As much as being fit is a personal choice, health is absolutely important. Now, I’m not a fitness freak myself, but I monitor certain changes in my daily life so my lifestyle doesn’t take a toll on my mind and body. So what do I monitor, you may ask? Along with improving my fitness, I monitor the various changes my body is going through. How do I do it? I use the Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2. Check out our “How Xiaomi Scale Works” for all the details.
Xiaomi as a company has carved a niche in the fitness space and this legendary product is basically the company’s poster child when it comes to fitness. The Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2 is an affordable and feature-packed product that does more than read your weight. This great-looking scale can read up to 13 precise data points not limited to weight, body fat percentage, bone mass, muscle mass, and much more. Although these are estimates, it is much more precise than other scales.
- How Xiaomi Scale Works 2020
- Xiaomi Scale 2 – Set up
- Mi Body Composition Scale 2 – Functions
- Mi Smart Scale 2 – Performance
- Xiaomi Mi Body Composition Scale 2 – Key Features
- How Xiaomi Scale Works? – What’s in it for you?
How Xiaomi Scale Works 2020
First things first, the Xiaomi scale looks great. It has the trademark minimalistic Xiaomi design and fits well in any modern home. An added plus is the tempered glass that is easy to clean and maintain. The anti-slip finish feels soft under your feet and you will really like the experience.
- At only 20mm in thickness, the Xiaomi scale is really slim and svelte. This smart body scale has adopted the advanced BIA technology and stainless steel electrode which measures body mass quickly and accurately.
- The Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2 can measure up to 13 types of data. It includes bodyweight, bone mass, visceral fat level, muscle mass, fat rate, body water, basic metabolism, etc.
- The Xiaomi scale estimates your body metrics by using a bio-impedance analysis. The device sends small electrical signals to your feet and estimates your body stats.
Your body’s composition of fat, muscle, and bone is analyzed according to the time taken to complete a circuit. The data is displayed on a simple interface and is pretty clear. The smart body scale is compact and stylish making it a must-own accessory to measure your stats conveniently.
Xiaomi Scale 2 – Set up
- The set up of the Xiaomi scale is fairly simple. All you need to do it flip the scale to find the battery compartment and it insert 4 x AAA sized batteries for power.
- The LED display is hidden and you can’t notice anything until you start using it. When you stand on the device is when you see the numbers in white which adds to the modern design of the Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2.
You can pair the scale with the Mi Fit app and it is lighting fast. The maximum time is 30 seconds but it is much faster than that. Pretty neat. The actual device only shows your weight but you need to pair it with the app to view all other stats.
The Body composition scale 2 is extremely similar to your average bathroom scale in size. However, it is vastly different in terms of design and aesthetics. Xiaomi has maintained the same futuristic and minimal design scheme with this scale as the rest of Its products.
- The scale has a square shape design with rounded-off edges. It also has lines of white glass running across the device. It is also equipped with metal pads that connect to the BioImpedance processor. In the centre of the scale is the MI logo.
- Although the scale looks fragile, it’s actually quite sturdy. At the base of the scale you will find anti-slip feet.
It also has a display that’s hidden underneath the glass surface that won’t appear till you interact with the scale. Once you stand on it, you can see large white characters pop up on the surface of the scale.
Mi Body Composition Scale 2 – Functions
You need to input data like your weight, gender, height, and age on the Mi Fit app.
- The Xiaomi scale syncs the data recorded to the Mi Fit app. The reading is then used to calculate the other metrics that include BMI, body water, metabolic rate, etc.
- I would’ve loved the product more if stats like body fat percentage could be shown on the device itself than having to whip out my mobile phone every time. It certainly is one of the Top Xiaomi Home Appliances of 2020.
I have listed out what the smart Xiaomi scale measure and do below:
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Body Fat Percentage
- Bone Mass
- Water percentage in the body
- Muscle Mass
- Physical Age of body
- The protein level in the body
- Visceral Fat
- Balance test
- Suggest ideal weight
- Prepare a body score
Based on all of the above measurements the smart scale assesses of your body size type. In addition to the above stats, the Xiaomi scale prepares a body score that is easily trackable.
Mi Smart Scale 2 – Performance
If you are on the lookout for a smart scale, the Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2 is great value for money. It is a great addition to measure the extra data points apart from weight to gauge your overall progress.
- The G shaped steel sensor is so accurate that it can sense a weight change of even 50g. This gives you an accurate measurement of your body stats. This is really impressive.
- The material used on the top of the device is tempered glass with an anti-slip finish that feels comfortable and soft under your feet. An added bonus is that the tempered glass is easy to clean so your scale looks as good as new.
My only qualm with the Xiaomi scale is that it only shows my weight and for all other data, I have to rely on the app.
Xiaomi Mi Body Composition Scale 2 – Key Features
- The Xiaomi scale is a smart tool to monitor your progress if you are trying to lose body fat. The Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2 can measure up to 13 body stats and that is excellent for the price you pay for the scale.
- With access to your body stats like weight, bone mass, visceral fat level, muscle mass, fat rate, body water, basic metabolism, etc you are always aware of your health index.
- The material used is durable and easy to clean.
- At only 20mm in thickness, the Xiaomi scale is really slim and svelte. The weight is displayed is bold and white making it easier to read.
- The Xiaomi scale prepares a body score that is easily trackable. The minimum weight it can measure is 100gms and it can be used to weigh your intake of protein and carbohydrates.
- The balance test on the device helps you reduce the risk of joint injuries. The scale is accurate to a change of 50gm in your body weight and that is unmatched by other scales in the market.
How Xiaomi Scale Works? – What’s in it for you?
The scale is smart and there is no doubt about it. The ability to have your body stats recorded so easily is what makes the Xiaomi scale so amazing.
- The device only weighs 1.7kgs in case you need to travel with it. The product looks and feels great and the price point is definitely a bonus. The scale is compatible with the Mi app on both iOS and Android platforms.
- I would recommend the Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2 to anyone looking for a smart scale. The fact that it is Bluetooth 5 compatible means it won’t drain the batteries easily.
- The minimum weight the scale measures is 100gm so you can use it to measure parcels, fruits, and vegetables if required. The Xiaomi scale is accurate to a change of 50gm in your body weight and that is really impressive.
- Even though the scale is not 100% accurate in all data aspects, you will surely benefit from monitoring your daily or weekly progress. The display is hidden and the white numbers surely add to the modern design of the scale.
As I have not had my body fat measured in a professional set up, I might not be able to point out how accurate the scale is. But, having used the Xiaomi scale for a month now, I can vouch for how it has motivated me to stay fit and push my boundaries to reach my personal goal in terms of weight.
Is xiaomi scale accurate?
The Xiaomi scale estimates your body metrics by using a bio-impedance analysis. The device sends small electrical signals to your feet and estimates your body stats. Your body’s composition of fat, muscle, and bone is analyzed according to the time taken to complete a circuit. And unfortunately while this sounds amazing, the accuracy isn’t super great.
- Honestly, it would be impossible to measure most of these metrics without some form of invasive procedure. However, it’s not like it’s completely inaccurate either. You can be assured that this Xiaomi Scale 2 can analyze and depict data that is in the vicinity of the actual thing.
- It is important to note that you should use this device as a guide rather than a medical instrument. After all, there aren’t many smart scales out there that can do half the things this device is capable off. Check out our “How Xiaomi Scale Works” for all the details.
Does the Xiaomi Body Composition Scale 2 come with batteries?
Yes, the Xiaomi scale comes with 4 x AAA size batteries. The scale is Bluetooth 5 compatible and won’t drain the batteries easily. Check out our “How Xiaomi Scale Works” for all the details.
What data does the scale display?
The Xiaomi scale can only display your weight data on the device. However, the device can measure up to 13 types of data.
What types of stats can the scale measure? How do I access it?
The Xiaomi scale can measure body stats that includes bodyweight, bone mass, visceral fat level, muscle mass, fat rate, body water, basic metabolism, etc. You can access all of the data on the Mi Fit app. Check out our “How Xiaomi Scale Works” for all the details.
This scale and it’s Mi fit app is really good for people that are looking to track their weight loss and learn about self physical health information like BMI (although I’m not sure how it tracks data beyond weight or if it’s accurate). However, there are a couple of issues upon using it:
Pretty often when stepping on the scale it often registers the incorrect scale (usually always adds 3 to 3.9 lbs.) and requires to be stepped on multiple times to zero it out to get the correct weight.
With these kinds of scales, I’d expect it to work at least most of the time. I’d recommend taping on it with your foot to let it turn on and zero out every time before putting your full body weight on it to get accurate data.
Also, the app doesn’t always connect and sync properly. You’re supposed to have the app open and then it will auto-detect when you step on the scale to record the weight. This doesn’t always work so again you must step on it multiple times not just to get the correct data, but to also make sure it connects as well. The good part is that it can always be put in manually which is completely fine by me, but for those who care about this, this is definitely something to note.
Overall it’s a decent scale with easy to read and bright numbers.Brian David Gonzalez from USA
I own Amazfit Stratos 3 watch so I use Amazfit app. I bought this scale which also syncs with the app. Now I have all data in one place.
The great thing about this scale and watch is that both give recommendations based on your measurements. Not just a scorer. They actually tell you what to do to
TWO IMPORTANT OBSERVATIONS:
1. It is pretty consistent in all measurements when you do day after day.
2. I am not sure if that consistency is a good thing or bad thing. Meaning I have been significantly improving my water intake muscle gaining exercises but within a month there hasn’t been any shift. Including visceral fat after a month of exercises has not dropped by a single point.
I will continue testing it for another month if the results don’t improve then the measurements are out of wack.D.A. from USA
Great easy-to-use product. The only negative point is that the connection with other devices of the same brand ( smart watch ) is not very consistent. At some times it is necessary to restart more than once for the collection of information.
Veronica Snaccache Baker from USA