Have you ever felt your muscles hurt or feel stiff after a bout of exercise? This primarily occurs because of excessive trauma to the Fascia. The Fascia is a soft tissue that wraps around your muscles, certain bones, and internal organs. Intense exercise or poor posture can cause muscle tears, damage, and soreness.
So it is extremely important to care for your muscles after a vigorous round of exercise. Xiaomi has created a fantastic solution to this never-ending problem: The Xiaomi Massage Gun.
Check out our Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun Review for all the details.
While you can stretch it out you won’t be able to target specific muscle groups, this is where devices like the Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun come in. With this brilliant gadget, you can work on specific body parts and alleviate current or future soreness and pain. It’s features like this that make this Xiaomi gadget a must-have in every gym bag.
This Xiaomi Massage Gun comes with 4 different heads that you can interchange between based on your needs. Although it doesn’t have varied features it does have remarkable engineering. So, let’s get to it, shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Massage Gun Review.
Xiaomi Massage Gun Review
Inside the Box
The Xiaomi Yunmai Massage gun is one of the few Xiaomi products that actually come in a companion case rather than the usual white cardboard. The Xiaomi Massage Gun comes in a really high-quality hard case that doubles as the carry pouch. The case is pretty solid with a layer of fabric on the exterior. You can also find a handle to carry at the top portion and zip around the circumference of the carry case.
Once you unzip the case, you will find:
- User Manual and a warranty card
- The body of the Xiaomi Massager
- Four different attachable massage heads
- Supportive components and accessories for the 4 massage heads
- And finally a power adapter
Read also: Check Xiaomi vs iPhone
Xiaomi Massage Gun Review – Hardware Specs
- Input voltage: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Interface type: DC, 19V, 1A
- Charging time: about 4 hours
- Intensity type: Intelligent 5 strength levels
- RPM: 1800 – 3200 rpm
- Torque: 70 mNm
- Operating noise: 45 dB
- Battery standard: IEC 62133
- Applicable environment: 0 – 40°C (32 – 104°F)
- Weight: 0.84 kg (1.85 lbs)
- Size: 179 x 60 x 236 mm (7 x 2.4 x 9.3 in)
Xiaomi Yunmai Review – Design
The design of the Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun really stands out. Unlike, the majority of Xiaomi’s products it’s quite unique at least aesthetically. As you can gather from the name it’s designed in the shape of a pistol gun which is quite different from their other massagers. While it may seem like a weird decision by Xiaomi this device offers ease as well as convenience when it comes to using.
- It doesn’t have Xiaomi’s usually white and grey color scheme. As you can see from the image, the device is a smooth dark grey in color. However, it still maintains Xiaomi’s Unique minimalist design.
- It’s about half an arm’s length in terms of height and weighs around 2 pounds. So it doesn’t get tedious during long massage sessions. This Xiaomi massager feels smooth to the touch it definitely has a unique texture to it. Unique minimalist design. So, overall it looks and feels quite premium.
- On both sides of the gun, you will find dark grey bands with the Yunmai brand name in white. The top portion has a circular plastic protrusion. This protrusion basically protects the internal mechanism. The body of the massager has an integrated closed structure that’s created with high-precision technology.
- The grip portion of the Xiaomi Yunmai Massage gun is quite robust and ergonomic.
- One of the most brilliant things about engineering is that even the materials are massage and user-friendly. This Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun uses a soft and skin-friendly food-grade silicone. It also has a unique honeycomb internal structure that provides cushioning and prevents damage to bones.
It also has four massage heads that are tailor-made to take care of every muscle group in the body. We’ve compiled a list of the four massage heads and the muscle group they can target:
- The Spherical will be your go-to massage head as it is meant for massaging large muscle groups such as arms, thighs, calves, lower back, and hips.
- The U-shaped head is probably the most unique and it does have a unique function: it is meant for the spine and the Achilles tendon.
- The cylindrical head is quite hard and it’s meant for deep tissue massages. Primarily palms and soles and the quasi-mythical meridians.
- At first glance, you’ll probably be confused as to what this head is for but it’s meant for relaxation after a workout and for shaping various muscle parts.
Xiaomi Massage Gun – Function and Use
While the function of the Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun is seemingly simple, it’s actually quite profound. This massage gun basically, penetrates deep into the Fascia and stimulates it through high-frequency vibrations. This causes the lactic acid that’s generated after exercise to disintegrate thereby relaxing the tight and rigid muscle. Doing this will also release the muscles that are sticking together and prevent muscle soreness.
- This Xiaomi Massage Gun has a 60 W high-power motor that generates a powerful torque creating a surging power source. All of this helps the massage head impact the muscle at a speed of 3200 rpm reaching 12 mm deep into your body.
- The Consecutive impacts will make sure to energize each cell and eventually have you rolling with pleasure. Although that’s a tad bit exaggerated, it isn’t that far from the truth. It is designed to be highly effective with a double-bearing transmission structure that creates a special honeycomb process by compressing the size of the vestibule and central wing portion.
- It’s a device with reliable engineering that ensures safe operation. It greatly reduces wear and heat while achieving stable braking and retraction. The performance is just as outstanding as the design and you can be assured that the massage gun will last for a long time.
- This Xiaomi Massager is equipped with a lithium battery of 2600 mAh power and is designed to use its energy as efficiently as possible. Basically, if you use this device for 10 minutes a day it can last for 80 days on a single charge.
The Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun is equipped with a WHISPERM noise reduction technology which limits the noise to 45 dB just like a whisper. This results in a quiet environment regardless of the high-power motor. So, You don’t need to be concerned about bothering other people at the GYM.
- This Xiaomi gun offers three modes of operation that are suitable for different muscles. The three modes are different with respect to intensity and vibrations. And of course, it has 4 types of massage heads made from silicone for specific muscles.
Yunmai Gun Battery
As mentioned earlier the Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun has an in-built 2600 mAh Lithium polymer battery. This battery has a fantastic production time per charge with it able to last for 80 days on a single charge. This is of course, based on you using it for the recommended time of ten minutes per day.
Mi Massage Gun – Key Features
- The Xiaomi Yunmai can provide a highly efficient 10-minute massage that can easily get rid of fatigue.
- In order to prevent prolonged massage on the same body part and damage to the muscle and bones, this device is equipped with an Intelligent Shutdown Protection. Basically, it’ll automatically stop after ten minutes of continuous use to ensure safety.
- This massager has a user-friendly design with a comfortable grip. It also comes with a one-click control and a portable carry case to use it wherever you want.
- Of course, it also comes with a Whisperm technology which limits noise emission to 45db. With 3200 rpm, it can activate the muscles, stimulate blood, and reduce muscle pain. You also have three-speed settings to choose your preferred level of intensity.
- With the 2600mAh battery, you can use it ten minutes a day for 80 days on a single charge.
- Equipped with 4 massage heads that target various body parts. Refer to our Xiaomi Massage Gun Review for all the details.
Xiaomi Massage Gun vs Theragun
Theragun is an American-based sports-care brand that specializes in percussion therapy. Founded in 2008, Theragun has been known in the sports industry as a trusted brand whose devices help break up scar tissue and stimulates the flow of blood.
Currently, Theragun has 4 models of their handheld massagers and these have proven to be effective treatment devices for patients in need.
At a mid-range price of $199, the Theragun Mini is the most portable massage gun on the market.
Let’s look at how the Xiaomi Massage Gun performs in this comparison against the Theragun Mini.
Build and Specifications – Xiaomi Massage Gun vs Theragun
While taking size and design into consideration, the Theragun is much lighter and more compact than the Xiaomi Massage gun. At 6*5.3*2.25″ the Theragun Mini does not resemble a typical massage gun but carries a triangular design that makes it portable and can be carried around wherever you may go.
Although the Theragun Mini is small, it’s not ideal for a total body massage as it tends to get uncomfortable to reach certain areas of the body. The Xiaomi massage gun on the other hand is easier to use and would not require you to stretch a lot to reach areas like your back.
|Xiaomi Massage Gun||Theragun Mini|
|Speeds||1800. 2400, 3200 percussion per minute||1750, 2100, 2400 percussion’s per minute|
|Dimensions and Weight||9 in x 9 in, 700g||6 in x 5.3 in x 2.25 in; 650g|
|Battery Life / Charge Time||80 days (10 minutes per day) / 80 minutes||150 minutes / 80 minutes|
|Battery Type||2600 mAh Lithium battery||12V Lithium-ion|
|Motor||60W Brush-less high-speed motor||QX35 Motor with QuietForce Technology|
Functionality – Xiaomi Massage Gun vs Theragun
Both products have one thing in common, the ability to penetrate deep into the tissue and relieve fatigue by relaxing the muscle.
- The Xiaomi Massage Gun uses a high-powered 60W brush-less motor which can attain a maximum of 3200 percussions in a single minute making it faster than the Theragun. While Theragun does not pack quite a punch as Xiaomi does, it surely has enough power to match other top models. The maximum percussion the Theragun can attain is 2400 per minute.
- Unlike the Xiaomi Massage Gun, Theragun Mini does not retail with additional massage heads and comes with only the Standard ball attachment. However, the Theragun Mini is compatible with all their 4th gen accessories which can be bought separately.
Verdict – Xiaomi Massage Gun vs Theragun
Between the Xiaomi Massage Gun and Theragun Mini, it’s quite clear that Xiaomi has yet again decided to focus on delivering a top-notch product at a very affordable price.
The design and functions of the Xiaomi Massage Gun are far superior to the Theragun Mini. With a larger battery, powerful motor, and available with 4 different massage heads, the Xiaomi Massage Gun is clearly worth every penny.
- Very quiet operation
- Charging stand with built-in head storage
Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun Review – Final Thoughts
The Xiaomi Massage Gun is a brilliant solution for a repetitive problem that most face on a daily basis. Not only is the portable nature of the device useful but the functionality alone is more than enough to say “it’s definitely worth it!”.
- Honestly, This device can help alleviate a tremendous amount of muscle soreness, and pain and even potentially prevent major muscle damage. After using this massager for a few weeks, I have to say I’m completely hooked. It really does help. Although it feels good at that moment, in the long run, I’ve felt my muscles body become light and my muscles more elastic.
- The automatic shut-off feature is more of an indicator to let you when to stop targeting a specific area. I mean sometimes it just feels so good you keep it in a specific place for a long during which can get harmful. The low noise feature is great as I usually get irritated by repetitive loud noise.
- Of course, the design of the device is quite ergonomic and can help support you throughout your massage sessions.
All in all The Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun is a wonderful gadget that is worth every penny.
Is the Xiaomi Massage Gun Good?
Yes, the Xiaomi Massage Gun is pretty great. It can help alleviate muscle soreness and pain. And if you use it right and consistently, it can potentially improve your muscle longevity.
It’s relatively compact and you can pretty much use it anywhere. With the Xiaomi Yunmai Massage Gun, you can give yourself a highly efficient 10-minute massage that can easily get rid of fatigue.
It also comes with unique features such as Whisper technology which limits noise emission to 45db. Check out our Xiaomi Massage Gun Review for more details.
Is a massager gun worth it?
Yes, massage guns are worth it, especially if you are an athlete. Massage guns can improve the chance of recovery after intense activity or even after an injury. Massage guns improve the recovery of muscles by increasing blood flow to the area.
Massage guns can target small and large muscles precisely. And the deep percussive pressure relieves stiffness and improves blood flow increasing recovery and reducing pain and tension in your muscles. Massage guns are a must-have for regular players.
Check our Xiaomi massage gun review, it is one of the best you can get.
Is it okay to use a massage gun every day?
Yes, it is okay and safe to use a Massage gun every day. But you should know that the benefits can diminish with regular use.
We recommend you use massage guns on alternative days at least for better results. But from our experience, using a foam roller one day, then contrast baths on the second day, and a massage gun on the third day. This cycle works best for me. Check out our xiaomi massage gun review for more details.
- These Xiaomi Earphones Will Blow Your Mind
- Secure Your Home With The Xiaomi Security Camera
- Xiaomi Walking Pad Review
Say Yes to Xiaomi! I am one of the BIG FAN to Xiaomi Products. I can’t resist the things they created or partner within their ecosystem. So my advice to you is “JUST BUY LAH”!
Xiaomi Massage Gun
Check out our Xiaomi Massage Gun Review!
Product SKU: XR199290
Product Brand: Xiaomi
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 100
Price Valid Until: 2021-12-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents