Robot Vacuums are autonomous devices that have been designed with one sole purpose; to clean. Yes, the world is changing and it is this change that makes us want to find alternative methods to getting work done without having to break a sweat. Robot Vacuums are ideal for the busy mother who has almost no time to clean the house after packing her kids off to school or for the lazy bachelor who’d like to lay back and let technology take over. Check out our list of the Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum for all the details.
Ever since the introduction of the popular Roomba, there is no denying the rise in sales of robot vacuums, partly because they’re dependable and are efficient at what they are programmed to do, but also because they are affordable and quite easy to maintain. Xiaomi launched its first Robot vacuum in 2016 and has never looked back. In fact, they’ve been developing a range of smart vacuums/robot vacuums ever since. These latest gadgets have become a must-have in every smart home.
This article will take you through the best Xiaomi Robot Vacuums in the market and we’ll get into their features and prices, making it easier for you to choose the most appropriate robot vacuum.
After having reviewed all the Xiaomi Robot Vacuums in the market based on various factors like design, performance, features, function, effectiveness, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 6 that really stood out. These 6 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum is the Roborock s5. This exceptional device is not only a vacuum cleaner but it also functions as a mop. With a combination of a powerful suction power and a water tank to get rid of stubborn stains, you can expect this device to clean your house effectively. Additionally, it can last for 120 minutes on a single charge which is more than enough time to clean the house. Most importantly, it’s running on autopilot.
- Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum
- #1 — Roborock s5
- #2 — Roborock s6
- #3 — Roborock 2
- #4 — Xiaowa e35 / Roborock E35
- #5 — Xiaowa e20 / Roborock E20
- #6 — Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P
Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum
#1 — Roborock s5
The Roborock S5 is a multi-talented robot vacuum laden with a large battery, decent suction power and adequate mopping capabilities making it an all-round good robot vacuum. The S5 has been engineered to deliver a seamless mopping and vacuuming experience. It is one of the Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum.
- This vacuum cleaner allows the user to set certain tasks and challenges via the App and with the help of its laser mapping and advanced navigation you’ll have a clean room in no time.
- The S5 houses a 140ml smart water tank and an internal dustbin that can hold up to 460ml of debris syphoned from the floor. A 5200mAh battery powering the device allows you to clean for up to 120 minutes before the S5 automatically returns to the charging dock for a quick recharge.
A notable mention is that the S5 allows you to set different suction power and water volume to be used in different rooms.
The Xiaomi Roborock s5 has numerous features primarily added so as to make the user experience all the more easier. The S5 needs to be the host of a variety of sensors for it to fall into the category of smart robot vacuums. These sensors help direct the vacuum around the house without having it bump into obstacles along the way.
- The Wall sensors and Anti Collision sensors help prevent the device from damage or accidently tipping something over while cleaning.
- The LDS or the laser distance sensor helps map the room so the device knows where to start and where to stop, effectively cleaning the entire room without you having to move.
- The S5 has a cliff sensor embedded within that gives the robot vacuum the understanding that there’s a drop ahead or a flight of stairs in front of it, thus making it turn the other way.
- The gyro and accelerometer in the S5 provide direction and stability to it while cleaning, this helps the device learn the terrain making it easier to get the job done.
Being a smart home appliance, the S5 has a variety of modes to choose from depending on the type of flooring or the speed at which you want the robot vacuum to work.
- Carpet Mode allows the S5 to regulate its speed accordingly to get rid of even the tiniest strands of hair or dust that are tangled within the carpet.
- Quiet Mode reduces the overall output of the device making it softer on the ears and is ideal if you want to take a nap simultaneously.
- Mopping Mode works in tandem with the vacuum and you can program the S5 to vacuum the dust while mopping the floor at the same time.
- Turbo Mode works when it’s time to get the job done. Turning on turbo mode gets the robot vacuum all energized to complete the task at hand in little to no time.
Above all, the S5 works with the help of an App that can be downloaded from the Play Store or the App Store and allows you to basically set commands for the S5 to follow. You will have the ability to schedule the clean-up time, save the layout of the room in the form of a map that’s relayed to the robot vacuum, choose areas of the room that you don’t want to clean or only those you wish to have cleaned.
The App even acts as a remote control to make changes to the S5’s conditioning while it is working
|Dust Box Capacity||460ml|
|Water Tank Capacity||140ml|
|Floor Types||Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Marble Floor, Shag Carpet, Tile Floor, Wood Floor|
#2 — Roborock s6
The Roborock S6 is an impressive robot vacuum with a wide array of features and functions to get the job done. Powered by a large 5200mAh battery, the S6 is able to clean a complete room in no more than 15 minutes while each charge lasts for about 2 hours of continuous cleaning.
The S6 has the same design as the S5 except that the S6 has a small turret on top that houses the omni-directional laser, helping it navigate and map its environment.
The Roborock s6 has a few notable features, some of them are:
- The Adaptive Routing Algorithm enables the s6 to learn the shape and layout of each room including the placement of obstacles in the room/home making it a faster and more accurate cleanup.
- An Intense suction of 2000Pa is strong enough to lift all types of dust on the floor and from deep within carpet fibres.
- The large Battery powering the s6 is a whopping 5200 mAh and can provide upto 3 hours of continuous vacuuming.
- The Multiple sensors embedded within the S6 help make cleaning up the room easy; with up to 14 powerful sensors, the s6 is able to navigate the home thoroughly.
- These sensors include a precision accuracy laser range finder to measure the distance from between obstacles in the room, an infra-red cliff sensor that constantly scans for drops such as stairs, a carpet sensor that triggers a power boost on carpets, and many others.
|Dust Box Capacity||480 ml|
|Cleaning Area||250 square meters|
|Effective Floor types||Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Marble Floor, Shag Carpet, Tile Floor, Wood Floor|
#3 — Roborock 2
The Roborock 2 is a second-generation 2 in one smart robot vacuum cleaner. It was designed to have the ability to plan it’s route in accordance with the layout of the room and is even capable of mopping right after vacuuming the room.
- The Roborock 2 has a high powered suction force of 2000Pa that is adequate to remove dirt and dust from the floor. Coupled with a 5200mAh battery, it has one goal; to get the job done.
The Roborock 2 has a turret at the top which houses the laser distance sensor to direct it around the house. The Roborock 2 is designed to be small and compact and can reach places a traditional mop can’t.
This device has been considered as a smart robot vacuum thanks to the number of sensors Xiaomi has used in it, the battery backup, connectivity and ability to vacuum and mop at the same time.
- With Smart Scan this beast carefully plans out its path to follow, memorises the layout of the home and individual rooms and cleans all corners.
- Using the WiFi connectivity the Roborock 2 can be paired with your mobile phone via the App for a more convenient feel and allows you to automatically setup your cleaning and charging tasks.
- A Powerful 2000 Pa suction guarantees a 99% cleaner room, with a brushless motor and a V-shaped floating roller brush all churning out noise less than 55db making this model ideal for a quick and quiet cleanup.
- The Roborock 2 houses a large 5200 mAh Battery that can power the device to clean up to 250 square meters on a single charge.
|Suction Power||2000 Pa|
|Working Time||2.5 Hours|
|Cleaning Mode||Suction, Sweep, Mop|
#4 — Xiaowa e35 / Roborock E35
The Xiaowa e35 from Roborock is an efficient and intelligent robot vacuum. With a large battery capacity of 5200mAh, the e35 offers 2.5 hours of non-stop cleaning. The e35 comes pre-loaded with multiple modes for a range of surfaces and time of the day.
- Getting hurt by the e35 is going to be the least of your worries as it’s programmed to automatically detect objects in front of it and to reduce its speed.
The e35 is a vacuum cum mop that works simultaneously and can be controlled via an App that is available on the Play store and App store.
You may wonder, what makes the Xiaowa e35 an ideal choice. The reason it is on the list of best Xiaomi Robot Vacuums is due to the fact that it’s loaded with features for every situation.
- The e35 has a Tangle free design that is meant to prevent the device’s wheels and brushes from getting caught up with each other. This helps in reducing the amount of maintenance you’d have to carry out or the time taken to do so.
- The feature that stands out is Gentle Bumping. The e35 will automatically slow down before bumping into any obstacles thanks to the pre-programmed sensors embedded in the device.
- The E11 filter used in the e35 is a Washable Filter and can eliminate 99.2% dust so it can be used for longer periods of time without the need for a replacement.
- With Auto-Recharge On, if the battery on the e35 is running low, it will stop in its tracks and return to the charging hub to recharge, then carry on from where it left off.
The e35 is loaded with Multiple sensors which help in cleaning complicated areas, avoid stairs, and even recharges itself.
Based on the time of the day or speed at which you need the room cleaned or even the simplest floor type, the e35 comes pre-loaded with Multiple cleaning modes for quicker and more efficient cleaning. The Quiet, Turbo, Balanced, Max, Carpet and Mopping modes let you make the best of the situation at the touch of a button.
|Climbing Ability||2 Cm|
|Map Building Feature||Pixel Mapping|
#5 — Xiaowa e20 / Roborock E20
The Roborock E20 is an affordable version of the Roborock s5. The main difference between the two is that the E20 uses an inertial navigation system with the help of gyroscopes and optical motion tracking sensors as compared to the laser navigation system in the s5.
The E20 weighs in at around 3kg and measures at 13.9 inches in diameter and 3.6 inches in height. The E20 is powered by a 2600mAh battery which provides ample amount of energy for a thorough cleanup.
Being one of the most powerful budget robot vacuums, the E20 has some notable features which have made it one of the best in the market.
- With the help of the gyroscope and navigation algorithms, the E20 performs a methodical manner of cleaning and achieves the desired result in no time.
- The E20 boasts Easy Mopping, all you have to do is snap on the mop underneath the vacuum and let it do the rest.
- With a suction power of 1800Pa, the E20 guarantees Thorough cleaning and can pull off even the hairs and dust lodged in the carpets. The large dustbox that can hold upto 640ml does not have to be cleaned quite often.
- The E20 can be controlled via the App and by Voice Control. The App allows you to start/stop cleanups, schedule cleanups, set speed and suction strength.
|Charging Time||120 mins|
|Cleaning Mode||Sweep & Mop|
|Navigation System||Gyrospere, inertial navigation system|
#6 — Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P
Named one of the worlds most affordable robot vacuum, the vacuum-mop P is equipped with loads of great features to help vacuum and mop the floor. The Vacuum-Mop P is a next gen robot vacuum from Xiaomi.
- It uses an LDS (laser navigation system) to guide itself around the house and map rooms accurately. The Vacuum-Mop P has a 2 in one vacuum and mopping function that gets double the work done in half the time, literally.
Weighing in at 3.6kg, the vacuum-mop P is compact and lightweight, thus making it easier to store when not in use.
The vacuum-mop P is a piece of work and has a range of sensors that help it accomplish its task at hand. Powered by 12 sets of highly accurate sensors, the vacuum-mop P is able to accurately visualize its surroundings, make accurate navigation and even climb over obstacles up to 2cm high.
The battery on the vacuum-mop P is a 3200mAh Li-polymer battery that makes life easier by getting more work done and spending less time charging it.
- A New Navigation system in the E20 enables the Vacuum-Mop P to read and learn how the room looks for an effective cleaning.
- With a 200ml Smart Water tank that is electronically controlled, the vacuum-mop P prevents water from leaking onto the floor while cleaning.
- The High suction of 2500Pa with the help of the new Japanese NIDEC engine, the vacuum-mop P has a suction capacity that’s stronger than most other premium robot vacuum cleaners.
- The vacuum-mop P is an easy to use robot vacuum that can be controlled via the Mobile App. With the App, you can schedule your cleaning, monitor the cleaning progress and utilize a variety of modes for the different types of surfaces.
|Cleaning Mode||Sweep & Mop|
How to choose the best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum cleaner?
When investing in a Robot Vacuum cleaner, there are some important factors that need to be considered. For example:
- When it comes to any vacuum, the most important aspect is the suction power. This is something you really need to consider before investing in a $200 device. If it doesn’t do the job the first time then you might as well take a broom and do it yourself. So, when investing in a Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner make sure to look for something that offers at least a minimum suction power of 2000Pa. Check out our list of the Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum for all the details.
- When investing in a device that’s meant to make your life easier, you should consider all you options. By this I mean the device with the most amount of features would make the most amount of sense. For example, while it is great that a robot vacuum can automatically move around and clean dirt by itself, you can pretty much do the same job in 10 minutes. However, if it also offers to mop up after you, then it’s definitely worth it.
- The battery life is another important factor. The whole point of a robot vacuum is to make your life easier. So, you really don’t want to be charging the device multiple times. Fortunately, the latest robot vacuum cleaners not only last for 120 minutes but it also automatically charges itself. So, you really don’t have to worry too much about it. Check out our list of the Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum for all the details.
Is xiaomi robot vacuum good?
Xiaomi has been in the vacuum cleaning industry for a while now and has designed some splendid products that meet your everyday needs. There are amazing products to choose from and The robot vacuums of our time have been receiving slow but steady upgrades to the way they function. It is an ideal part of our day to day life and we hope that this article helps you pick the most appropriate robot vacuum from Xiaomi. Check out our list of the Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum for all the details.
- Check out the thorough review of the Xiaomi Roborock Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- These Xiaomi Humidifiers are a must-have
- The Xiaomi Walking Pad is perfect for your fitness goals
Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum
Looking for an efficient and convenient way to clean your home? Check out our list of the Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum.
Product SKU: XRV00121
Product Brand: Roborock s5
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $479.99
Price Valid Until: 2021-12-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents