Xiaomi Robo Vacuum - Save Time and Energy!
Store Name: My Robot Hub
Store Description: Most sellers don't sell the robot cleaner. But the Robot Hub not only has the robot vacuums, but also the peripheral accessories!
Price range: $50 - $500
Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Best Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner in the planet? We think so!
User Review( vote)
As the world moves towards complete automation, mundane tasks like cleaning and even serving food in restaurants have been taken over by robots. Although this level of automation is seemingly inaccessible to the layman, a company called iRobot developed a self-cleaning robot called the Roomba in the early 2000s. These disk-shaped vacuums automatically cleaned your home. Xiaomi saw value in this device and improved it even further. Check out the Xiaomi Mi Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2nd Gen Price and Review for all the details.
Over time, Xiaomi developed the Mi Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner range of devices that became better at cleaning and navigating the house with the power of AI (Artificial Intelligence). Recently, Xiaomi released the second generation which is filled with a bunch of amazing tech and features. It’s one of the latest gadgets from Xiaomi that a must-have in every home.
What really sets this device apart from similar devices is not the amazing tech or brilliant functionality. It’s popular because it’s super affordable. Let get into the review to find out what this smart device can really do, shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Mi Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2nd Gen Price and Review.
Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner 2
Xiaomi has always been known for taking a product and drastically reducing the price without affecting the quality or the tech. And that’s exactly what they’ve done with the Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner. We cover the Xiaomi Mi Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner in this review and we summarize whether it’s a good buy or not!
Inside the Box
Inside the box, you get the Robot Vacuum Cleaner, The Adapter and a Charging Dock. The Charging Dock is this small device that is placed on the floor, where the robot vacuum cleaner automatically places itself and starts charging. This is a pretty nifty device.
The design of the Mi Smart Robo Vacuum is pretty simple and elegant. It’s how most Roombas look. It has a pristine white finish that looks like most Xiaomi devices. The best part is, it looks elegant and will not look glaring or bad at your home.
- On the top, there is a home button and the Power button. The device can be turned on from there or through the app. The base of the Robot Vacuum Cleaner has the sweeper which basically performs the functions of a broom.
- There is a strong suction at the base and also the vacuum cleaner has shock absorbers so that it can navigate through uneven terrain.
- It might look like a plain and simple design, but it has various sensors built-in, which are Laser Distance Sensor, Wall Sensor, Dustbin Sensor, Collision sensor, Ultrasonic Radar Sensor.
In the down panel, there are more sensors that are fan speed sensor, electronic compass, cliff sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, Drop sensor and speed meter. This is one of those devices that looks great and has numerous functions in a very simple setup.
Function and Use
Now let’s get to how the Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner works. Now you might think this is just a glorified vacuum cleaner, but that is just putting it mildly. The Mi Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a computer vacuum cleaner.
- It has a Laser Distance Sensor which scans the entire room or your entire house and maps how your house looks. It scans 1800 times per second.
- The software inside which is called Simultaneous Localization and Mapping is an algorithm that figures out the most efficient path for cleaning the house. This is important because this is a device that runs on battery, it needs to cover a good distance before it runs out of power.
- The Intelligent Route Planning ensures that the robot takes a Z path approach to clean your house. When you open the app, you can see the real-time path taken by the robot to clean your house.
- It has a 3-dimensional cleaning system which ensures it cleans up everything that is dust, granules and other crud in the house.
The App is not only for show but also has other features such as manual control, where you can guide the robot to clean a particular portion of the house. This is my favourite part because more often than not, I know where my house is dirty and I want it to be clean.
- So when I am out of the house, I let the smart Robot Vacuum to do whatever, but when I’m in the house I manually lift the cleaner and set it up in one spot, where it can clean that area. This is much better for me and makes my life super easy.
The battery is a 5200 mAh, which in my personal opinion is a bit less. This gives you 2.5 hours of cleaning continuously. If you want to know how much distance it can cover in that time, then it is 250 sqm.
- If you are wondering, the quality of the cleaner. It can clean out steel beads, soybeans, dust, millets. Looking at these items, it’s pretty clear it can clean out sizeable debris.
However, it doesn’t clean wet grease or wet puddles and this is a problem for many people. So the best way to use this cleaner is to actually use it as a sweeper and then you use a mopper after the robot vacuum’s work is done.
When it comes to performance, this 2nd generation Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner is one of the best. what truly surprising is that it’s equal if not better in terms of performance when it compared with the latest generation of Xiaomi Robot Vacuum cleaners. The performance is one of the few reasons why this device worth its value and much more.
- Simply put the mark of a great performing Robot vacuum is limited to none human interaction or input. And this beauty is completely automated. Barring the first few times, I stuck close to it like an idiot, these days I just get updates on my phone while this machine is cleaning up in another room.
- Real-time performance-wise this robot vacuum cleaner maps your house and plots it’s cleaning trajectory. When low on charge it goes back to its hub and it charges itself. It’s honestly a very low maintenance device. the effectiveness is debatable, to be honest. I’ve realized I can clean the house much faster with a broom or a vacuum. To me, this robot vacuum cleaner is a device that prevents the accumulation of dust and helps clean up after me in the most minimal way possible.
- However, it’s not like I absolutely haven’t benefited from it either. If I’m strapped for time, I simply put a marker on the app and this machine goes up to that room or space and cleans it up.
Long term performance-wise, it’s absolutely brilliant. This is my second year with this device and it’s still going strong. I had no problems with it whatsoever. If I had to mention an issue it would be the brushes. Although they are effective and washable, they have a short lifespan of 300 cleaning hours. So, you’ll be going through quite a bit. in the past two years, I’ve gone through at least 10 brushes.
Xiaomi Mi Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2nd Gen Price and Review – Final Thoughts
The Xiaomi Mi Smart Robot Vacuum is a bit of a hit or a miss. It depends completely on your requirements. As a complete, all-out cleaning tool, it does not do much, because it cleans out onyl dry dirt and dust. In my house, we clean the floor with a broom and remove any dust particles, fallen hair, dead skin cells and other dry dirt before we mop.
- In this particular activity, the Xiaomi Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner succeeds exceedingly well. This means, I don’t have to waste my time with a broom, cleaning up the dust, I just have to mop. So I save around 20 minutes on a daily basis and around 2 hours a week by using the Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner. Most importantly, I save my energy.
Finally is it worth the price?
Considering I can use this device for at least 4 to 5 years, that means I save hundreds of hours and effort over many years, which makes this product absolutely worth it.
- Automated House Mapping
- Automated trajectory planning
- 360-degree cleaning technology
- Completely automated, no intervention required
- Works with an app which can be controlled
- Cleans up major dry dust and particles
- 2.5 hours of continuous cleaning
- Much cheaper than the rivals
- Does not clean wet waste
- Can be a tad expensive
- Good only for small houses
How do I connect my MI robot vacuum?
You can connect to the MI robot vacuum using the Mi Home app. You can find it in the play store but if you can’t, you’ll be able to find a QR code inside the Instruction manual. Scan this QR code to download the app.
- Once you install the app, go to settings and change the language from the default Chinese to whatever you want.
- Next, choose the server based on where your geographically located.
- Once you’ve done this, go to My Device and sync the smartphone with the device.
- Now, enter your WI-fi name and password
- Once the connection is completed go back to WLAN settings and Change the name of the device to “rockrobo-vacuum-xxx”
- Now go back to Mi Home app. It will notify the name change. After that, click on “experience”. This will download the necessary plugins for your phone.
- Once that’s done, click on the “experience now” message. Click on it and agree to the terms.
- Now the connection is stable and you can pretty much control the vacuum cleaner remotely from your phone.
- Keep Your Water Warm For Up To 30 Minutes With This smart Kettle
- Stay Warm And Cozy With This Amazing Smart Heater
- Enshrine Those Beautiful Moments and Memories with This Photo Printer
Table of Contents