The Best Android Tablets out there!
Store Name: Hong Kong Goldway
Store Description: The Hong Kong Glodway store is the home of all Xiaomi Smartphones and Tablets,
Price range: $200- $400
Mi Pads – Compare with iPads – We break down how they fare
With Apple dominating the tablet space with the iPads, fewer and fewer companies are willing to manufacture android tablets. After all, iPad is the go-to tablet but it just happens to be insanely expensive. But, there are some gems out there. For example, Xiaomi’s Mi Pad 4 Plus. Unlike other companies, Xiaomi didn’t give up. Instead of creating an oversized phone and calling it a tablet, they innovated a tablet with a personalized user experience. Check out the Top Xiaomi Tablets for all the details.
Xiaomi’s tablets are so different because they offer unbelievable performance and a customized skin- the MIUI. But the biggest factor is that they have some amazing hardware whilst being budget-friendly. Like the majority of the Xiaomi gadgets, this is a must-have product in every home.
Anyway, let’s move on to the Top Xiaomi Tablets, Shall we?
After having reviewed all the Xiaomi tablets based on various factors like design, performance, camera, function, user experience, battery life and much more; my team and I found that:
The top Xiaomi tablet is the Mi Pad 4 Plus. Although it’s been a few years since it hit the market it still continues to be the best tablet in its price segment. With the constant OS updates and the stellar Snapdragon 660 processing chip, this 10-ich Xiaomi Tablet has an amazing UI/UX.
Best Mi Tablets 2021
- Best Mi Tablets 2021
- Best Xiaomi Tablets – 10+ Inch
- Mi Pad 4 Plus
- Mi Pad 4
Best Xiaomi Tablets – 10+ Inch
Xiaomi Mi pad 5
The Mi Pad 5 series was just unveiled at a Chinese event, and it will add some much-needed variety to a market that has long been dominated by Samsung and Apple.
The design of the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 tablets is identical. The panels are 11 inches diagonally and feature 2560 x 1600 or 2.5K resolutions, 120Hz frame rates, 500 nit maximum brightness, LCD technology, and HDR10 support.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 chipset is used in the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5, while the Snapdragon 870 is used in the Mi Pad 5 Pro – both are powerful, and while they don’t quite match the performance of the Snapdragon 888 or 888 Plus, you might not notice in normal use.
- The software used here isn’t MIUI, the Android fork used by Xiaomi phones, but rather ‘MIUI for Pad.’
- The main improvements appear to be a stronger emphasis on multitasking mode, with easy split-screening and draggable app windows. An entertainment center was also demonstrated, albeit based on the app selections, it appears to be limited to China.
- The slate is compatible with both a stylus and a keyboard folio, two common tablet accessories. The first is a case that doubles as a keyboard for easy word processing, while the second is a case that doubles as a keyboard for note-taking and drawing.
- The cameras are housed in the bezel on the front, rather than cut-out parts like on some other tablets.
- The camera on the slate is 8MP on the front and 13MP on the back.
- The Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 has an 8,720mAh battery, whereas the Mi Pad Pro has an 8,600mAh battery. However, a difference of 120mAh isn’t significant, and it may not be noticeable in everyday use.
- The Pro handily wins in terms of charging, with 67W wired powering. In comparison, the regular Mi Pad 5 only manages 33W, which isn’t much, but it’s still faster than most other tablets.
- At least in China, this slate is shockingly inexpensive. The’standard’ tablet costs only CNY 1,999 for 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, which is roughly $310, £220, or AU$420.
- For CNY 2,299 (about $350, £260, AU$480), you may upgrade to 256GB of storage.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 pro
The Mi Pad 5 Pro is a tablet designed to be both productive and fun. Xiaomi has put in a lot of effort to make this a product that can be used at work.
Display and Design
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro has a metal frame with CNC metal cutting at the frame corners, giving it a more sophisticated appearance.
However, the edges of the side frame are sharper than the sides of all the tablets we reviewed in 2021, causing some discomfort when holding it.
The Mi Pad 5 series’ back design continues the Mi 11 series’ design pattern. The Xiaomi Camera module, for example, is in the top-left corner, while the Xiaomi logo is below the cameras. The rear cover is constructed of a plastic substance with a matte texture, giving it a pleasant feel to grasp.
The display on the new Mi Pad has a 120Hz high refresh rate and a 2K resolution. It is Dolby Vision certified and HDR content is supported. The Mi Pad 5 Pro properly recognized and played HDR films in several apps throughout the actual test.
The Mi Pad 5 Pro’s lack of a 3.5mm earphone port could be one of the tablet’s few flaws, especially as an entertainment device.
- It is powered by the Snapdragon 870 processor, which is also the best processor for an Android tablet to date.
- The 870 processor on the Mi Pad 5 Pro performs admirably in real-world gaming tests, thanks to Xiaomi’s optimization and the tablet’s superior cooling capabilities. You may even play Genshin Impact with the highest graphics and framerate available. Other games, such as PUBG Mobile, also operate smoothly. The tablet was able to run the game at a consistent framerate of up to 90 frames per second with minimum stress.
For its back 13 MP snapper, the Pro has a 5MP depth sensor. The main rear camera on the 5G version of the Pro is actually a 50MP one.
Battery Life and Charging
- Another notable feature of the Mi Pad 5 Pro is its lengthy battery life, which is complemented by support for 67W rapid charging. The 8600mAh battery offers a 2600mAh capacity increase over the Mi Pad 4.
- When it comes to charging, the 67W fast charging option is also the fastest on the market. The Mi Pad 5 Pro only takes 73 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%.
- It costs about CNY 2,499 (roughly $390, £280, AU$530) for 6GB RAM and 128GB storage.
- It costs CNY 2,799 (roughly $430, £310, AU$590) for 6GB RAM and 256GB storage.
- It costs CNY 3,499 (roughly $540, £390, AU$740) for the top-spec model with 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, and 5G compatibility.
Mi Pad 4 Plus
The latest edition of the Xiaomi’s Tablet is absolutely stunning. The Mi Pad 4 Plus offers a unique experience that is vastly superior to many other Android Tablets. This tablet has a brilliant performance that is perfect for gaming and media entertainment of any sort. It’s one of the Top Xiaomi Tablets in the market.
Mi Pad 4 Plus – Display
Unlike Its predecessors, the Mi Pad 4 Plus comes with a small body and larger screen ration. This makes it lighter and more comfortable when held in one hand.
- The Mi Pad 4 Plus is equipped with a beautiful 10.1-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1200×1920 pixels. Although this 16:10 golden ratio Full HD screen is comparatively smaller when compared to the previous generations by at least 9.4%. But, the screen share has increased by 6% which is quite impressive.
- It has a Split Screen Mode so you can literally chat while watching movies. The HD screen has an eye protection feature that makes the visual experience enjoyable as well as easier on the eyes, especially during those 12-hour Netflix binges.
- The brightness can get as low as 5nit, which is an excellent thing. This allows you to use the tablet in the middle of the night while reducing the harmful dazzling effect which can affect your eyes.
Mi Pad 4 Plus – Camera
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus has two excellent cameras that support both beauty and HDR mode.
- The rear camera is a 13-megapixel and the front selfie camera is a 5-megapixel which is capable of AI face recognition. While at first, the MP seems low, these cameras can actually do a great job when it comes to shooting great photos or videos. Another interesting thing we noticed was that the selfie camera allows for clear video especially when your video calling.
Mi Pad 4 Plus – Performance and User Experience.
The features that set the Mi Pad 4 Plus apart from the rest of the Android tablets out there is its performance and User Interface and Experience.
- Xiaomi’s Mi Pad 4 Plus is equipped with a powerful octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE processor which has the 14nm process technology and has a maximum frequency of 2.2GHz.
- It has a 4GB of RAM and 64Gb/128GB internal storage options. And has an external storage capacity of up to 256GB. Simply put, this performance is absolutely brilliant and it can easily deal with popular apps or large-scale 3D games.
- The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus runs Android 8.1 Oreo.
- The Mi Pad 4 Plus of course comes with its own customized MIUI skin that is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo. This is what sets the device apart from all its competitors.
- The MIUI skin offers a personalized experience as it allows you to customize the device however you want. While it is a heavy skin it doesn’t come in the way of gaming or any form of entertainment. The 8-core high performance offers a smooth gaming experience and the smart game acceleration can avoid lags and dropped frames.
- It comes equipped with its own Xiaomi Game Center. This game center offers tons of brilliant games.
- Connectivity is quite smooth as the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus include Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, 4GLTE and GPS.
- There Mi 4 Plus has a single slot for a nano-Sim card. The sound quality is stunning as the MI Pad 4 Plus has made a qualitative leap compared to its predecessors.
Mi Pad 4 Plus – Battery
This beauty has an amazing polymer battery of 8620mAh which offers excellent endurance. These super safe batteries are equipped with a power-saving technology
- How long can you use it? Well, you can watch 15 1-Hour Netflix episodes in a row or you can continuously listen to music from more 16 hours.
Mi Pad 4 Plus Price
Compared to most of the other Android tablets out there, the Mi Pad 4 Plus is actually pretty budget-friendly. And the fact that it performs better than the other tablets while providing that personalized experience makes it true value for money.
The Mi Pad 4 Plus is Priced at around US $359.99 – 389.99 depending on the variants and specs.
Mi Pad 4
The Mi Pad 4 was launched the same year as its successor the Mi Pad 4 Plus. So it pretty much offers the same experience with minor differences. The major differences would be the display size, connectivity and battery life. The processing speed is might vary depending on the RAM. It’s one of the Top Xiaomi Tablets in the market.
Mi Pad 4 – Display
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 has two color variants black and gold. It measures at 200.20 height x 120.30 width x 7.90mm thickness and weighs 342.50 grams.
- The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 tablet comes with an 8-inch full touchscreen display with a resolution of 1920×1200 pixels. It has a pixel density of 283ppi and is also 9.4 % smaller than the Mi Pad 3.
- Although the screen is smaller, the device itself has become sleeker and elegant. Of course, the reduced screen size doesn’t really matter as the visual experience has vastly improved from the Mi Pad 3.
Mi Pad 4 – Camera
Xiaomi’s Mi Pad 4 also comes with two cameras: A 13MP rear camera and front 5MP selfie camera.
- The cameras are capable of producing clear and clean photos. Both cameras are capable of supporting Beauty and HDR modes.
Mi Pad 4 – Performance and Experience
Xiaomi’s Mi Pad 4 is also powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE processor with a 2.2GHz frequency.
- The only difference is that It’s a little slower compared to the Mi Pad 4 plus as it only has a 3GB of RAM. It also has an internal storage capacity of 32 GB and external expansion up to 256GB.
- Of course, the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 runs also offers the MIUI skin that runs on Android 8.1. The MIUI is probably the most unique skin across most Android devices. The level of personalisation it offers is worthy of admiration. This tablet also has a single nano sim card slot
- The Mi Pad 4 also has the same seamless connectivity as the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus. It includes Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, 4GLTE and GPS.
- Sound quality is quite amazing. The bass packs in a kick along with clear mids. Of course, there’s no noticeable difference when compared to the Mi Pad 4 Plus.
Mi Pad 4 – Battery
Unlike the Mi Pad 4 plus the Mi Pad 4 is powered by a 6000mAh non-removable polymer battery.
- It can last for up to 12 hours if your watching TV shows.
- If gaming is your poison then it can last up to 8 hours.
Mi Pad 4 Price
The Mi Pad 4 offers almost the same experience as the Mi Pad 4 Plus. Although it slightly differs when compared to the Mi Pad 4 Plus, it is almost cheaper than the 4 Plus by almost 50$. Which is pretty amazing.
The Mi Pad 4 is priced at US $236.99 – 267.99 depending on the variants and specs.
How to choose a Xiaomi Tablet?
Before you spend a couple hundred dollars on a Xiaomi tablet there are certain things you need to consider. For example:
- Since a tablet is somewhat of a computer/smartphone hybrid. It is important to take into account the display size of the device before purchasing it. Now, while most would consider a perfect tablet one that fits in your hands, you also need to consider what you’ll be primarily using it for.
- If watching sketching, movies and entertainment is your main priority them your better of with a larger screen. However, if your using it to execute office tasks then you might be better of with the 8 inch instead.
- All of the internal components such as the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage must be considered before you invest in your tablet. In fact, this supersedes everything else. You should ensure that the all the internal componets are capable of helping you execute your tasks.
- I personally prefer a high RAM regardless of tasks as it becomes extremely important in the long run or if your planning on multitasking.
Is Xiaomi’s tablet good?
Xiaomi’s tablet is certainly one of the best in the Android tablet space. The performance and battery is outstanding and you probably won’t find another device that can match the performance and experience. Especially in that price range.
Another unique aspect is that all Xiaomi tablets come with their own custom skin based on stock Android. Although it is quite heavy, the customization options are brilliant. The best part is that it doesn’t slow down the system. so no lags when playing heavy games or watching movies. Check out our Top Xiaomi Tablets list for all the details
What is the best Android tablet for 2021?
The Mi Pad 4 Plus is definitely one of the best Android tablets. It has stunning performance and battery life and the best user experience you can expect. This device is perfect for gaming. In fact, it can handle pretty much any heavy apps and tasks with its amazing processor.
The sound could have been a bit better but it’s still better than most of the tablets out there.
This tablet is true value for money and definitely worth the buy. Check out the Top Xiaomi Tablets for all the details.
All good the tablet is bootloader unlocked flashed a multi-language Android 8.1 MIUI 10.0 ROM unofficial so no OTA updates, play store available, they haven’t sent me adapter plug EU. Excellent tablet for the price, excellent display, very fast and smoothAlice from UK
Star down because you havent sent me adapter plug EU, and you also didnt answer my calls on customer service 2x. They ignored my reclamation completely. Tablet is working fast. Android 8.1 MIUI 10.0, ROM unofficial ( it will not be able to actualizate), boodloader unlocked, ROM has some bugsVasia from UK
The performance of tablet is good however the sim card doesn’t work in Germany. Aslso the occasionally the Android OS through errors when opening attachments from Gmail or working with Dual apps. Very nice product with good quality and normal cost. It had also a sim card in the parcel but I don’t know what exactly is it and how to activate it on my country.Rodney from USA
- These Top Xiaomi Beauty Products Will Blow Your Mind
- Automate your Kitchen with the Xiaomi Faucet Infrared Motion Sensor
- Smash Those Fitness Goals With The Xiaomi Walking Pad
Top Xiaomi Tablets
Check out our list of the Top Xiaomi Tablets!
Product SKU: TX933824
Product Brand: Xiaomi
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $250
Price Valid Until: 2021-08-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents