The Haylou LS02 is one of the few smartwatches of 2021 that actually make you go “Damn!” Priced at 20$ this beauty has managed to disrupt the entry-level smartwatch market with its elegant design and amazing functionality. Backed by Xiaomi, the Haylou LS02 is equipped with amazing tech that makes it quite different from its predecessor the LS01. Check out our Xiaomi Haylou Watch Review for more details.
This must-have device is one of the few smartwatches in the market that is absolutely worth the investment. It offers exceptional experience, functionality and battery life. Read our Xiaomi Haylou Watch Review for all the details and to find out if it’s absolutely worthy.
After having reviewed the Xiaomi Haylou LS02 Smartwatch based on various factors like design, function, features, performance and price; my team and I found that:
The Haylou LS02 Smartwatch is one of the best in its price segment. Not only does it offer amazing functionality at a price of $20 but it also has a battery life that can last for 18 days on a single charge. Additionally, it comes with 12 sports modes and accurate sensors. It also comes with a proprietary Haylou app that can help the user keep a track of of your health and fitness.
Xiaomi Haylou Watch Review
Inside the Box
Like all Haylou products, the Haylou LS02 smartwatch comes is a sturdy rectangular box. The box is white and blue in color which are the brand colors of Haylou. On the box, you’ll find an image of the smartwatch, the Haylou logo on the upper left corner and the name of the device ( Haylou Smartwatch 2) on the lower right corner. These details come in handy if you want to authenticate your purchase. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- The Haylou LS02 smartwatch itself
- A back silicone strap
- Protective film on the screen of the smartwatch
- An instruction booklet
- And a magnetic charging cable.
Xiaomi Haylou Smart Watch – Design
To be honest I actually, quite enjoyed using this watch. It is much better than most of the entry-level smartwatches out there. Not just in design but also with respect to the improvement in quality and features. I say improvement because, it’s the successor to one of my favorite watches of 2019, the Haylou LS01. In fact, the Xiaomi Haylou smartwatch 2 extremely similar to its predecessor barring a few features here and there. And this feature really makes it stand out.
- Like its predecessor, the LS02 is also similar in design to the Apple watch. It has a carefully designed frame that delicate and glossy. However, the rounded corners and the curved edges make it look rather premium and high end. Haylou has really used the glossy look well. Unlike the LS01, this watch has a thinner frame and a larger screen, making it look amazing.
- When I wore both on the same wrist, I could really see the evolution. The LS02’s has a 1.4-inch screen while the Haylou Smartwatch 1 is has a 1.3-inch screen. While this doesn’t seem like much the Haylou LS02 looks much larger and cooler. This can be primarily be attributed to the thin bezels of the LS02, that make it look extremely minimal and elegant.
- Most importantly, the quality of the display has drastically increased when compared to the previous generation. For example, while the LS01 has a wide-domain high brightness screen and the good picture quality, it was still a little grainy.
- The Haylou Smartwatch 2 on the other hand, not only has improved brightness quality, color saturation and contrast but the display is softer and cleaner making it more comfortable to the eyes.
- I could easily see the screen with sharp quality when the sun was directly above my head. This is because the LS02 has a resolution of 320 x 320p instead of the previous generation’s 240 x 240p.
- The weight of this watch is a bit more than the predecessor, weighing at 38 grams. However, it still extremely light when compared to the other watches in its segment.
- The rest of it is pretty much the same as the LS01, including the placement of the button (One on the right-hand side). It’s also worth noting that the build quality of the LS02 isn’t that different, it’s still on the higher side with the only difference being the matte black color as opposed to the white color of the LS01.
- I could easily wear it for an entire day without any issues or discomfort. Since, its pretty lightweight, you stop paying attention to it as soon as you start going about your day. I did wear for a good 24 hours to check if there were any issues with the functions. However, I can confidently say that it’s not going to be uncomfortable if you wear it while sleeping.
Of course, you can shower with it and swim with it, since, its IP68 Waterproof and Dustproof. But bear in mind that it is not 5ATM certified so you absolutely can not dive with it. Like the first generation, this one comes with a comfortable and sweatproof silicone wrist band. It’s completely removable and replaceable.
Haylou LS02 Review- Function
After using the Haylou LS02 for over a week, I can tell you with complete confidence that it’s a decent investment. Especially since you’re getting a top-tier smartwatch for around 20$. The design of the watch was definitely top-notch. Now let’s get to the functions and find out if it’s truly worth it.
One of the first things I noticed when I set it up for the first time was that the whole QR code activation process has become the new standard. Almost every smartwatch in 2021 follows this sequence.
Basically, you will have to download the HaylouFit app on your phone and then scan the QR code that is shown on the screen of the watch. Follow all the prompts to set it up and only then will you be able to access all the functions and features.
- Once, I started using it I absolutely fell in love with it. It is quite similar to The LS01 when it comes to certain set display information like date, time, battery level, weather, steps, distance, calories and other apps like the timer. However, while the applications are the same the quality of the interface and the display is vastly superior.
- It definitely is meant to be seen as a new and improved LS01 rather than a completely new breed of smartwatches. While the majority of the features were disappointingly the same, there were a few differences between the two.
- For example, I could access 12 sports modes on the LS02 instead of the 9. And Haylou decided to finally incorporate a music player. It caused an of hate last year when they launched the LS01 without a music player. Fortunately, they didn’t repeat the same blunder this year.
- The most annoying thing with this watch is the lack of watch faces. You might think that 5 is enough but you’ll cycle through it within a week and start looking for hacks on Reddit. Unfortunately, I could find a way to install more without accessing the firmware files. Which I don’t recommend touching. The five watch faces on the other hand are fairly decent with two being digital and three being analog.
- One of the coolest things that Haylou decided to do was incorporate Bluetooth 5.0. This eliminates any latency and creates a seamless connection with your phone, ensuring the accurate transmission of real-time data. Also, push notifications are faster.
When we come to the Haylou Fit App, all I can really say is that it’s not bad. The interface is quite fast. However, I feel more comfortable with the Amazfit app. So, I might be a tad too biased with regards to this app. The developers have done a fairly decent job. So, I can’t hate either.
It can easily track the basics like steps, distance, calories and of course, you can access other features like alarms, notifications and much more.
As mentioned earlier this watch offers 12 sports modes, that can be further optimized using the Haylou Fit APP. These sports modes are:
- Fast Walking
- Indoor Running
- Integrated Training
The Haylou Smartwatch 2 also has an unbelievable accurate heart rate and sleep sensor. The sleep sensor, for example, tracks minute details such as light sleep, wakefulness and quantifies that data and helps you better understand your body and sleep cycle.
Using this watch is fairly simple, all you have to do is refer to the following instructions:
- To access the health stuff, specifically the heart rate widget, the daily activity widget, sleep and breathing widgets all you have to do is swipe right.
- Swipe left to access the shortcuts to the apps you use the most. Swipe down to access the status, notifications, battery life and settings
Xiaomi Haylou LS02 – Battery
The battery and the charging cable of the Haylou LS02 are vastly different compared to the previous generation. It’s equipped with a 260 mAh battery as opposed to the LS01’s 210 mAh battery. This not only offers longer battery life but it also offers longer stand by mode and most importantly, the longevity is drastically improved.
- Although i’ve just been using the device for a week the battery is still at 55%. Haylou claims that it’ll last 20 days on a single charge. Personally, I estimate it to last around 15-16 days. However, I put it through a lot. So, let’s just assume it can probably make it 18 days if you use it regularly.
- The charging process on the other hand is absolutely brilliant. Yes, it does get annoying cause it takes about 2 hours charge. But that’s honestly negligible compared to the two weeks that it offers. Haylou also included the magnetic charger that was introduced with the Haylou Solar.
- All of the latest Xiaomi Backed brands have moved towards this charging methodology and it’s honestly brilliant. It’s more convenient and saves you the hassle of removing the bands every time.
When it comes to the performance, the Haylou LS02 is hands down one of the best in its price segment. Both real-time performance and long term performance happen to be excellent. For example, when it comes to real-time performance, it has a smooth user interface that can transition between actions without any stutters or lags. Since it runs on Bluetooth 5.0, I haven’t faced half the issues that usually come with low budget smartwatches.
Furthermore, the sensors are extremely accurate. It can capture minute movements which is honestly surprise from a smartwatch that’s priced this low. It can capture resistance train without having to do HIIT. I bring this up because even the Mi Band 5 is incapable of capturing resistance training. There’s nothing to complain with regards to the battery life. It can last for 16 days with high usage.
As mentioned earlier long term performance is pretty good. I’ve used it for about 6 months now and haven’t run into any issues with the hardware. However, the firmware updates are a hit and miss. Although Haylou seems to be fixing bugs with each update. The notifications tend to get buggy every now and then. Especially, if you’re using it with the Haylou app.
Xiaomi Haylou Watch Review – Final Thoughts
Well, after extensively using it for an entire week, I can tell you that it’s absolutely worth it. Man I sometimes still can’t believe this was 20$. It’s insane that a watch that only costs that much can do so much. Not only are the functions and features cool but the design is downright stunning.
The watch has definitely evolved when compared to its predecessor, from the amped-up display and the battery to the lightweight and comfortable silicone band, this Haylou smartwatch is off the charts in terms of experience. The major factors I personally appreciate was the increased screen size, resolution and brightness. Check out our entire Xiaomi Haylou Watch Review for more details.
While the lack of water sports modes like swimming and diving was disappointing, I did love the 12 sports modes that it had to offer. Most importantly, the magnetic cable charger, amazing battery life, and Bluetooth 5.0 made this watch a brilliant investment.
What is Xiaomi Haylou?
Haylou is a smart wearables manufacturer that’s famous for smart bands such as the Haylou LS01, Haylou Solar and the Haylou LS02. Haylou is backed by Xiaomi which makes the wearables manufacturer a part of the Xiaomi Youpin ecosystem. All of Haylou’s products are known to disrupt the entry-level markets as they offer amazing tech at insanely low prices. Check out our Xiaomi Haylou Watch Review for more details.
- Kids can now learn Math! with their Mitu Smartwatch
- The Haylou Solar is Currently Dominating the smartwatch market for this reason
- Why Amazfit Stratos 3 Still one of the best smartwatches?
Table of Contents