-160 PSI/ 20-995 kPa
- Sensor Accuracy – ±2%
- Noise Level – Less than 80dB at a distance of 1 meter
- Battery – 7.4V 2000 mAh Cell
- Charging Parameter – 5V=2A
- Charging Time – Less than 3 Hrs
- It has an LED screen and Light at the bottom to help you fill air at night.
- It’s lithium battery can last for a long duration without running out of charge. In fact, it can easily fill 5 tires before it runs out.
- The device itself is extremely comfortable when it comes to usage. It compressor air and dissipates heat. So, it won’t feel hot when your holding it.
- The American Air Tap and the French Adapter ensure that it is compatible with majority of the tires nozzles in world.
- Not only it is compact and portable but it also comes with a portable pouch to help carry it around with ease.
- It can help you figure out the current pressure of a tire and even help you pre-set a pressure value and fill air accordingly.
- This is a multi-purpose pump that can fill car tires, motorcycle tires, bikes tires and even soccer balls.
Xiaomi Portable Air Pump Review – Final Thoughts
The Xiaomi Portable Air Pump is definitely worth the price. Hell, I would have paid a bit more, to be honest. This device is a necessity.
Form pump air to check pressure values is a must-have device. Especially if you travel long distances. The best part is that this device is extremely versatile and can be used on not just cars but also bikes and motorcycles.
It comes with an American Air Tap and a French adapter. So, it can virtually be used for any car tire in the world. It also comes with various modes and amazing battery life. It can easily fill 5 tires before it runs out of charge.
Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Compressor 1 vs 2 | Which One’s Better?
When it comes to portable air compressors, Xiaomi offers two stellar options – the Mi Portable Air Compressor 1 and its successor, the Mi Portable Air Compressor 2. Both are crafted for convenience and ease of use, featuring a digital display, versatile adapters, and prolonged battery life. However, distinct characteristics set them apart.
Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Compressor 1:
- Output: 7 L/min
- Pressure range: 0.2 – 10.3 bar / 3 – 150 psi
- Battery life: 7.5 hours
- Dimensions: 124 x 71 x 45.3 mm
- Weight: 430 g
Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Compressor 2:
- Output: 18 L/min
- Pressure range: 0.2 – 10.3 bar / 3 – 150 psi
- Battery life: 10 hours
- Dimensions: 123 x 75.5 x 45.8 mm
- Weight: 490 g
Undoubtedly, the Mi Portable Air Compressor 2 outshines its predecessor with a higher output, promising swift tire inflation. It also boasts an extended battery life. However, it is marginally bulkier and heavier.
Aside from output and battery life, several other factors differentiate the two models. The Mi Portable Air Compressor 2 features a new quick-release end, simplifying attachment to standard valves. Additionally, it sports a slightly larger display, providing real-time updates on current and target tire pressure.
Ultimately, the choice boils down to your specific needs. For those prioritizing speed and power, the Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Compressor 2 emerges as the superior option. Conversely, if a more compact and lightweight design is your preference, the Xiaomi Mi Portable Air Compressor 1 remains an excellent choice.
How does the Xiaomi Portable Pump work?
The Xiaomi Portable Pump doesn’t have a power button, so to make it work, you have to remove the gas tube to turn on the pump. To turn off the pump, put the gas tube back inside. The pump will automatically power down if there is no activity for 3 minutes.
How do I know my Xiaomi Portable Pump is fully charged?
When the Xiaomi Portable Pump is charging, the LED indicator at the bottom of the pump will blink white. When the pump is fully charged, the light will stop blinking and will be solid white light. The LED indicator shows the following colors when you are away from a power source,
White: More than 50% charge left.
Orange: 20 to 50% charge left.
Red: Less than 20% charge left.
How long does the Xiaomi Portable Pump take to fill the air?
The Xiaomi Portable Pump takes about 6 minutes to fill a car tire and just 3 minutes to fill a bicycle tire with air. The Xiaomi Portable Pump charges from 0-100% in under 3 hours.
Is the Xiaomi Portable Air Pump Worth it?
Yes, the Xiaomi portable air pump is well worth its price. It is compatible with almost all tires in the world and is extremely versatile. You can use it to fill car tires, motorcycle tires, bike tires, and even soccer balls. Not only does it provide you with the pressure value of a tire. It can help you set the pressure requirement and fill it up accordingly. It has a brilliant battery life and can easily last till you fill up 5 tires. Check out our Xiaomi Portable Air Pump Review for all the details.
- How to make your Xiaomi Scooter Faster
- Best Xiaomi Scooter
- What Does Xiaomi Game Turbo Do? An Efficient Performance Enhancer Explained
Say Yes to Xiaomi! I am one of the BIG FAN to Xiaomi Products. I can’t resist the things they created or partner within their ecosystem. So my advice to you is “JUST BUY LAH”!
Table of Contents