Every now and then I stumble across a completely out of this world product from Xiaomi and I end up falling in love it. That’s pretty much what happened to me when I found out they have a technological replacement for the “Candle”. The most amazing but isn’t just the elegant build but it’s the light temperature and features that emulate the candle to even the flickering. Check out our Xiaomi Yeelight Candela Latest Price and Preview for all the details.
This portable tech candle from Xiaomi’s Yeelight has a unique design which is quite beautiful, to be honest. With a warm light that elevates the ambience, this device is perfect when it comes to setting the mood. And like all Xiaomi Yeelight smart lights, it can be controlled through a companion app remotely.
So, let’s get to it, shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Yeelight Candela Latest Price and Preview.
After using the Xiaomi Yeelight Candela for over 1.5 years and having put it through various amounts of stress tests, I can say that this one of the best lamps in the market. I reviewed it based on factors like design, functionality, features, longevity and price. And I found out that:
The Xiaomi Yeelight Candela is one best portable smart lamps in its segment. It has an advanced light filament that emits warm light of 1800K that can help elevate the ambience. This filament is protected by a sturdy poly-carbonate exterior. Not only is the design of this device elegant but it also has extremely useful features such as IoT control and Bluetooth Mesh technology. It is equipped with has a battery of 2100 mAh which can last for 8 hours on a single charge.
Xiaomi Yeelight Candela Review
Inside the Box
The Xiaomi Yeelight Candela comes in a standard white cardboard box like all Xiaomi devices. On the box, you’ll find an image of the device itself. On the sides, you’ll find some technical information. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- The Yeelight Candela Itself
- A micro-USB cable to charge the device
- And an instruction manual
First things first. The design of the Yeelight Candela is pretty awesome. It’s long, cylindrical, beautiful looking and reminiscent of a candle. You can easily carry it and it has a knob on top that can be turned to increase or decrease the luminosity of the light. Most importantly, this lamp is a great alternative for both lamps and old school candles as its somewhat of a fusion between both.
- It weighs about 430 grams, which is not too light and at the same time, not too heavy. It is 72mm in width and 195mm in height.
- Now a lot of people when they see the Yeelight Candela for the first time, they see a glass encasing and wonder when that will break. But the thing is, Xiaomi is smart, they’ve used a transparent poly-carbonate housing that looks like glass and looks super post.
- The exterior metal portion is made of aluminium and is quite nice the touch. The matte feel also helps grip the Yeelight Candela and prevent it from easily slipping. The polycarbonate gals casing houses another cylindrical metal piece which in turn house the light element. Underneath the base is where the USB port is and also a switch to turn the light on and off.
Function and Use
Coming to the setup and use. Like most Xiaomi products, the Yeelight Candela also works with the Yeelight smartphone app. You can use the app to turn the light on and off, you can control the brightness. But this works only when you are in Bluetooth range. To use the app, you’ll need to connect the Bluetooth on the Candela to your phone to control the settings. This is honestly a bit poor. Unless my home is really huge or I’m incapacitated, there is no point in keeping this option.
- If you want a natural candlelight effect at your house, then you can turn on the ‘candle’ feature by twisting the knob on top anti-clockwise and clockwise, quickly. It has 6.5 watts of power and there is a brilliant 2100 mAh battery enclosed within that can power the Yeelight Candela for about 8 hours on a single charge, which is pretty epic.
- A lot of people had a concern about the luminosity of the Yeelight Candela. It has a 1800k light temperature. This light temperature is actually the closest to a candle. The emitted light is extremely warm and pleasant and elevates the mood. Perfect if you’re in the mood for a romantic evening.
- It is not waterproof, so you need to ensure that it stays away from water.
- Another cool feature that Xiaomi has added is the Bluetooth inter-meshing between these devices. This means if you have two of these Yeelight Candelas and if you control one, the other one mimics the brightness level and settings level.
- So if you have five or ten of these at your home, you can easily connect all of them together and control them simultaneously. You can have some pretty cool effects with this and it also works brilliantly as a prop or an ambient improving light in places like a spa or a reception etc.
- So let’s talk about the actual function, Lighting. The lighting is not too much. This is not meant to remove darkness, this is meant to make the darkness more bearable. It’s ambient light. So if you are looking to set the tone for a nice romantic evening or just have a nice warm tone at home, then this will work wonders.
- As I mentioned earlier, the app control is pretty weak and I feel like Xiaomi has added this feature just because they add it to all their other products and did not want to ignore this device. But it plays no role. Although the app does give you remote access to some settings like brightness and timer, it doesn’t let you access important settings like flicker settings.
- The flicker mode is a mode designed to emulate the flickering of a candle. To activate this mode, you have to twist the light in one direction and quickly turn it in the opposite direction. Unfortunately, this mode can’t be activated through the app.
- The Yeelight Candela is not a lamp that you need for light, it’s a light that you need to set the mood and make your home look beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.
When it comes to the performance, the Yeelight Candela is downright brilliant. I’ve used it for almost a year and a half now and haven’t run into any issues. So, Long term performance is pretty solid. The device itself is quite sturdy so it doesn’t even wear out easily. Most importantly, its light filament lasts for a really long time.
- With regards to the real-time performance, there’s really no issues. In fact, it’s on the higher end of lamps when coming to the real-time capabilities. This Yeelight Candela has a 2100 mAh Battery that lasts for about 8 hours on a single charge of two hours. Of course, you can use the device while charging. So, it’s actually pretty seamless.
- The 8-hour battery life is only applicable when the lamp isn’t connected to the phone or other Candelas via Bluetooth. Bluetooth will sap the charge and reduce the battery life to about 5-6 hours.
- Although the battery life is reduced due to the Bluetooth, it’s definitely worth it. The BLE mesh technology can help you create a network of up to 30000 Yeelight Candelas. Yup. So, you can essentially hook up 30000 candelas together and the best part is the that you can control all of them by changing the settings on one device.
- For example, if you adjust the intensity of brightness by twisting the top portion of one Candela, all the Candelas will match the same brightness. All in all, it’s a device that’s worth every penny.
Xiaomi Yeelight Candela Latest Price and Preview – Final thoughts
To summarize, the Yeelight Candela is not meant for shining light. It’s meant to be an ambient light that looks good. Coming to the design of the Candela, it’s really beautiful and looks splendid and will make your home look great. The lighting’s varying brightness levels makes it awesome to use in different circumstances.
The battery life of the Yeelight Candela is pretty awesome with over 8 hours of life. The knob on top makes it easy to control the brightness. The app is a pretty big let down. Overall, this is a cool product to have around your house, especially great for romantic dinners.
- Beautiful design
- Awesome knob to control the brightness levels
- Amazing battery life
- The candle effect is pretty awesome
- Very poor app experience
Is the Yeelight Candela Worth it?
Yes, the Yeelight Candela is definitely worth it. Not only does it have a sturdy and beautiful design but it also has light features that make it an extremely amazing lamp. It also had fantastic features like BLE mesh technology that make it one of the most advanced lamps in the market. Most importantly, it’s extremely affordable at just 35$. Check it out our Xiaomi Yeelight Candela Latest Price and Preview for all the details.
- Automate Your Kitchen With this Amazing Infrared Faucet Sensor
- This Smart Kettle Can Come in Handy When Your Traveling
- This Smart Heater is Perfect for Compact Spaces
Check out our Yeelight Candela Price and Review!
Product SKU: YC10020
Product Brand: Yeelight
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $99
Price Valid Until: 2021-12-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents