Xiaomi has made numerous products for the home and has also made amazing accessories for the car. They’ve left no stone unturned when it comes to creating brilliant products. I’ve personally used numerous Xiaomi products and am always flabbergasted by the features and functions of these cool products. Recently, I tested the Xiaomi Car Charger and it turned out to be quite amazing. Not only did it help charge my phone from 0 to 100% in less than 45 minutes but is also has three ports that be used to charge multiple devices. Check out our Xiaomi Car Charger Price and Review for more details.
In this Xiaomi Car Charger Review, we tell you what you need to know about this product. The features, specifications and the our final thoughts:. Is it worth it or not? So, let’s check it out, shall we? Here’s the Xiaomi Car Charger Price and Review.
After having reviewed based on various factors and used the Xiaomi car charger for almost 1.5 years, I can definitely state that:
The Xiaomi Car Charger is definitely one of kind. It’s compatible with pretty much all cars that has an output of 12 to 14V. Most importantly, it comes with loads of features like an LED light to illuminate the dual-USB ports, a chip that protects the charger/phone from voltage issues and a feature that protects the charger from high temperatures. And like all Xiaomi products, this charger is extremely affordable at $15.
Xiaomi Car Charger Price and Review
Inside the Box
The Xiaomi Car Charger, like most of Xiaomi’s products comes in a sturdy white cardboard box. On the box box you’ll find an image of the charger. You will also find some technical information and specs on the base of the box. Unfortunately it will be in Chinese but you don’t need to be too concerned as the usage is fairly simple. Inside the box, you just find the:
- Xiaomi car charger
- And an instruction manual.
The design of the Xiaomi car charger is pretty awesome. This is honestly a very good looking gadget and comes in a grey finish with a glossy layer. The combination of the structural design and the finish makes it look quite premium. Although it is fairly small in size, you can definitely feel it’s weight. This can be primarily attributed to the high-quality materials.
- While it looks good, it has a straightforward design. This device is designed to fit into the car’s cigarette lighter socket. So, this device is split into two portions: the base and the head.
- The base has two contact pins on the sides and one of the tip. These contact pins fit are compatible with pretty much all major cars that support an output of 12V to 24V and it sturdy enough to sit securely. So, you can be assured that it won’t pop out when the car in moving across some rough terrain.
- You can also find Xiaomi’s logo on the base portion along with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 logo. As expected it supports Qualcomm’s latest fast charge technology, which we’ll get to in a bit.
- The head portion is where the magic happens. It has two USB ports that can achieve a maximum output of 36W. What interesting is that Xiaomi has taken into account the lack of lighting and has incorporated an LED light ring around the rim of the head. This helps illuminated the USB ports at night.
However, the most important aspect when it comes to the design is the presence of a USB Type-C port on the side of the head. This port has a removable cover and is extremely useful for passengers in the back seat.
You might think what features can a car charger have? But Xiaomi has put a lot of thought into this into this device and has equipped it with some extremely useful features. At the outset, they advertise three main features – QC 3.0 Dual USB Ports, Temperature Control and Compatibility with iOS and Android.
Qualcomm 3.0 Dual USB ports
As mentioned earlier, this Xiaomi Car charger comes with dual USB ports on the head and is capable of providing an output of 36W. This can be primarily attributed to Qualcomm’s chip and Quick Charge 3.0 Technology. You can expect your phone to go from 0 to 100% in under 45 minutes. Most importantly, it doesn’t significantly drain the car battery.
Anything electronic works with a chip and the main controller. The Xiaomi charger uses MPS’ DC to DC microcontroller with the following features
Output Overcurrent Protection
- There have been instances in the past when car chargers have not been able to regulate the electricity and in turn, end up frying the phones with too much power. The Xiaomi Car Charger has an overcurrent module that regulates the current and shuts off the car charger when the current exceeds the limit.
Electromagnetic Interference Module
- There is an EMI module also called the Electromagnetic Interference Module that stops any interference from other electronic devices that can affect the function of the charger. This is important for all the parts to work.
Short Circuit Protection
- Sometimes there are power surges from the battery of the car and it’s a common occurrence. The Xiaomi Car Charger is enabled with short circuit protection that keeps the motherboard and the battery protected. This way you don’t lose the charger due to a surge of current.
- Cars can get hot inside because of the temperate inside and also when parked cars get really hot inside. Devices aren’t built to protect from too much heat, but the Xiaomi Car Charger has a thermal protection layer which stops excess heat from affecting the device.
- The device also stops excess voltage from burning the internal components. This keeps the device protected.
Function and Usage
There are three charging ports on the car charger. Two in the front and one on the side. The side is for people in the backseat. 3 devices can be charged simultaneously in one go.
- The 3.0 USB is the best in the market and ensures your devices as fast as possible without any delay or quality loss. It’s also enabled with a LED light which acts as illumination in the dark and also lets you know about the status of the charger.
- When its lit, it means the car charger is functional if not, it means you have not plugged it properly. USB chargers of both Android and iOS work seamlessly with the Xiaomi Car Charger.
Xiaomi Car Charger Price and Review – Final Thoughts
The Xiaomi Car Charger is a simple device that plays its role really well. One would assume, this is an ordinary car charger, but is super different from other car chargers because of the material used and the components installed. Other car chargers work for a brief period before it goes bust.
The Xiaomi Car Charger is durable and is meant to be used for years. It uses Qualcomm technology for the microchip which works brilliantly. The best part? You get a high-quality charge and that too very quickly without any charge loss. Check out our list of the Xiaomi Car Charger Price and Review for all the details.
- USB 3.0 which enables a super quick charge
- Brilliant design that looks stylish with the LED lights
- 3 USB Ports which can simultaneously charge 3 devices in one shot
- Myriad protective features such as Output Overcurrent Protection, Electromagnetic Interference Module, High-Temperature Protection and Short Circuit Protection.
- Price is worthy for the feature set
- Works with cars of all types
- Has a volt range of 12V to 24V which means it works with electricity volts of all types.
More Reviews :