Bought a pair of new Airdots? Check out How to Pair Xiaomi Airdots & Reset Xiaomi Airdots.
I love wireless earbuds, I honestly do. Ever since the AirPods hit the market, they changed the game. And now, I don’t have to deal with tangled wires when I want to listen to some tunes.
Although AirPods are pretty good there are various other brands like the Xiaomi Airdots that are just as good if not better. While there are amazing, it can get daunting to use them for the first time. So, we’ve compiled a guide on How to use Xiaomi Airdots. So, check it out for all the details.
Below is a quick guide on how to pair the Xiaomi Airdots.
Related: How to Reset Xiaomi Phone
By single taping the touch panel of the earbuds, the user can pause audio playback. This applies to both music and phone calls. If the user wants to mute the call then double-tapping the touch panel will result in the microphone switching off. To completely cancel a call, the user simply has to hold the touch panel for a few seconds.
The Xiaomi Airdots are top-end when it comes to entry-level earbuds. So, if you want to start with a simple pair of TWS earbuds that offer stellar performance these are the perfect earbuds. It not only has a beautiful design and sleek carry case but it also comes with a sensitive touch panel that makes it easy to operate these beauties. Most importantly, the battery life will leave you stunned as it can do a 14-15 hour stretch without any issues.
Sound is an issue as it’s not super great. It does have some irritating beeps that it can do without. However, for a 19$ pair of wireless earbuds, it’s amazing. This must-have Xiaomi earphone will stun you when it comes to performance. Now when it comes to operating these earbuds, it can seem a little daunting as it may seem a bit complicated. So, refer to our guide on How to use Xiaomi Airdots for all the specific details.
I’ve used the Xiaomi Airdots for more than a year and I’ve put it through a bunch of stress tests and it’s performed steadily throughout. There haven’t been any stutters or lags concerning music or overall audio. Although it may seem complicated when it comes to usage. It’s extremely convenient once you start using it:
How to Pair Xiaomi Airdots & Reset Xiaomi Airdots
How to Pair Xiaomi Airdots
If you’re using the Xiaomi Airdots for the first time, then this guide will help take you through all the steps from pairing to usage in a comprehensive manner. I’ve used it for an entire year.
To pair the Xiaomi Airdots with your smartphone start by turning it on by pressing the touch panel for one second. And to turn it off you simply have to long-press the same panel for 5 seconds. However, it should automatically, turn on once, take it out of the box and turn it off when you put it back in.
- Once you take it out, press the touchpad of both earbuds simultaneously and wait for three seconds for the light on the right earphone to flash. This is an indicator that the earbuds are ready to be paired.
- Now, open up your Bluetooth on your smartphone and search for visible devices. Once you find a device titled “Mi Airdots Basic_R”, click on it to pair and follow the prompts to pair the device. Since the right Airdot is the primary device, you don’t have to worry about pairing the left one.
- It automatically pairs both earbuds. However, you do have the option to pair individual earbuds as well. if you place the right one in the charging case and only want to pair it with the left piece. Then press the touch panel and click the device “Airdots Basic_L” on your phone Bluetooth UI to pair with your left earbuds.
- In case the connection fails, then place the earbuds back into the charging box and keep repeating the steps until you secure yourself a connection. Make sure to have charged your earbuds before executing all the above steps.
Once, you’ve paired the earbuds to your smartphone, it’ll automatically connect to the same device whenever you remove it from your case. In case you want to pair it to a different device, you will have to manually disconnect the connection on your phone’s Bluetooth UI.
How to reset the Xiaomi Airdots
To reset the Xiaomi Airdots all you have to do is press and hold the touch panel of both earbuds simultaneously for 10 seconds till you see red and white lights alternately flash. Do this three times in a row and it’s successfully reset. You also need to make sure to delete the connection record on your Bluetooth UI on your phone.
How to operate the Redmi Airdots?
It’s extremely easy to use the Xiaomi Airdots. These earbuds are controlled through various gesture movements. Specifically, touchpad gestures. There are various gestures for different functions. This method of operation is extremely convenient as you don’t need to keep flipping out your phone for every minor action.
- To answer or reject a phone call you simply have to single tap on the right earbud. If your wearing both earbuds then the right one is the main earbud. So, you have to control all actions through it. You can also single tap to hang up a phone call.
- In case you want to mute the call, all you have to do is double-tap the right earbud.
- If you want to play or pause music, then all you have to do is single tap the touch panel. Unfortunately, it does not support volume control, which is a bummer. It also doesn’t allow you to change songs through the touch panel. You’ll have to do that manually or using the voice assistant.
- To turn on the voice assistant, all you have to do is double-click the touchpad.
How to charge Xiaomi Airdots
To charge your Redmi Airdots, follow these steps,
Step 1 Remove the product from the packaging and all the protective tape and stickers.
Step 2 Place Airdots back in the charging case and plug in the USB to allow them to charge for an hour. It should be light red when charging. The red indicator light also means that it is disconnected from Bluetooth.
Step 3 If the white light stays for a minute and then goes out, it means the earphones are fully charged.
How do you know if Redmi AirDots is fully charged?
When the Airdots are completely charged the LED indicator light will turn white and when the charging case is still in the process of charging you will be able to see the same LED light blink in red. Check out our guide on How to use Xiaomi Airdots for more details.
Table of Contents