The best dash cam on Aliexpress. Period.
Store Name: Enklov
Store Description: Arguably the best dashcam on Aliexpress. It has all the features that covers insurance regulations and others!
Price range: US $59.99 - 82.37
Xiaomi Dash Cam
Best Dash Cam in the planet
User Review( votes)
These days you can never be too careful when you are out travelling in your car. From accidents to car thefts, just taking a trip to the mart can be a dangerous thing. And in a lot of countries, there are insurance scammers who try to scam you by jumping in front of your car on purpose and demanding enormous amounts of money for their “medical expenses”. A good dash cam can come in handy, especially during these situations where you have visual proof of their misdeeds. Check out our Xiaomi Dash Cam Price and Review for more details.
The available Xiaomi Dash Cams are
- Xiaomi 70 Mai Dash Cam (A800)
- Yi Nightscape Dash Cam
Xiaomi’s Mijia sub-brand has come up with an amazing Xiaomi dash cam with loads of features that can definitely help you feel secure as you ride in your car. Here’s the Xiaomi Dash Cam Price and Review.
After using this Xiaomi 70mai Dash Cam for over a year and have reviewed it based on various factors like design, features, performance, longevity, functionality and battery life. I found that it’s one of the most useful and high-performance Dash cams in the market. Additionality, I also subjected this dashcam to a series of stress tests and found that:
The Xiaomi 70mai Dash Cam is one of the best Dash Cams in its price segment. Not only does it have a compact and incognito design but it is also equipped with useful features like motion detection, lane driving assistance, a de-fog algorithm that captures clear video in extreme weather conditions. Most importantly, this dash cam has a standby mode that will capture video in case there’s no power. It’s also extremely affordable at USD $56.99.
Best Xiaomi Dash Cam
- Best Xiaomi Dash Cam
- Xiaomi Dash Cam Price and Review 2021
Xiaomi Dash cam Features
|Dash cam features||Yes/No|
|Motion detection supported by G-sensor||Yes|
|70mai Pro can keep recording when the car is parked||Yes|
|Good picture quality that captures details||Yes|
|In-car video recording||No|
|Driver Assistance System||Yes|
|Clear vision while driving in snow, smoke and hazey environment||Yes|
Xiaomi Dash Cam Price and Review 2021
Inside the Box
The Xiaomi 70mai Dash Cam is packaged in a sturdy black cardboard box. On the box you’ll find an illustration of the device and some technical specs at the bottom. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- A Charging cable
- The Xiaomi Dash Cam itself
- The car charging point
- The sticker to stick the Dash Cam against the windshield
The Xiaomi 70mai is not only petite but it also sleek with a designs scheme that’s definitely futuristic. All components of this device are connected seamless and its unobtrusive nature will blend into any car’s interior.
- This Xiaomi dash cam measures at 87 x 53 x 18 mm so it’s actually pretty compact not much bigger than an action camera.
- On the front, you’ll find a 2″ LCD display and buttons to control the various features of the device. Unlike most Xiaomi products this screen is not a touch-enabled which is quite a bummer. However, the IoT functionality makes up for this. So, it’s not that big of a deal.
- On the back, you’ll find a mount which is used to secure the device inside of the windshield. It’s important to note that your car must have a wide enough windshield in order to make the best use of this camera. If you place this in vehicles with a low angle windshield, there’s a chance it can obstruct your view of the road.
- It’s black in color and can be camouflaged easily since it’s compact, this can help hide the camera from thieves and scammers.
- On the sides you’ll find a Micro-USB port for the power and a micro-SD card slot that supports class 10 cards of up to 64 GB.
- While the screen faces the driver, the half-rotatable camera on the side should be facing the road. Of course, the camera can be tilted up and down for better angles and to capture certain things like signs or zebra-crossings, etc.
- The camera is a 140-degree wide-angle lens. It uses a Sony IMX 335 Sensor to record videos in HD (H.265) at a resolution of 2592 x 1944 p.
This Xiaomi dash camera supports mounting using electrostatic film. This film not only securely holds the device in place but it also allows you to remove it and put it back without and issues. The adhesive in addition to being strong does not leave any residue.
Function and Use
The Xiaomi dash camera records constantly so you do not have to be worried about not capturing a scammer or clicking a record button.
- Apart from the continuous recording feature, you can also record a viewing angle of 140 degrees, which is a pretty wide-angle to cover.
- There is also the incredible voice control feature which lets you control the device with your voice, like taking a picture is a breeze. You don’t have to remove your hands from the wheels.
- More often than not you will be driving against direct sunlight and this can affect the visibility of your video because the sun is directly on the lens. This Xiaomi car camera is super advanced and controls the exposure and lets in only a little light, which gives a better and clearer image.
- It also shoots in 720p, so these are pretty high-quality cameras that are even worthy of Youtube videos.
- A lot of dash cams have a problem. You’ll have to start it when you begin your journey, but the Xiaomi 70mai automatically starts when you begin the car. And that’s the best aspect, to be honest. I can’t tell you the number of times I forgot to manually turn on crappy car cameras.
- It also has a collision control feature, which warns you when you get close to a vehicle on the front.
It has a few incredible safety features that assist you while driving. The first of them is the lane driving assistance. On highways, lane discipline is super paramount and it can be pretty dangerous when you switch lanes, the Xiaomi dashcam will tell you when you are switching lanes and stuff. It also comes with GPS, so it makes your life very easy.
Of course, the dash cam’s main objective is to make sure any mishaps are recorded. So what if you are parked and somebody bumps into your car?
- Well, during a situation like that the Xiaomi car camera automatically starts recording the details of the car such as the number plate. This makes it easier to track the person and get their insurance details. It’s features like these that make it’s one of the most useful Xiaomi car accessories.
- There is also an app that lets you see through the lens. So when you are away from your car, you can turn on the camera and see what’s in front. This is one way of keeping an eye on your car.
So what about low light?
The infrared capabilities of the Xiaomi dash cam are incredible, you get high-quality night videos of the road and everything in front of the camera. This is pretty awesome and it’s of tremendous help even at night.
After using this Dash cam for over a year, I can confidently state that this is one of the best dash cams in its price segment. It’s one of the few that offer true value for money. In fact with the amazing features and the stellar performance, it’s much better than even some of the more expensive dash cams.
When coming to the performance, it’s brilliant both in terms of real-time and long term. In real time, the videos that are recorded are extremely clear. You can easily expect to capture the detailed facial features of a perpetrator or the numbers of a license plate.
This camera even has a de-fog algorithm,, among other amazing features that sharpen the image that’s captured in extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and, of course, fog. Basically, you don’t have to be worried about people trying to blend into the fog when they try to steal you car or harm it any way as this camera can easily capture their face.
The most amazing feature is that this camera will remain on standby even if the power is cut. So, it’ll capture video even when there’s a shortage of power. Most importantly, this feature will also capture video when there’s sudden acceleration and even if it detects any sudden movement.
When it comes to the long term performance, I really did benefit from the sturdy nature of the camera. It can not only easily run for a year without any issues but it can also withstand the daily wear and tear of life.
Overall, this is a fantastic dash cam that not only performs the role of a dash cam but also has these added safety features that make you a much better driver.
- The pricing is also incredible, it’s not too expensive but has enough features to not call it cheap.
- The adjustable viewing angles and the small and petite design make it even more attractive.
- The continuous recording and collision recording also are features that are a must-have for dash cams.
- This is a product that lacks nothing but has everything.
If there’s a dash cam you need to buy, the Xiaomi Dash Cam 70 Mai is a perfect choice.
Xiaomi 70 Mai Dash Cam vs Yi Dash Cam
|Features||Xiaomi 70 Mai||Yi Dash Cam|
|Field of View||130 degree||140 degree|
|App||70 Mai Camera App||Yi Camera app|
|Battery Charging||AAA batteries, need to be replaced||USB charging|
|SD Card Support||Yes, upto 64GB||Yes, upto 64GB|
Is xiaomi dash cam good?
There are two Xiaomi dash cams. The 70 Mai Xiaomi dash cam is one of the best available in the market. Whereas the Yi Dash Cam is slightly less popular. The 70 Mai Dashcam is a really good product because of its price, video recording capabilities and ergonomics.
A dash cam basically acts as evidence in case a mishap happens. Modern-day dashcams like the Xiaomi dash cam help with parking and distance recognition and also lets you access your car’s surroundings remotely.
Dash cams aren’t deemed outright illegal in any country because it’s used by you personally for your safety.
It always helps to have GPS for a dash cam as it helps the camera point to a certain direction. Which means, the camera speaks to the GPS systems and finds out the best areas to shoot. This helps in covering the right zones.
As the name suggests, a dash cam should be placed on the dash. But products like the Xiaomi Dash Cam need to be placed on the windshield which is at a vantage point that helps with a 120 degree angle and also a certain height.
Dash cams record for indefinitely. Depending on the memory card you have.
What to look for before you buy a dash cam and does the Xiaomi Dashcam have it?
The fundamental difference between a dashcam and a normal video recorder is two-fold.
- Firstly, the design. The design of the dash cam makes it easier to set it up in a car.
- Secondly, the functions. A dash cam is meant to continuously record videos without any human intervention and it automatically deletes old footage to make space for new footage.
The Xiaomi’s dashcam is capable of both. So, yes it a worthy gadget.
Important Features You Need To Look For Before Buying a Dash Cam:
Auto On / Off Feature
Does the dashcam record even when you aren’t there? When somebody hits your car, when you aren’t around? Then it’s a good dash cam.
Does the dash cam get full just after one day of recording? Then its memory is poor. You need a dash cam with better memory
Quality of the footage
Whether you want footage of an accident or a scenic route, the quality should be top-notch. Like the Xiaomi Dash cam.
How easy is it to setup? Does it hold in fast speeds and will it stay put when there are speed bumps? Does it cover your view. Check for that.
This is a big feature. If you are in a hot climate, you don’t want your dashcam melting away. What are the parts made of? Has it been tested for high temperatures?
These are the most important things you need to look for before buying a dashcam and the Xiaomi dashcam has passed every single of these requirements.
- Brilliant Xiaomi Products of 2021 That Will Blow Your Mind
- Best Xiaomi Air Purifiers
- Best Xiaomi Earphones
Xiaomi Dash Cam
Check out our Xiaomi Dash Cam Review
Product SKU: XD88288
Product Brand: Xiaomi
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $60
Price Valid Until: 2021-12-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents