The best dash cam on Aliexpress. Period.
Store Name: Enklov
Store Description: Arguably the best dashcam on Aliexpress. It has all the features that covers insurance regulations and others!
Price range: US $59.99 - 82.37
Xiaomi Dash Cam
Best Dash Cam in the planet
User Review( vote)
It’s paramount these days to be careful when you are out travelling in your car as accidents are very common and people come across your vehicle. And in a lot of countries, there are insurance scammers who try to scam you by jumping in front of your car on purpose and demanding enormous amounts of money for their “medical needs”. A good dash cam can come in handy, especially during these situations where you have visual proof of their misdeeds.
Xiaomi’s Mijia sub-brand has come up with an amazing Xiaomi dash cam with loads of features that can definitely help you feel secure as you ride in your car. Here’s the Xiaomi Dash Cam Price and Review.
Xiaomi Mijia Dash Cam
- Xiaomi Mijia Dash Cam
- Xiaomi Dashcam Features
- Xiaomi Dash Cam Price and Review
- Inside the Box
- Function and Use
- Xiaomi Dash Cam – Questions
- What’s the point of a dash cam?
- Are dash cams legal?
- Is GPS necessary for a dash cam?
- Where is the best place to put a dash cam?
- How long do Dash Cameras record for?
- What to look for before you buy a dash cam and does the Xiaomi Dashcam have it?
- Important Features You Need To Look For Before Buying a Dash Cam:
- Auto On / Off Feature
- Storage Capacity
- Quality of the footage
- Mounting Style
- Heat Tolerance
- Final Thoughts
Xiaomi Dash cam Features
|Dash cam features||Yes/No|
|Motion detection supported by G-sensor||Yes|
|70mai Pro can keep recording when the car is parked||Yes|
|Good picture quality that captures details||Yes|
|In-car video recording||No|
|Driver Assistance System||Yes|
|Clear vision while driving in snow, smoke and hazey environment||Yes|
Xiaomi Dash Cam Price and Review
Inside the Box
Inside the box is A:
- Charging cable
- The Xiaomi dash cam itself
- The car charging point
- The sticker to stick the dash cam against the windshield
The design of the Xiaomi 70mai is pretty neat and clean. It’s petite, there is a screen in the front-facing the driver and there is a camera pointing towards the outside. The video part of the camera can be tilted up and down for better viewing angles.
It’s black in colour so it is pretty camouflaged at night and it’s tiny as well. It can be kept hidden from untoward elements.
Function and Use
The Xiaomi dash camera records constantly so you do not have to be worried about not capturing a scammer or clicking a record button.
- Apart from the continuous recording feature, you can also record a viewing angle of 140 degrees, which is a pretty wide-angle to cover.
- There is also the incredible voice control feature which lets you control the device with your voice, like taking a picture is a breeze. You don’t have to remove your hands from the wheels.
- More often than not you will be driving against direct sunlight and this can affect the visibility of your video because the sun is directly on the lens. This Xiaomi car camera is super advanced and controls the exposure and lets in only a little light, which gives a better and clearer image.
- It also shoots in 720p, so these are pretty high-quality cameras that are even worthy of Youtube videos.
- A lot of dash cams have a problem. You’ll have to start it when you begin your journey, but the Xiaomi 70mai automatically starts when you begin the car. And that’s the best aspect, to be honest. I can’t tell you the number of times I forgot to manually turn on crappy car cameras.
- It has a few incredible safety features that assist you while driving. The first of them is the lane driving assistance. On highways, lane discipline is super paramount and it can be pretty dangerous when you switch lanes, the Xiaomi dashcam will tell you when you are switching lanes and stuff. It also comes with GPS, so it makes your life very easy.
- It also has a collision control feature, which warns you when you get close to a vehicle on the front.
Of course, the dash cam’s main objective is to make sure any mishaps are recorded. So what if you are parked and somebody bumps into your car?
- Well, during a situation like that the Xiaomi car camera automatically starts recording the details of the car such as the number plate. This makes it easier to track the person and get their insurance details.
- There is also an app that lets you see through the lens. So when you are away from your car, you can turn on the camera and see what’s in front. This is one way of keeping an eye on your car.
So what about low light?
- The infrared capabilities of the Xiaomi dash cam are incredible, you get high-quality night videos of the road and everything in front of the camera. This is pretty awesome and it’s of tremendous help even at night.
Xiaomi Dash Cam – Questions
A dash cam basically acts as evidence in case a mishap happens. Modern-day dashcams like the Xiaomi dash cam help with parking and distance recognition and also lets you access your car’s surroundings remotely.
Dash cams aren’t deemed outright illegal in any country because it’s used by you personally for your safety.
It always helps to have GPS for a dash cam as it helps the camera point to a certain direction. Which means, the camera speaks to the GPS systems and finds out the best areas to shoot. This helps in covering the right zones.
As the name suggests, a dash cam should be placed on the dash. But products like the Xiaomi Dash Cam need to be placed on the windshield which is at a vantage point that helps with a 120 degree angle and also a certain height.
Dash cams record for indefinitely. Depending on the memory card you have.
What to look for before you buy a dash cam and does the Xiaomi Dashcam have it?
The fundamental difference between a dashcam and a normal video recorder is two-fold.
- Firstly, the design. The design of the dash cam makes it easier to set it up in a car.
- Secondly, the functions. A dash cam is meant to continuously record videos without any human intervention and it automatically deletes old footage to make space for new footage.
The Xiaomi’s dashcam is capable of both. So, yes it a worthy gadget.
Important Features You Need To Look For Before Buying a Dash Cam:
Auto On / Off Feature
Does the dashcam record even when you aren’t there? When somebody hits your car, when you aren’t around? Then it’s a good dash cam.
Does the dash cam get full just after one day of recording? Then its memory is poor. You need a dash cam with better memory
Quality of the footage
Whether you want footage of an accident or a scenic route, the quality should be top-notch. Like the Xiaomi Dash cam.
How easy is it to setup? Does it hold in fast speeds and will it stay put when there are speed bumps? Does it cover your view. Check for that.
This is a big feature. If you are in a hot climate, you don’t want your dashcam melting away. What are the parts made of? Has it been tested for high temperatures?
These are the most important things you need to look for before buying a dashcam and the Xiaomi dashcam has passed every single of these requirements.
Overall, this is a fantastic dash cam that not only performs the role of a dash cam but also has these added safety features that make you a much better driver.
- The pricing is also incredible, it’s not too expensive but has enough features to not call it cheap.
- The adjustable viewing angles and the small and petite design make it even more attractive.
- The continuous recording and collision recording also are features that are a must-have for dash cams.
- This is a product that lacks nothing but has everything.
If there’s a dash cam you need to buy, the Xiaomi Dash Cam 70 Mai is a perfect choice.