Xiaomi Smart Heater
The Xiaomi Smart Heater, Rated!
- Design and Size
- Room Heating Capacity
- App Use
- Function and Utility
User Review( votes)
Air Conditioners are spoken about at length, but radiators don’t get their due credit. They keep us warm and cozy when it’s blisteringly cold outside. Xiaomi comes to the rescue again with it’s smart radiator. How smart can you make a radiator? With Xiaomi, you never know!
Let’s check out the Xiaomi smart radiator latest price and review.
Xiaomi Smartmi Electric Heater
In the Box
Inside the box, you will find the radiator, the legs that the radiator stands on and screws to tighten the base.
Coming to the design of the radiator, it’s a pretty lean appliance, that is not bulky at all. It sticks to the end of the room without taking too much space. This is unlike many other radiators in the market, which are super bulky and takes up too much. Coming to the measurements, the length of the radiator is 68cm and the height is 44 cms. The width is barely 9cms and the entire width of the base including the legs is 20 cms.
When it comes to the device’s quality, it has a super strong build and there are two grooves to the sides that makes it easy to carry. The best part? Even when the device is hot, you won’t feel the heat on the side grooves. It weighs about 6.8kgs which is not much for your average human, but if you don’t go around lifting weights, this might be slightly heavy for you.
On the right side, there is a touch display with which you can operate the radiator and there is a physical switch that you can turn on/off.
Function and Use
Firstly, you will need to install the radiator. You have to use a screwdriver to attach the screws to the legs which gets connected to the radiator. Now coming to the specifications.
- It is a convection heater
- It has a 1600W power
- It’s water resistant too, with an IPX4 rating. This doesn’t mean you can douse it in water, but a few spills here and there will not affect the device.
- It’s temperature ranges from 16 degrees to 32 degrees. So what this means is, if you are sitting in a room with the outside temperature being 0, you can immediately make it a tropical climate within your room by going to about 32 degrees. This might not work as great in extreme cold conditions where it goes – 10 or – 15
- So what about the heating area? You can heat an area of 10 to 15 square meters, but this is just a ballpark. You can heat up a room easily that is 20 square meters. This is clearly built for a bedroom and it works perfectly for rooms of that size
- You can control it using the touch display on the device or the Mi Home app
- It has Wifi connectivity too at a 2.4 GHz bandwidth
- There is a provision for a child lock, which makes it a great device when kids are around
- It has a standard 3 pin plug
How does it work
The touch display is pretty useful. It shows the current room temperature, wifi connectivity, humidity setting, the timer, the display on/off button, and temperature increase/decrease button. You can also set the brightness of the display. If you don’t like using your phone for everything, then this display will take care of everything. A very necessary addition for people who just want to control the temperature without having to touch their phone.
If you want to set up the initial settings of the heater without having to touch the display, you can do so with the Mi Home app.
The app is pretty nifty and you can use it to change the temperature in a matter of seconds without having to move from wherever you are. You can use the app to control the brightness of the display, to change the temperature and to set the timer.
You can also set up a child lock, where the touch display won’t work and you will get a message when the device is being touched repeatedly. There are numerous automation features that you can setup that will make your life easy.
When you take away all the smart features and the Wifi, this is still a radiator that works really well. The material and build-quality is fantastic that is a testament to Xiaomi’s capabilities. The heating is pretty impressive and it heats very quickly. It just takes a matter of minutes to make your room warm. One small issue is, the top area might get really warm, so if it’s in a main hall or in front of people, you might burn your hand by mistake. Unlike other radiators, you cannot cover this ventilator with any clothes or towels you want
- It’s lightweight and can be easily carried
- Heats super quickly and has a wide range
- Can heat a big bedroom with ease
- The touch display is awesome
- Can burn your hand if you touch the vent
Also Read :