The Xiaomi Faucet - A must buy for home automation.
Store Name: Mi Home Store
Store Description: Want to check out awesome Xiaomi products like the faucet? Then check out the Mi Home Store.
Price range: $10 - $20
Xiaomi Infrared Faucet
The Infrared Faucet Motion Sensor, Rated
User Review( vote)
I love automation. It makes things easier and you spend less time on unimportant things. Recently we reviewed the Xiaomi soap dispenser that automatically dispenses soap when you come close to its sensor. Now that’s a product I was gushing and raving about. Xiaomi in its bid to make everything automated has gone a step further and innovated on one of the oldest fixtures that are there in a household. The Faucet! Check out our Xiaomi Faucet Infrared Motion Sensor Latest Price and Review for all the details.
You just need to hover your hand near the Xiaomi faucet sensor for it to launch a jet of water. Of course, there are various modes that can make your life very convenient. This Xiaomi Faucet can be considered a gift to mankind at this point if you think of the age we live in. The only factor you need to keep in mind when buying this is that you will never have to touch the tap so you don’t have to worried about cross-contamination of bacteria and or dreadful viruses. In my opinion, this should be installed everywhere.
Anyway let’s go ahead and get to the review, shall we?
- Xiaomi Faucet
- Xiaomi Faucet Sensor
- Xiaomi Touchless Faucet Sensor – Price
- Xiaomi tap
Xiaomi Faucet Sensor
Inside The Box
Inside the beautiful box, you get the infrared faucet with motion sensor, 6 different mounts that vary in size, instruction manual, 3 rubber rings of various sizes that give grip.
Xiaomi Faucet Sensor – Design
Coming to the design of the faucet sensor.
- The Xiaomi faucet is pretty tiny and delicate and half a palm-size.
- It’s made of white plastic but it doesn’t look cheap. in fact, it can suit pretty much any type of home as its very visually appealing.
- The Xiaomi Faucet Sensor has an opening at the bottom for the water to flow out. It has many perforations for a good flow of water.
- It has two sensors: one on the side and one at the bottom.
- It’s small, petite and can be easily removed. It is 60mm in length, 34mm in breadth and a height of 49mm.
Xiaomi Faucet – Function and Use
Firstly, let’s get to the installation.
No matter, which tap you have, you probably have a tap hat. A tap has is basically the screw-up portion of your tap that also acts as a filter. You need to remove your tap hat on your existing faucet.
- Now when it comes to installing the infrared motion sensor faucet, you’ll need to make sure it fits.
- The first step is to take the right size rubber and the right size mount, place them together and make sure it fits on your tap.
- Once you’ve found the right size, make sure to screw it in tightly.
- After that, you will have the mount the sensor unit to the mount and you are good to go.
The whole installation process should take you less than two minutes.
Xiaomi Tap – Usage
As mentioned earlier there are two motion sensors, one on the side which detections motion from about 10cms away and one at the bottom which detects motion from 15cms away.
- The side sensor is for long water flows, that is if you want the water running for longer. Ex when collecting water or filling a saucepan etc. To turn it off, you need to trigger the sensor again by running your hand next to it. If you forget to trigger the sensor to turn it off, it automatically turns off within 3 minutes, which in my opinion is a ridiculous amount of time. It should have been closer to a minute or two.
- The bottom sensor is for a quick wash. The bottom sensor can be quite tricky to use, as your hands need to be pretty close to the sensor. When you are washing your hands, you need to make sure the sensor is getting triggered repeatedly for continuous water flow. The second you take your hands off, the water stops immediately.
So, how do you charge the Xiaomi Smart Tap?
Xiaomi Faucet Infrared Motion Sensor Latest Price and Review wouldn’t be accurate without mentioning the battery life of this device.
There is a small USB port to the side of the device with a cap on top of it. It can be used to charge the device. Now, most kitchens have a plug point somewhere and if yours is far away, then it’s a hassle. A lot of people would have preferred a AAA battery instead of a charging feature considering you need to charge it next to the water, but this is what Xiaomi has gone with.
- But having said that, the 550 mAh battery lasts for a very very long time. Some tests suggest that the battery on the Xiaomi faucet can last for 3 months even with constant use. That makes it pretty awesome!
- It has a weight of 105 grams, so that doesn’t put pressure on your fixtures. The water pressure for those of you who are interested is around 0.05-0.8mpa.
- It takes a good 3 hours to charge the battery completely that lasts for 3 months, which is not a bad return!
- The water resistance is an IPX6.
There is one caveat though. You will need to keep your tap open at all times.
- I know a lot of you might not be comfortable with this, but this is what is required to use the product.
- You need to be careful while installing the mount and the rubber to make sure it’s tight and there are no leaks.
- This works seamlessly with the Xiaomi Mijia soap dispenser. You don’t need to touch the dispenser for getting soap and you don’t need to touch the tap for the water.
- A pretty seamless and cool automation setup at home!
- This also means it works only with cold or hot water and not both at the same time.
- If you want to change, you have to turn the knob of your faucet for whichever temperature you wish.
Xiaomi Faucet – Key Features
- Simply reach your hand out to use the faucet. The IR sensors will detect your motion and release water. So, there is no need to manually operate the tap. This is very valuable if preventing cross-contamination.
- The Xiaomi Faucet comes with a double sensor with basically two sets of sensing areas. It also has two water modes and a 0.25-second fast induction.
- The Xiaomi tap is pretty good when it comes to water efficiency. It saves a lot more water compared to manual taps that are just left open unnecessarily. It also saves energy since you only need to charge it once in every few months
- It has 6 sets of adapters that meet your needs.
- It’s very convenient to assemble and use.
- The Xiaomi Smart tap has an unbelievable battery life of at least 3-4 months. Some of my colleagues even say its 6.
- It prevents water from overflowing and seriously contributes to the environment.
- Of course, the Xiaomi tap itself is IPX6 Waterproof.
Xiaomi Infrared Faucet – Two Water Outlet Mode
|Instant mode||Water storage mode|
|1) Instant mode is perfect for your short-term water needs like washing hands and hands or even filling up a glass of water.|
2) I order to use this mode you basically have to hover below the faucet near the bottom IR sensor.
3) The water shoots out once the sensor picks you up within a 10cm distance. And the water stops once the sensor can’t detect you or if you let the water flow for more than 20 seconds.
|1) Water storage mode is super useful when you have to fill pots and pans full of water. Basically it’s used for cooking and cleaning purposes.|
2) In order to use this mode, you basically have to hover near the side of the faucet near the side IR sensor.
3) The water starts to flow once the side sensor picks you up within the sensing distance of 5cm. The water will continue to flow even if the object moves away from the sensor. The water flow lasts for 3 minutes before it automatically shuts off.
Xiaomi Faucet Sensor – Final Thoughts
This is a product that is more of a fancy thing to have than a necessity. Do you need to survive? Definitely not? Is it cool when friends are around, yes!
- Overall, rating this faucet based on how it works. It works pretty well for an automatic faucet.
- You surely save a lot more water than when you have the tap running.
- It’s a perfect companion when your hands are full when you are cooking.
- The sensors work really well, the battery life is pretty amazing and lasts for over 3 months.
All in all the Xiaomi Faucet Infrared Motion Sensor is a super useful product. It can save you a lot of water and money while helping you stay clean without any cross-contamination of viruses or bacteria.
- Cheap and reliable. Does not leak
- Has multiple mount options for the perfect size
- Two sensors for a short wash and long wash
- Good water pressure
- Charge once for 3 hours and it lasts for 3 months
- Need to keep your tap open
- If you need to alternate between hot and cold, you need to do it manually
Xiaomi Touchless Faucet Sensor – Price
While the Xiaomi Faucet is useful it also happens to be super affordable. The Xiaomi Faucet is price at $14.33.
A smart faucet can range anywhere from 5$ to 875$. The lower ends are basic faucets fitted with an IR sensor that does the job and the most expensive ones can be controlled through your phone and even through Alexa or Google.
However, the Xiaomi Faucet is a smart tap with two sensors, two water modes and 6 different adapters. This beauty only costs about $14.33 and is super worth it. Sure it might not give you voice-activated water control but it is perfect for your daily needs. Check out our Xiaomi Faucet Infrared Motion Sensor Latest Price and Review for all the details.
Touchless Kitchen faucets can not only be super reliable they can also be extremely useful But obviously this depend of the brand.
For example, the Xiaomi Faucet sensor has two sensors one and the bottom and one to the side. They have their own uses. The one at the bottom can detect you up to 10 cm and is useful when you need an instant burst of water to drink or clean your hands. It automatically shuts of after 20 seconds. The side sensor detects you up to 5 cm and is commonly used for cooking purposes and the flow of water lasts longer.
So, as you can see this faucet is absolutely reliable in terms of usage and it terms of saving water.
The best part is you only need to charge it for three hours and the charge will last for at least three months which is pretty amazing.
Also Read :