A Futuristic Vacuum Cleaner
Store Name: Perfection Technology
Store Description: The home of all amazing smart home appliances like the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner.
Price range: $180
If you are a Singapore buyer, check it out here on Lazada SG
2022 is the year Xiaomi is looking to shake up the whole electronics game by going after the big guns in consumer electronics. They’ve competed with Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Sony, and now they are competing with consumer goods giant that nobody thought they’ll go against and that’s Dyson. Yup, Xiaomi launched a brilliant device.
Check out the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review for all the details.
The Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner is one of the most highly rated vacuum cleaners and they compete directly with Dyson’s vacuum cleaners as they come with a bunch of convenient features. It’s a must-have Xiaomi product for every home.
Xiaomi Mi Handheld Vacuum Review
In this review of the Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner, you’ll find out how to use the product and see if it’s worth a buy or not!
Mi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review
Can it be an alternative to the legendary Dyson? I believe so!
Inside the Box
The 1C Xiaomi Vacuum cleaner comes with a vacuum cleaner, four types of brush heads for various types of cleaning, a charging cable, a mountable charging dock for easy charging, and instruction manuals on how to operate the device.
Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Size||320mm X 210mm X 110mm|
|Battery||2500 mAh and 21.6V Lithium iON battery|
|Motor||100 AW suction|
|Moto RPM||100,000 RPM brushless motor|
|Engine type||9-cyclone engine|
|Suction types||2 levels (Medium and Max)|
|Filters||5 filters with PM2.5 filtration|
|Brush heads||4 types|
|Noise levels||72 decibels|
Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Design
The design of the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner is pretty interesting. It looks like a mix of a juicer with a saw handle at the end and a nozzle for cleaning things. It looks futuristic, but most importantly it’s functional.
- This Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner is a light device that weighs around 1.50 kg and can be used by everybody. Its modular design makes it looks and feel like it’s a contraption right out of sci-fi movie.
- As mentioned earlier its highly functional as it comes with a variety of brush heads, like the roller brush, electric mites brush and different brush nozzles.
These brushes help the vacuum enormously as it can deep clean almost anything. The range of things it can clean is from regular dust to animal hair, etc.
We’ll go in-depth into the function and use below.
How do I use the Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner?
And of course, the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Price and Review wouldn’t be comprehensive enough without the function and use of the vacuum cleaner.
The mi handheld vacuum cleaner is fairly simple to use.
- This vacuum cleaner is wireless so make sure there is enough charge before using it.
- Once there is enough charge, press the trigger-like button on the handle. You need to constantly press the button to keep the Vacuum running.
- There’s a max button on top of the handle within the reach of your thumb finger. The start button held simultaneously with the max button gives you maximum suction that can suck out the most stubborn dust.
- You can seriously achieve an unbelievable deep clean in this mode. If you use the vacuum cleaner in this mode constantly, be warned that it will drain a considerable amount of battery power.
The vacuum container that holds the dust and garbage is transparent. So you can see when the garbage section is full. There is a small button you can click down to open that container and discard the contents.
Each and every component pertaining to the garbage collection can be removed.
- The container that holds the dust and the filters and the other components. All of them can be washed with water separately.
- The handheld vacuum cleaner comes with four brushes and a big extension rod. You can use the brush heads with the extension rod if you want to clean the floor or places of the house you can’t reach easily.
- If you want to clean couches and easily accessible sections of the house, then you don’t need the extension rod.
Now, let’s get to the different types of brushes:
Soft Velvet Electric Brush
This electric brush basically rolls and helps in cleaning up the floor.
- This brush is your go-to brush for the majority of cleaning sessions and surfaces. However, it tends to work best on hard and relatively smooth surfaces like hardwood or tiles. It can effectively get rid of debris like dust and solid dirt. It can also do an amazing job with stains. In fact, this is probably the most useful aspect when it comes to this brush. You can use water in tandem with this brush to get rid of stains.
- While it is extremely versatile, it does have its cons. For example, it is quite ineffective on carpets and thick rugs. Not only will it mess up an already messy stain but it can barely get debris like hair or pet dander from the carpet. You can try to use other attachments. But will significantly increase your cleaning time.
The second brush is primarily dedicated to dust removal.
- This is another rotating cleaner that is used primarily for cleaning dust from the sofa and the bed. The dust removal attachment is one of the reasons why you should invest in this beast. This amazing attachment can effectively get rid of dust and allergens like pollens that get lodged in between the threads of the couch, pillows, or mattress.
- It has minute hard brush-like hair on the surface that separates the fabric on the couch, making it much easier to get rid of the dust and microbial trash. It is also very useful when cleaning dust mite excrement and mold spores from the bed and couch. Perfect for people who suffer from constant allergies.
The traditional brush is when your brush off stuff while the suction sucks out the dust.
- This is perfect for cleaning any spills on your keyboard.
- Also very useful for pollen and other particulate matter.
The crevice nozzle is probably the most important brush that comes with the Xiaomi vacuum.
- This is perfect for cleaning corners, gaps in between couches, inside cupboards, and more.
The combination of these four brushes makes this a super awesome cleaning device.
As mentioned earlier it weighs about 1.5kgs so it’s very easy to carry not to mention the super-powerful suction feature. So, this is a product that’s definitely worth the money. Oh, and another interesting thing is that the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner even sounds like a futuristic spaceship. It’s nothing like those annoying and noisy older vacuum cleaners.
Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Review – Key Features
- The 9 cyclone technology has 100,000-revolutions-per-minute. This creates a great suction power that can trap dirt particles up to 0.3 microns in size, so it can basically clean 99.7% of all dirt and dust.
- Weighs around 1.5 kg so it’s super lightweight and easy to carry around the house.
- The 4 Multi-functional brushes.
- All parts except the motor and electric brush are washable.
- Low noise of 72 dB.
- It’s easy to store and also comes with a mounted charging station.
Out of all the vacuum cleaners I’ve used in the past decade, this Xiaomi vacuum cleaner is without a doubt, the best in terms of performance. However, that’s only with respect to its price and segment. You actually do get a more powerful vacuum cleaner that is way expensive. the most amazing thing is that although this vacuum isn’t as powerful as the higher-end Dysons of the world. It isn’t far off.
- So, say that this beauty is not only affordable, it’s great when it comes to performing efficiently in 60 minutes. For example, The lightweight design and ergonomic handle help you easily maneuver common household obstacles in a short amount of time. Since vacuuming itself is such a manual task. This vacuum helps you do it easily and quickly which is why when it comes to the question of performance it’s one of the best.
- The Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner is both powerful enough and it’s more than capable of cleaning sizeable debris. Not a lot of vacuums can actually suck things like gravel. Yes, gravel. It can cut through dirt. So, you don’t have to re-vacuum a part of the floor once, you’ve already gone past it.
- The process of cleaning is made even more efficient and faster due to the existence of the 9 Cyclone technology. What this essentially does is separate the collective dirt and filter it so, as to not block vacuum the slow down mechanism. This is why it can achieve high RPMs and power.
- Although it helps you effectively clean stuff, it does have certain issues. I’ll get to specifics with regards to the effectiveness in the next section.
How effective is the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner?
If you want to know what it can clean. The Xiaomi vacuum cleaner can clean most types of things really well, except it struggles with certain types of debris that get stuck with the vacuum cleaner.
- For example, paper and long hair get stuck if you use the wrong type of brush. It can vacuum thick remains like cigarette butts also. So, It’s pretty damn effective.
- The only issue is that it lasts for 60 minutes and it takes about 3.5 hours to charge it. So, it’s great if you have a small apartment. But for huge mansions, you’ll probably have to recharge the thing a few times. If you want complete automation, Xiaomi has also manufactured a Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
In addition to stellar battery life, this Xiaomi Mi Cordless Vacuum Cleaner offers thorough and effective deep cleaning features. What makes this possible is the amazing suction power that is generated by the 00,000 RMP motor. This along with the 9 cyclone technology not only removes minute allergens and particulate matter but also effectively filters it making it much more efficient. This efficiency, in turn, makes it possible for this Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust and matter that are as little as 0.3 microns in size. That’s pretty much 98% of all allergens.
The 9-cyclone engine aerodynamic engineering is what you’re actually paying for. While there are vacuum cleaners that give you the power, they tend to clog up faster because they don’t have an efficient filtration system. This technology on the other hand ensures that the high-powered suction lasts for the entire duration of cleaning. It also improves the longevity of the device itself.
Deep cleaning is only effective if you can get rid of the allergens in the most sensitive portion of your house. And that happens to be the bed where you essentially spend a good portion of your life. Our beds not only contain the microscopic debris from our bodies but it also tends to have microscopic mites. And Xiaomi has provided attachments that make it possible to get rid of these. The powerful suction and the perfect attachment can drastically reduce your chances of falling sick.
The Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner has decent battery life. While it won’t match Dyson’s battery life, it does compensate with its efficient power management and other features such as cyclone technology. As mentioned earlier, the existence of this 9 cyclone technology efficiently filters particulate matter based on its size and it virtually never clogs.
This not only helps with deep cleaning but also increases battery life. Most importantly, this power management system actually improves the lifespan of the battery itself. So, you expect it to run for years without any issues.
So, how long can it last? Well, the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum cleaner is equipped with a 2500 mAh battery. And considering the power it requires to produce such terrifying suction, this vacuum can last for a decent 30-32 minutes on a single charge. While it may seem like it’s too short. Keep in mind this is a cordless vacuum cleaner that offers tremendous maneuverability.
Xiaomi also claims that it can clean 160 square meters before it runs out of charge. After having put it through our very own tests we’ve determined this to be accurate. So, it can easily help you clean an entire floor at a time.
Of course, this is only with respect to your average home. If you are planning cleaning a huge mansion, then be prepared to recharge it multiple times. Fortunately, it only takes 60 minutes for it to charge to completion. So, it isn’t extremely annoying.
How much can you vacuum in a single charge?
The Xiaomi handheld vacuum can last for around 160 square meters of cleaning per charge. So, basically, it can clean a tiny apartment with a charge that lasts for 60 minutes.
How do you charge the vacuum cleaner?
Charging the Vacuum cleaner is fairly simple. The Mi handheld vacuum cleaner has a charging port. As its electric, you can set up the dock and charge it.
Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner Review – Final Thoughts
The Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner is an amazing product. It’s super effective, light, and powerful. It’s absolutely worth your money as it can replace your other single-purpose vacuum cleaners.
Is it better than the Dyson vacuum cleaner?
My answer is a unanimous yes.
- Multiple attachments that are very useful
- Can clean crevices and stains on hardwood floors
- Design and efficiency
- The battery life
- Not great at cleaning certain stains from carpets.
Xiaomi Mi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner vs Dyson
|Features||Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum 1C||Dyson V8|
|Run Time||60 Minutes||40 Mins|
|Suction Power||120 AW||115 AW|
|Recharge Time||3.5 Hours||5 Hours|
|Dust Box Capacity||0.5 Liters||0.54 Liters|
|Weight||1.5 Kg||2.6 Kg|
We used both the Xiaomi Mi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner and the Dyson V8 for about a week. And after the comparison, we’ve found that the Xiaomi Mi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is a unanimous winner.
Let’s start with the design, shall we?
- Xiaomi’s 1C handheld vacuum is not as flashy as Dyson’s V8. The Dyson V8 is a combination of dark blue and orange. Even the yellow stickers on the duct compartment are obnoxious. It is quite irritating to look at, especially if you attach it to the wall mount. It really pops out and not in a good way. Xiaomi’s wall mount looked futuristic.
- So, unless you want a weird machine that looks like an industrial bug spray in the middle of your house, I’d suggest you go for the elegant Xiaomi Handheld vacuum.
Xiaomi’s handheld vacuum is quite beautiful with its white design with orange accents. It actually goes well with any kind of house due to its minimalistic design and color scheme.
As for the function, Xiaomi still takes the cake.
- Ergonomically, both were very similar in terms of grip. So, the level of comfort when using these vacuums for a long duration was about the same. But Xiaomi was lighter than Dyson by about two pounds, I felt the difference towards the very end of my cleaning session.
- In terms of suction power, Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum was slightly more powerful than the Dyson V8. Although it was very negligible, it still is significant.
- Another important metric for this comparison was the size of the dust cup. In this case, Dyson’s V8 seemed to win as it was 0.04 liters more than that of Xiaomi.
- When it came to the attachments, Xiaomi had more variations than Dyson. But, the clearance between the brushes of the attachment was higher in the Dyson. This basically, helped it suck the trash faster.
- However, Dyson fell far behind when it came to Xiaomi’s reach into nooks and crannies.
- Fortunately, both have HEPA filters. So, you don’t have to worry about Allergens. But, you do need a replacement filter and Xiaomi filters were significantly cheaper than Dyson’s filters.
- Xiaomi’s handheld Vacuum has a 2500mAh lithium battery, so it lasted for about an hour. But Dyson’s V8 lasted only for a measly 38 minutes on low and took me about 5 hours to recharge it. Whereas the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum took me about 3.5 hours to re-charge.
- In terms of performance, both were very similar, the Xiaomi triumphed on hardwood floors, whereas the Dyson was better at carpets. But the difference was very negligible. With respect to cleaning both were more or less equal.
However, the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum is the overall winner because it has a better battery performance, more power, more variations, and cheaper filter options. The Dyson V8 lost by negligible numbers barring battery life. Another important metric was the warranty. And the Dyson still lost as its warranty period is 2-years. Whereas Xiaomi’s Handheld Vacuum has a warranty of 3 years.
Which is the best handheld vacuum cleaner?
The Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner 1C is one of the best vacuum cleaners out there, even better than the Dyson. The incredible features help you deep clean almost everything in your house.
- The 9 cyclone technology help capture particulate matter up to 0.3 micros so it can easily clean dust, pollens, and even allergens such as mite excrement.
- It comes with various attachments that make your cleaning easier. Especially, if you are working and barely have the time. These attachments can quickly clean all nooks and crannies.
- The performance is fantastic as the Xiaomi handheld vacuum has a high suction power and decent battery life
Read through the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review for all the details.
How do I clean my Xiaomi handheld vacuum?
There is a latch below the dust collector. So if you unlock it, a lip opens up and you can easily discard the contents.
- You can also remove the dust collector itself from the entire contraption if you want to clean it or you can individually remove and wash all the parts except for the motor and the electric brush. Read through the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review for all the details.
How do I choose a handheld vacuum?
There are certain things to consider when choosing a handheld vacuum. For example, the following factors:
- By battery life, I don’t just mean the run time but also the re-charge time. Go for handheld vacuum cleaners that can last anywhere between 45-60 minutes on a single charge.
- It’d be great if the recharge time is around three hours. That’s the best you’re going to get unless you want to shell out serious money.
- Battery life can be important based on your cleaning schedule. You should be charging the vacuum multiple times during your cleaning session.
Size and Weight
- The size is important because you should buy the vacuum based on your needs. do you have a small apartment or a big house?
- Make sure it’s lightweight because regardless of your strength. You will find it uncomfortable using a heavy vacuum during long cleaning sessions. It will definitely affect your wrists.
- No, you don’t have to buy a vacuum to figure out the performance. You can read reviews like this one, to get an idea. Ideally, go for a vacuum with good suction power and airflow.
- Also, check out the specs of the vacuum and the voltage requirements. Anything with a motor of 10W rpm and above is decent.
- When buying a handheld vacuum cleaner for home. Make sure you buy one with a lot of attachments. They should be able to get into corners easily.
- A good rule to follow when buying vacuum cleaners is to find one with attachments that can clean furniture and the area around that furniture.
- If you have pets or live in a dusty environment make sure to choose a vacuum cleaner that can provide the necessary brushes that can clean hair, pollens, and other allergens.
Size of the Dust Container
- This one is quite important as you should at the most dump the contents of the container after the entire cleaning session or a maximum of one time. Any more trips to the trash can and the vacuum is pretty bad.
- Ideally, make sure you don’t spend more than 400 dollars on a Handheld Vacuum. There are much better alternatives out there.
- In fact, there are vacuums out there that can actually deliver the same performance and higher battery life of any vacuum that’s nearing the $500 dollar mark.
- If you check out the comparison between the Xiaomi handheld vacuum and the Dyson V8 You’ll get a better picture. Check out the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review for all the details.
Which Xiaomi handheld vacuum is the best?
The Xiaomi Roidmi F8 handheld vacuum cleaner is the best Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner. It supports horizontal cleaning, has a light build, charges quickly, and stores the charge for a long time. It has an ergonomic design that allows you to hold it easily. It comes in a regular mode and a max mode for intensive cleaning.
Are Xiaomi vacuum cleaners good?
Xiaomi vacuum cleaners are top-notch and they come in both handheld and robotic versions. The handheld versions are cordless allowing you to clean around the house without worrying about the extent of the cord. Some versions of the cleaner also have a mopping mode that mops the floor after vacuuming it saving you time and energy.
Which is better the Roomba or Xiaomi?
With more advanced navigation technologies and sensors, the Xiaomi line of robot cleaners is better than the Roomba cleaners. The price point of the Xiaomi brand of robot cleaners is also cheaper than the Roomba. While the iRobot Roomba 980 needs light to work, the Xiaomi Mi robot cleaner can even work in the dark.
What is the latest handheld Xiaomi vacuum cleaner?
The latest Xiaomi handheld vacuum cleaner is the Xiaomi Mi handheld vacuum cleaner. It boasts the impressive 9-cyclone technology that captures a whopping 99.97% of particles. The unique 9-cyclone engine separates dust particles as they pass through the vacuum and does not clog the engine. The filtration system of the vacuum cleaner allows it to capture all the dust that gets in and prevents dust from being recirculated back into the air.
Is a cordless vacuum worth it?
Cordless vacuum cleaners are much better than corded vacuum cleaners, they are convenient and easy to clean. Cordless vacuum cleaners while expensive, offer tons of cool features that make life and cleaning easy compared to corded vacuums. I would definitely recommend saving up a bit more and investing in a cordless vacuum over a coded one.
How long do cordless vacuums last?
Cordless vacuums should be good for at least three years. A well-maintained cordless vacuum should last at least 3-5 years easily. After this period you might see battery damage or cleaning head damage which might need replacing.
How long do handheld vacuums last?
Handheld vacuums should last for at least three years. A well-maintained handheld vacuum should last at least 3-5 years easily. After this period you might see battery damage or cleaning head damage which might need replacing.
Other User Reviews
After scouring the internet and various E-Commerce platforms. Here’s what users had to say about the Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner:
Initially, I was biased about this kind of vacuum cleaner, but after reading a lot of positive reviews I decided to take a chance. The vacuum cleaner was delivered instantly, everything is intact and safe. Special thanks for that!
Although I had low expectations at first, the vacuum cleaner surpassed all my expectations by perfectly adapting to any surfaces. You can also use it to clean a car!
The quality of the vacuum is great as it uses applied technologies of the highest level. Yes, it is not as cheap as many would like, but this is the case when the invested money fully justifies itself. Compared it with the Dyson V7 (familiar), eventually upset people. Not only is Dyson overpriced but it also worse in terms of quality. I totally recommend this Xiaomi product! Good luck!Pavlov from Russia
Amazing vacuum I did some research before purchasing and it’s honestly so wonderful a real game changer !!! It’s so lightweight AND CUTE !! Wonderful design and I’m here for that. I will mention though I had to pay an extra $24 CAD ($18USD) for international customs to release it and then an extra $44 CAD from DHLAlisha from Canada
If you’re ordering from the UK don’t bother with the adapter. just get the standard one and use an ordinary shaver adapterSteven from UK
Also Read :
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum vs Neato BotVac Connected
- Best Xiaomi Robot Vacuum
- Where to buy Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner in Singapore?
Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Here's our Xiaomi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review!
Product SKU: K001921
Product Brand: Xiaomi
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 200
Price Valid Until: 2021-06-30
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents