The best smart speaker on Aliexpress?
Store Name: Mi homes store
Store Description: This smart store houses all sorts of unbelievable products ranging from smart home appliances like smart alarm clocks to USB rechargeable wireless water pump. Yup, you read that right.
Price range: $10 - $30
Touch Screen Sensor
Xiaomi Smart Screen Touch Speaker
Xiaomi Smart Screen Touch Speaker, Rated!
User Review( vote)
Xiaomi has been in the speaker business for quite a long time, almost a decade. Year after year they’ve made numerous speakers in the past that perform a single function. However, with the Touch Screen Smart Speaker, Xiaomi has changed the game. It’s a remarkable device with amazing functionality. Check out our Xiaomi Touch Screen Smart Speaker Latest Price and Review for all the details.
This Xiaomi smart speaker is equipped with so many features that it actually can’t be categorized as a simple speaker. For example, you can do some really amazing things with this device like control your smart lights, watch tv, call other people inside your hours through the Mi app and of course listen to music.
Unlike other Bluetooth speakers, this device is very multipurpose with a bunch of features. Here’s the Xiaomi Touch Screen Smart Speaker Latest Price and Review. Let’s find out if it’s worth it or not.
|Xiaomi Touch Screen Smart Speaker|
|Model||AI Touch Screen Version (FJ02MLWJ)|
|Battery||AA LR6 1.5V|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 2.4GHz, 433MHz RF/ Bluetooth 5.0|
|Transmission distance||10 metres|
|OS||Android 4.4 or iOS 9.0 or above version|
|Working temperature||0 to 45℃|
|IR light||4pcs 850nm|
|Executive standard||GB/T 31070|
XiaoAI Touch Screen Speaker Box
Inside the Box
Like most of Xiaomi’s products, the Xiaomi Smart Speaker comes in a sturdy white cardboard box. On the box, you’ll find a photograph of the Xiaomi Touch Screen Smart Speaker. Immediately after opening the box, you’ll find:
- The Xiaomi smart speaker
- Charging adapter
- Instruction manual
The charging adapter is a Chinese two-pin power adapter. So, you will ideally need to use it with a converter. Fortunately, this device works pretty well with any micro-USB cable. So, powering it up shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
Design and Specs
The Xiaomi smart speaker is pretty tiny and very cute, it can fit anywhere without any hassles. And it is definitely compact enough to carry around the house.
- It’s completely white in color barring the touch screen of course. The minimalistic design and color scheme is similar to all products in the Xiaomi Ecosystem. Like all Xiaomi products, you’ll notice that this smart speaker easily blends into any environment without standing out.
- The Xiaomi Touch Screen Smart Speaker has dimensions of 8.2 cms in height, 11.3 cms in width and 7 cms in breadth. So, it’s actually smaller in size than you’d think. However, you don’t need to be concerned as the size doesn’t affect the quality of the sound and touch screen is big enough to provide a decent user experience.
- The front of the Xiaomi smart speaker has a 3.9-inch display which is a multi-touch display, which has an 800 X 480-pixel resolution.
- At the bottom, you’ll find the speaker and a speaker grille. On top of the device, you will find the volume controls and the power button as well.
The back of the device has a micro-USB port. As mentioned earlier, you can pretty much use any micro-USB cable in case you’re located in an area where the Chinese 2-pin adapter isn’t supported.
- It weighs 272 grams, which is super light
- The audio is a 1.5-inch full-range speaker
- It can be connected through Wifi 2.4Ghz
- It also supports Bluetooth 5.0
Function and Use
The question that arises in everybody’s mind is what does the Xiaomi Smart Speaker do? Before we get to that, here are the steps to set up the device:
- You can set it up using the Mi Home App but using the Xiaomi AI app is recommended.
- Once you turn on the device, you get to see a video of the capabilities of the Xiaomi Smart Screen Speaker.
- You can change the clock face on the screen.
- There are different designs.
- You can also add your own photos to the smart speaker to use as a background.
Now let’s get to the main use.
- Once you set it up, the device will play a video of all the things it can do. So, be sure to pay attention to it. Generally, this Xiaomi smart speaker has multiple screens that it can display. The initial screen is a clock which comes with a bunch of different layouts.
- You can also send multiple photos to the device and set it as a background. And the cool part its that the device will rotate through the background photos.
- In order to access the main menu all you need to do is swipe down from the top of the screen. You’ll find an interface that will allow you to not only control display settings but also access device settings such as microphone settings and most importantly it’ll allow you to access the Home screen.
- With the Xiaomi Smart Speaker, you have access to various videos through iTV a popular streaming service. Of course, you can also play music and access the internet.
- Since, this is AI equipped smart speaker. You can control all the functions and features buy giving the device voice commands.
Now, what really sets this speaker apart from the rest is that you can use this device to control the various smart home devices in the Xiaomi ecosystem. Basically, if you have a Xiaomi enabled house, then you can literally tell this device to control your lights, fans, turn on the AC, monitor the video camera, control the Xiaomi Doorbell and so on.
The mi smart display is 4-inches and has space for a custom digital clock. The resolution is 720p and of course touch-enabled.
- The display can be used to select music and watch videos and a variety of apps can be installed on the device.
This is ultimately a speaker and the truth be told, the speaker is not as good as it can be. Older Xiaomi speakers that have focused only on the speaker aspect and not the display aspect have performed much better in terms of sound. The Xiaomi Smart Speaker is a bit sub-par when it comes to sound.
- But, it does have some unique feature such as a music library. So you will have a decent collection of music and of course, you can always connect to internet radio stations. And an important feature is the fact that it also functions as an alarm clock.
This is a bit of a bummer for non-Chinese speakers. For those who speak Mandarin, you can control the device with the voice feature that lets you play music among other things.
- You can choose the various music options through the mi speaker app. You always have the option to mute the microphone, if you don’t want the device to listen to you.
For people who have a lot of Xiaomi gateway devices, then the Xiaomi smart speaker is a fantastic addition. You can easily control various devices through the Xiaomi Smart Speaker. I especially love the display and the speaker which adds a new dimension to the device.
- Instead of having just a one-dimensional product like a speaker, you can have a clock, speaker, and display device, all built into one. For a lot of people, I understand, this might not be a great value addition to their lives and that is where it gets difficult to talk about the benefits of it.
- AI Face Identification.
- Motion Detection and SMS Video Push.
- Infrared Night Vision.
- Free Cloud Video Storage.
- The Mi smart display has 720P HD Resolution.
- Real-time Talking.
- Support up to 4 users connect at the same time.
- Transmitter range is more than 50 meters.
- Can be connected to a universal Bluetooth speaker as a receiver.
- The mi speaker app is multipurpose allowing you to control all Xiaomi smart devices.
The first thing that jumps at you is the lack of English language support. This is the biggest problem of Xiaomi, that they need to rectify quickly. They have all these international users who are dying to get Xiaomi products in their hands, only to find out that the device works only with Mandarin. Not only is touch screen text in Mandarin, even the Xiaomi speaker’s Ai cannot understand a lick of English.
There might be a firmware update for English users in the near future.
Coming to the device itself.
- It’s a pretty cool device that has multipurpose features: display cum speakers and a clock, all built-in one.
- It’s pretty petite and it’s easy to use as well.
- I wouldn’t consider this product an absolute must buy, but at least it follows up on the services it claims it provides.
- The most important feature is the fact you would be able to connect to all of your Mi smart home gadgets with this device. So, if somebody rings your bell you can just tap on the screen and look at the person ringing the bell provided you have the smart doorbell. It’s a pretty cool and convenient feature.
With this device, you can watch the news, weather, read books and listen to music. You can of course also control your smart house from your bed with this device. Although not super great when it comes to music and sound its still an unbelievably convenient product to have. The multi-purpose nature alone is worth the buy.
- The Mi smart display is fantastic and is one of the most innovative speakers there
- The sound system is pretty reasonable
- It’s small and it’s very easy to use
- It connects with a variety of Xiaomi devices and makes it a hub to control these devices
- The use case for this device isn’t clear
- Does not support the English Language
Do I need the Xiaomi Touch Screen?
To be honest, the average person wouldn’t need a Xiaomi touch screen. It does a little bit of everything, but not one thing completely and that’s the biggest problem. However, the touch screen does make your life a whole easier. everything is just a tap away. You watch tv, play music, read books and the touch screen makes this very simple.
If I had to use the Xiaomi touch screen for something, what would it be?
Ultimately it can be a small device with which you can put your child to sleep without a tablet to distract them. This is the biggest use case I see, apart from watching videos and listening to music.
Press and hold the middle button/ start button for around 2 seconds till the screen brightens up. Charging the device before you do it for the first time wouldn’t hurt. The Xiaomi’s smart speaker’s can automatically connect to your device through Bluetooth. So turn it on. And you can sync it to the Mi Home app and control ist features.
The smart features of these speakers exist primarily to make your life easier. There are convenient and are extremely useful. For example, with the Xiaomi smart speaker, you can watch the news, read books, play music and control all the other Xiaomi smart devices in your house. So, you could tell the speaker to dim your lights as you go to sleep.
Also Read :